Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 05:29 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Glad you both had a great 4th as we did. Family and BBQ of course was the order of the day.

Nick, yes I am having fun with the solar project! I just received my fourth and final panel and today I prepped it for mounting tomorrow. With that mounted I will have 4 panels and at max each one will generate 6.6 amps 12 DC giving me a 26.4 amps! I ran a permanent circuit from the side of the garage where the washer a dryer are up the all and over in the attic and down that wall to the Inverter. I now have a dedicated circuit permanently hooked up to the Inverter and Judy can wash and dry for free at her leisure. While pulling all of that Romex I pulled a second service for both garage door openers and the lights in the garage as well. Together they draw less than 15 amps. I am getting close to closure on this project in another week or so then I'll post on You Tube and post the link here.

It is not enough I am doing the solar but I split and tapped off of one of my garage 20 amp circuits and ran a leg off to power a Gable Attic Fan that draws 5 amps when the thermostat engages it. Now that was a project let me tell ya working even in the mornings during a hot spell. All of that was in effort to lower my AC from running so much! $$$$. I now find I will have to put in a second one at the other end of our house as I am not pulling enough hot air out of the attic at this point.

Sorry to read that your project hit a bump. But with that said, it sounds like you know where to go with a redesign of your hardware to make it functional..........best of luck my friend!

And then there was Mark.....lol No flying here either. Its either been killer HOT or like now for the last 4 days cool and gray rainy (no rain) outside making it impossible to see a plane or heli. TOOLS..............me likie the miter saw! Remember the old adage, measure twice and cut once! You will have some fun with that puppy. But Mark don't lose site of the weight involved with an aquarium that large. If your on a slab, your ok. If your on a raised foundation..... at 8.43 pounds per gallon that is 337 pounds without rocks and sand..........just saying. As good as the small aquarium looks your new 40 gallon reef tank will be totally AWESOME!

Look at this new MONSTER T-28 Horizon just came out with. It is made of Carbon-Z and has a wing span of 78"................ This punk is huge, and the best part is.....it only costs $569.99 can you say, sticker shock.....choke choke choke

http://www.horizonhobby.com/carbon-z...nology-efl1350

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=47&v=R3JAtfu3XJU

Last edited by JPEE; 07-09-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hey JPEE,

That's quite a plane...huge size and even hugererer price!

Last spring when I was looking at new jets and warbirds I remember coming across the large 6S models of F16 at Motionrc and thinking wow, that's a lot of money for a plane. Think I'll stick with my simple buck fifty planes.

You really are 'going off the grid' with your solar panel project. So are you going into your breaker box and rewiring for new breakers or placing them in a separate new box? I hope you kept hydrated while working in the attic in that heat but glad you were able to separate the attic fans so now your AC bill will reflect your hard work!

I hear you on the weight of the tank. Thankfully the reef site that I visit has a nice DIY section and standard plans for building a basic stand from 2x4's. From there you can branch out and add any extras you want, like shelving, electrical connections, plumbing, etc. At least the basic structure is sound and will support the weight of a tank - many guys have used the template to build their own stands so its a proven layout. I'll post some pictures when I start working on it but for now I'm just jotting down drawing ideas I am tossing around in my mind. And it is a slab the house is on so no worries there.

First things first though...I need to do a water test to make sure the tank has no leaks so that will be done in the garage just before the driveway just in case, then I need to drill the tank for the overflow. I've drilled one tank before and it is a stressing situation trying not to think of cracking the glass while drilling, but slow and steady works. Maybe this weekend I can get some of that done. BTW, I forgot how heavy glass is when I first picked up this tank. lol

Mark
Old 07-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Just an update - I was able to pick up my miter saw and the necessary lumber to start my stand framework.

Just an aside...who would have thought the 2X4's that I got are not truely 2" X 4"? The actual measurements are 1.5" X 3.5", who would have thought??? Glad I took a quick measurement before cutting as I had to redo some of my numbers that I had calculated earlier thinking I had 2" and 4". Geesh.

Really happy with the miter saw that I got. Decided to get the smaller 7 1/4" over the 10" just because I felt it would be a good starting point for me. Not too large and bulky and still cuts 2x4 with no problems. I did replace the stock blade with a higher tooth count one so I wouldn't get a bunch of splintery cuts. This is a huge improvement over the circular saw that I'm so used to.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Miter saw I.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	2110028  
Old 07-23-2015, 03:57 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

That's a mighty sweet new miter saw there my friend! Use it in good health and safety. No lie, count your fingers every-time you drag it out as a sub conscious way of saying BE-CAREFUL, these eat fingers! Or another way to say it is.... AWARENESS. Just today my daughter called and the dog chewed the bottom of the gate off to get out of the back yard. Good old Dad charged over with 3 chests of tools, 2x4's and plywood as she live 12 miles away and I did not want to go light and have to go back home for something. Back to you..........that saw is a dandy and I know you will do a crack job building that aquarium stand. 2X4's of actual size is unheard of! Man did you luck out or what and I completely understand why you had to rework your measurements.

The weather here has been very hot for weeks with BAD humidity and two days of hard rain that did "nothing" for the drought. We have fires which should have made your News on the TV where the cars burned up on the Freeway about 120 miles from me. The Fire water dropping copters, the 707 or whatever it is that drops retardant, the Leer Jet that is the lead spotter all had to stay grounded because of the dummah-hoes that had 6 FPV Drones in the air trying to get video! Well they caught some of them and I would not want to be in their shoes at all........... and I am glad they caught them too. People lost cars, homes and other property and these helped contribute to that loss in my opinion by keeping the air ships grounded.

Good luck and post pic's of the project when it is completed please.

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 07-23-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:52 PM
evdreamer

Time has sure flown by since my last post. I found a lot more problems with my project. I got most of my code finished now. I have a really bad noise problem on top of my audio. I am thinking it is a power issue. To solve that problem, I need to power my circuit from a different power supply. Then that creates a problem that I need to load my program into a memory chip, so I don't need my computer to load my program into the DSP RAM. Luckily my processor board already has that, but I have no idea on how to load my program into that. I think I finally figured out a way to record audio while I am processing other audio samples. I was planning on using a SD card to store my audio, but that is slow to write to. I was going to loose audio samples with the way I was planning to use it. I forgot something I learned in my signal processing class. I can purposely drop audio samples and quickly save that to the SD card. Then when I read from the SD card I put blank samples where I previously dropped them and put that through a filter. That can recover my original signal. I started writing the code for that. Those are my only problems left that I am aware of.

John,

That is cool you can generate a lot of power from you solar panels.

I saw a headline about the drones and the fires. However, I didn't read the article. Hopefully you don't have any more fires in the area.

Mark,

It sounds like you are having a good time making your aquarium stand.

Nick

Name:	P7230551.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2110908   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7230552.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2110909  
Old 07-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

I know its summer and we all have other things that we're doing so don't worry about not posting in a while there Nick.

BTW, sorry to hear about the problems your running into with your project. Although I couldn't quite follow all your explaination I got the jist of the problem and your fixes, I bet its been tying up much of your free time. At least your finding these issues out early on and have time to solve them.

JPEE,

I did see the fire on the news and that is amazing how it swept across the freeway. And your right, idiots not being responsible with their drones and once again intefering with response personnel. I hope the ones caught get hit hard.

Nice work on keeping the daughters fido in the fence again! I completely understand wanting to take all necessary tools just in case, not fun having to drive back to get something you forgot.

I have been very careful with my new cutter - much respect for it. I was able to finish most of my cuts last weekend and started putting the bottom frame sections together. My older battery powered drill however has seen better days as the charge doesn't last too long and so my drilling holes then screwing them in really drains the battery quickly. Might have to look into replacing that old battery if I can't get too far this weekend with assembly.

Mark

Name:	Saw.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2110920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	2110921  
Old 07-24-2015, 05:23 PM
JPEE

Nick, "what Mark said" I second.... I can imagine that I can be frustrating at times, but as Mark said finding these glitches early on is a good thing. Feel good that you can find them and know for the most part what ti will take to correct the big. Good work in my book.

Mark, in the words of Al Bundy,...................Peg....it don't get better than that! Meaning you with your new miter saw and out there in the garage shade and the all outdoors it what a man is supposed to do. I can see even had you said nothing that the lumber is true dimension, it has no round edges.
Funny you talk about your batteries. Judy and I wen to OSH with a 15% off coupon to get me me some new batteries today. However we did not buy because I found some "what might be" better deal on line. I have a big set of 7 pieces of Craftsmen 19.2 vt on NMH packs, saw, drills, jig and lites and sawzall and more. I have been using them for 10 years and for 6 years I had my business and had NEVER had a failure of one of the tools. I have replaced them once and now these are getting tire too. Well Craftsmen came out with new Lipos for direct replacements! But.......... you need to buy a new charger. It will do both, your old batteries and the new Lipos, crazy huh. Overall the Lipos are about $15.00 more per two packs in one box. That's not bad, but the new charger is $45.00 ouch! I have two of the old style chargers which work fine, what would do with them, kept them as back up for my failing batteries and the new one for the new packs, naw. I have to do some deep pricing and see what I get get for my dollar.
Listen to this, my buddy was over telling me his friend has several battery powered drills and such and all of them have dead batteries so..................................... he took them apart and installed extensions cords about 6' with clips and he keeps a 12vt car battery near his bench which runs everything LMAO. Heck, I'd make an adapter cord and hook that punk up to a 6S lipo and saw/screw away. I doubt the 22 volt would harm the 19.2 motor. I might just try that for a project. A 5S pack would be perfect 3.7x5= 18.5. But believe me a drill with a 5S or 6S will never know the difference.

Today was DONE DAY.......the solar is complete! I crawled the attic for the last time today and pulled about 30 feet of Romex and cut in two new single gang boxes in the ceiling next to the house receptacles that presently power both garage door openers. Now I just unplugged each opener and move it over 12" into the solar receptacle and wal-la I was done. So now in the end I have the 42" TV and cable box, both garage door openers, washer and dryer, my work bench are all running on free solar electricity. I did a close budget check and came up with a firm $1,600 but putting pork in there it is probably $1,700 with incidentals. I am not looking for a big pay off or savings, those there will be some of course, I am looking for catastrophic back-up. Be it earthquake or City grid failure I am set now and did every bit of it myself with the help of my Judy. If two senior citizens can do it, anyone can

JPEE out
Old 07-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Congrats on finishing up your solar project. However though, you broke the sacred rule and added up all the costs of your project...such a big no no. You should know better!

I hear you on your project providing power in the event of a power outage and not relying on a gas powered generator.

Yes, I have been having fun in the garage with my miter saw. Mostly I do my project when my wife is at work and so my son gets to join me. He enjoys 'copying' dad doing measurements on his scrap wood with a tape measurer, then using a triangle to draw off a straight line, then making imaginary cuts with his lego saw. After I'm done making my cuts with the saw I unplug it and let him handle the arm and see how the different parts work - at least this way he understands (and hopefully respects) the dangers of the saw but isn't intimidated by it. I believe in sharing this with him and not just say to him 'stay away b/c this is dangerous for you to be around'. I respect this saw and so never, ever walk away from it with my son by himself.

Speaking of lumber, I did a quick mock assembly of the stand today and discovered I have a really warped section that makes up part of the top (that the aquarium sits on) and so looks like I need to replace it. I need to look closely at the leftover 2X4 I have to see if its workable, if not then back to Lowe's to look through lots of beams to find one not warped. To find these 6 sections I must have gone through 35 sections. Ugh.

My drill and I have found some understanding to get through this project - as long as I take several breaks inbetween drilling to charge it it'll cooperate. Funny that I have to compromise with the wife and now compromise with this drill? WTHeck!

Want to share a picture of the mock assembly for the stand (the big aquarium will go on top, the smaller one - the sump- is down below). Please disregard the messy living room - its summer vacation afterall.

Mark

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	2111563  
Old 07-30-2015, 08:50 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day early, I didn't want to miss it. Go buy the fish!

You stand looks real sturdy and well built. I like the twist on the vertical legs, it takes away the crate look and shows some style. I am glad you caught the twisted board now rather than later once it was well building and would be a bear to take out and exchange. When I bring home lumber like that I always lash it together with belt it together with tie down straps to stop warping until I am ready to cut and screw fyi.

The only reason I wanted to know what I had in it was to be able to say how cheap it was to do, or if a friend asked and they were considering putting in a small system and they wanted a cost review before they made their commitment. I know the old saying "if you have to ask you can't afford it" but no biggie.

Sorry I am late with my reply, it's been crazy lately! Once again have a Happy Birthday!

JPEE

Name:	spitfire.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	2111895  

Last edited by JPEE; 07-30-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:18 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Happy birthday!

Your stand is looking good. That is cool your son likes to watch and help out with the project. I have a lot of photos when I was really young pretending to help my dad with fixing up the house.

John,

That is good to hear you finished your solar project. Now you can sit back and enjoy all your hard work.

Nick
Old 08-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I did get some goodies for my reef project so it was very nice, also got an icecream cake from Baskin Robbins so that was a great plus! Although I had to work we did finally get to see a movie - Jurassic World, for my son. But hey, the chance to go to a theatre is a great change from the norm. And we got to go to a really nice theatre at Downtown Disney - not the usual movie entertainment that I am used to.

JPEE,

My costs so far for my 'little' 40 gallon tank has exceeded $500 and that is without anything alive, so equipment only. Yes, one can do a reef on a budget as I have done in the past (lots of DIY type stuff) but this one I decided to splurge a little. The stand will have that crate box look - the picture was just a test to see if everything would line up. It didn't. I did end up back at Lowe's to replace some sections that were causing problems.

Love the Spitfire cake!

Nick,

I'll have to take some pictures next time I'm out with my son - thanks for that reminder as it will be something to remember.

Mark
Old 08-10-2015, 03:55 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

QUOTE: Congrats on finishing up your solar project. However though, you broke the sacred rule and added up all the costs of your project...such a big no no. You should know better!

Mark, So you just had to break the rules yourself hey, posting the cost of the aquarium........shame on you!.........You should know better! lol.
That's a small amount of money for such a great project and the enjoyment you and the entire family derive when it is completed

Sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday. We too from time to time will do an Ice Cream Cake for my 42 year old Daughter, there's a special one there she likes too. Sound like your theater was a great deal for you and George and the Mrs. to see that kind of movies deserves a big screen and a comfy chair for sure. Glad ya liked the cake, I did look far and wide for that Zero cake.............but again you deserved it. Keep the photos coming as you rework the stand and get the tanks in.

JPEE
Old 08-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Aframomum

JPEE the comedian from California - yous a very funny person!

We are counting down the days until school starts again - 13 left to go. This years summer has seemed unusually long and hot...looking forward to some cooling days ahead. At least the days are getting shorter as when I leave work in the morning the sun hasn't come up yet.

Speaking of Zero's, I stopped by the Motion website and picked up a new set of propellers for my Zero. My last outing (back in April) my landing had an unexpected nose-over and chewed up my last set. I plan to put a few fishing weights in the tail section of the plane so to keep the tail grounded on landings. Looking forward to getting out next month for a few morning flights.

Finally got some work done on my aquarium and stand - drilled the aquarium for the overflow drain hole and got the stand framing put together. That just leaves putting 1/4" plywood sheets on the stand and staining it and for the aquarium I have plumbing for the drain and returns to put together. Not too long now!

Mark

Name:	drill i.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2114043   Click image for larger version

Name:	drill ii.jpg
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2114044   Click image for larger version

Name:	drill iii.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	2114045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hole.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2114046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank I.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	2114047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank II.jpg
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2114048  
Old 08-25-2015, 04:55 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I just wanted to check up on you as I saw a few reports from your side of the country and it seems much of your side is on fire - I hope you guys are doing fine and are out of any 'hotspots' although I can imagine the smoke must be terrible. Let us know when you get a chance.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:43 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark and Nick,

Nick, I hope your back at school now, my California State U reopend this Monday, TRAFFIC! Let us know what your classes are.

Mark,

Nice job on the cutting the hole in the aquarium! A question for you, how thick was the glass? In the old days before we all had diamond drum cutting bits we did like you showed with the clay and made a dam. Then we took a piece of copper pipe up to 1/2" and chucked it up in a drill motor. Next we filled the the reservoir with water and Comet kitchen cleaner. The grit in that Comet did what the diamonds did for you. Just a piece of history for you to chuckle at. Your stand looks super strong and more over..... very stable. Good job.

I want to add for your reading pleasure the following:

California Lawmakers Approve Drone Trespassing Crime Bills

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Aug 24, 2015, 9:06 PM ET

California lawmakers advanced legislation Monday seeking to rein in the use of privacy-invading drones, passing one bill to prevent the use of drones by paparazzi and another making it a trespassing violation to fly drones over private property without permission.
In the state Senate, lawmakers voted 40-0 to approve AB856 by Assemblyman Ian Calderon, D-Whittier, classifying drone use to take pictures or video on private property as an invasion of privacy. "This bill will make paparazzi accountable for the breach of private property boundaries," said Sen. Bob Wieckowski, D-Fremont, who carried the bill in the Senate.
Meanwhile, the Assembly voted 43-11 on AB856 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara, which would create a trespass crime for operating a drone less than 350 feet above ground over private property without consent.
Assemblyman Mike Gatto, D-Glendale, who presented Jackson's bill, said it makes sense to extend property rights upward as drones become more popular.
"If you drive on someone's property with a car, you're trespassing. If you're looking on someone's property to break in, you're trespassing. It makes no sense that a drone should be able to look in your window and the operator should not be guilty of the same trespass," Gatto said.
Assemblywoman Shannon Grove, R-Bakersfield, was among several Assembly lawmakers who worried the proposal would harm a growing industry and stifle innovation. She has a drone manufacturer in her district, she said.
"Don't regulate an industry out of business," Grove said.
Other lawmakers suggested the state should wait for federal regulators to develop policies.
Gatto said the bill would not affect businesses because the bill maintains a drone corridor and only targets "people up to no good."
Both bills return to their house of origin for another vote.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

2 Arrested in Plot to Fly Contraband Into Prison With Drone

JESSUP, Md. — Aug 24, 2015, 5:32 PM ET
By DAVID DISHNEAU Associated Press

Police arrested two men with a drone near a Maryland state prison as the men prepared to fly drugs, tobacco and pornography into the maximum-security institution, state police and prison officials said Monday.
The arrests on Saturday near Cumberland highlight a growing problem for prison operators nationwide as they struggle to get ahead of the mini-helicopter technology. Officials have also reported prison contraband smuggling attempts involving drones in South Carolina and Ohio.
The Yuneec Typhoon model seized from the men's vehicle has a cargo capacity of 6 to 8 ounces, police said. That's enough to carry the packages of tobacco, synthetic marijuana, prescription narcotics and pornographic DVDs seized in the arrest, but not enough to hoist the pistol that police said was also found with the men.
Larger drones exist that could carry a gun, said Stephen T. Moyer, secretary of the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
"That's my biggest fear," he told a news conference. "The use of these drones to bring this type of contraband into a facility is very, very troubling, and we're going to address it."
Moyer said he will ask the General Assembly to fund the installation of drone-detection technology at state prisons. The radar-like technology would cost $350,000 to $400,000 per prison. The technology is not needed at all 24 facilities the state operates, but about 20 could be eligible, corrections department spokesman Gerard Shields said.
Moyer said the investigation began several weeks ago, enabling authorities to arrest the men near the Western Correctional Institution, a nearly 1,700-bed institution in the Appalachian Mountains about 120 miles west of Baltimore.
Officers found the two men inside a vehicle with a drone, contraband and a handgun. They displayed the drone and photos of the contraband at a news conference. Officials say these are the first arrests on charges of attempting to use a drone to deliver contraband to a Maryland prison.
The investigation also involved an inmate suspected of collaborating with the men, Moyer said. Investigators found contraband in the inmate's cell and were preparing to charge him, he said.

WHAT SAY YOU ABOUT THAT?

Last edited by JPEE; 08-26-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:55 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

By now you should have recevice my email letter regarding the fires here in California. We are super safe!

Thanks for checking in.

John
Old 08-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Aframomum

Yep JPEE,

saw your email yesterday but didn't have time to respond - glad to hear you are A-O-Kay! I do hope you get some rain to help with the dry conditions your having. Hearing about all those fires and the smoke covering entire states is just unbelievable.

Yes, school has started and I am one of those parents waiting in the morning lines to drop off my son. But its something that I enjoy doing so no worry's. Plus when he starts riding the bus I'll not have this chance anymore.

Funny on the drone-stories. Guys in NJ and KY are getting arrested for shooting them down near their property. Discharge of a firearm in a subdivision is the charge. Security fences for prisons against drones - what a cost they had listed. You would think some sort of frequency jamming zone would work.

The glass cutting with the aquarium was slow but a success. I heard a few reports of cracked tanks while drilling so that was on my mind even though I was trying to ignore it. I have never heard of using a pipe with Comet but guess before diamond bits you had to use something. Quite ingenious!

Corals do have toxins that they use for chemical warfare to protect themselves so yes, you do have to be careful when handling them. There are numerous threads on the reef site that I visit that have warnings about which corals to be extra careful in handling and/or fragging due to their toxicity. Thanks for the heads up though!

Mark
Old 08-27-2015, 11:57 AM
JPEE

Mark,

I sould have known, you are a bright man in that you would have done your homework before just jumping into a project like this. I twas just crazy at the deather annually and how truely how sick you can get from coral.

Ah............. taking the children to school, here's where your late working shift pays off! We rent our other house to Judy's grand niece and they have two little ones. One in pre kinder and the other in kinder. One of the reasons they wanted the house was because the grammer or grade school call it what you will.... is 4 doors down the sidewalk! It is a renouned and sought after school to get into, even though it is Public. Both kids are very bright from attending a Montessori preschool. The little one who I guess is 4 knows all of the continents on the globe by heart and not only recite them but can point to them on the globe and....... they are both bi-lingual! So their Dad like you walks them down the side walk all four houses away as they run in the gate. Then he stays 15 min on alternate days in each of the two childrens classes. There is a ton of SUV's out front most of the day of well-to-do parents that contribute as he does helping get kids from the street after being dropped off, helping the classes and cafeteria and playgrounds. Like I said it is a privledge to attend this school.That really helps towards how your child is ranked in the school.
Well good luck to you Mark on the completetion of the aquarium and taking the wee ones to school, certainly a memory for life!

Drones, I doubt they could use a freq because these drones can go 5-10k feet up. and you'd interfere with wireless routers and other other items like wireless phones and then real planes or Police helicopters. There is so much on 2.4 and 5.? gig hz.

Here is the answer for Kentucky and alike
[TABLE="class: data-table, width: 609"]
[TR="class: first odd"]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Manufacturer[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]Tacnition[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TH="class: label"]Condition[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]new[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Bullet Weight[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]1-3/8 oz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label"]Bullet Type[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]Depleted Uranium Buckshot[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Ammo Casing[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]Not Applicable[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label"]Quantity[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Ammo Caliber[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]12 Gauge[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label"]Manufacturer SKU[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]4-1-2013[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Primer Type[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]Not Applicable[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label"]Shell Length[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]3"[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Muzzle Velocity (fps)[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]No[/TD]
[/TR]
[TH="class: label"]Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)[/TH]
[TD="class: data last"]No[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: last odd"]
[TH="class: label, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]Cost Per Round[/TH]
[TD="class: data"]$3.55 per roun[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Smiles my friend...........JPEE, the pervayor of a lot because I am so old!

Name:	1439934815-droneshot.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	2116908   Click image for larger version

Name:	drone-loads-product-image-2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2116909  

Last edited by JPEE; 08-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:57 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good you enjoyed your birthday.

Your stand is looking good.

That is cool you enjoy dropping your son off to school.

I remember reading the article about the guy getting arrested for shooting down a drone. It is hard to create a jammer for a spread spectrum transmitter that RC aircraft use. It is easy to do with AM and FM transmitters. You would have to know what code is being used to generate the spread spectrum signal which is a really long code. Then there is software on top of that expecting errors and trying to correct for it. It could be done, but it would be expensive.

John,

That is good you are safe from the fires.

I am taking the 2nd senior design class. I pretty much finished up my portion of the project this summer. I just have a few little things left. Then I need to make sure everything works with my group members part of the project. I am taking labview programming. It is a graphical way of programming. You can drag objects with certain characteristics and the code is written for you based on what you draw. Some people use it for interfacing with test equipment at my internship, so that might be helpful. I am taking an electrical decision analysis. It basically is a class to help determine whether a project is worth starting or not. Right now we are going over the financial part of a project, which is very interesting to me. I am also taking a speech class which I saved for my last semester.

I get worried once law makers start making laws related to RC aircraft. It seems some of them don't know the difference between a drone and the hobby part of it. It seems the AMA is looking out for our best interest when it comes to new laws.

My boss and supervisor at my internship liked what I have done, so I get to keep working there over my fall semester. I like that they gave me flexible hours during school, so I can work around my class schedule. I am still working at my other job on the weekends and I finally got a weekend off. My boss at my internship said there isn't any permanent job openings, so I still got my other job to fall back on until I can find a job after I graduate.

Nick
Old 08-29-2015, 06:31 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

So good to hear from you! It appears your claess are working out and your still interested in your work and facing new engineering and electronic challenges, that's good. When its not fun, then it gets boring and you dont want that. I faced a challenge recently pulling out my 33 gallon gas tank that I fill my off road vehicles with that is under my Toy Hauler Trailer. A guy helped me pull it out but the challenge for me was to handle it by myself and get it to the welding shop to fix the leak and to get it back up under the trailer and reinstalled all by myself. It took me three weeks of working about 1 hour per day in the coolness of the morning and out of the heat at 7:00 a.m. because thats when it was the safest with all of the gas fumes leaking out of the split tank. I did do it all by myself! What a feeling of completion, self worth, accomplishment and all of that at my age 67 3/4s LOL. So that is what your experiencing in your world, it never gets old, it feels grea doesn't it!
With regard to your Internship, that's great they are working around your shcedule, but don't lose faith because things change..............it is not imposible that an opening "could come open". People move on, have changes in their lives, some good some bad and life is full of surprises. So work hard and build a solid name for yourself so should something open, they will remember your name before all others.
My best you my friend!
JPEE
Old 08-31-2015, 05:07 PM
JPEE

Boy, that JPEE is really a hoot! He posts interesting stuff for sure.

I am here to report that he went flying today. When he arrived at the air field it 2:00 pm. He found temp at 90 but there was a nice but stiff breeze when under the shelter and pit area that made it tolarable. First up was his 700! Even with the strong breeze the take off was spectacular! And so off he flew into the blue skies, everyone knows that a breeze or wind means nothing to a 700 FBL. Having been away from flying for a time due to circumstances he took it easy and had a great flight but the landing with the heavy breeze made JPEE take pause! He was ready to auto and slide in the last 6-8 feet but just then there was a pause in the wind and he set her down like no other can.......all in once piece LOL.

Next........ it was time for him to take up the T-28, she is a nice flyer. However, once again that wind though was flyable took much of the fun out of it for him bacause he was getting pushed all around. So near 10 minutes later it was time to come in and land. It took him three passes and once again playing on the wind, there was a break in the gusts and down he came with that foamy with a bit of a bounce and she washome and safe. With those two flights completed that gave him the "fix" he needed. He won't be fliyng for some time now. He is having shoulder surgery on Wed Sept 2 and that means the dreaded SLING with his arm fixed in place for some time, then PT after. We were told this could go into a month or two. He'll be fine and back out there perhaps in time for the AZ trip he takes annually.

Third Party JPEE
Old 09-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Aframomum

Wanted to post a quick reply as I'm almost off to work soon...JPEE, this is what I get not checking in for a few days.

Wishing your shoulder procedure went smoothly and you are resting comfortably with some nice prescription pain pills.

Take care and speedy recovery,

Mark
Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 PM
evdreamer

John,

I hope your surgery went well and you are on your way to recovery.

That is great to hear you enjoyed flying a few days ago in spite of the heat and wind, and that the aircraft came back in one piece.

That is cool you were able to take out and install the large gas tank in your trailer.

Nick
Old 09-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Have to apologize for the short post but with school started again things have gotten busy. Work has picked up with a higher number of sick patients and at home we have started to go through the tornado mess that is the living room. It really got out of hand during the summer and we are finally getting to sort though it a few hours each morning - deciding what to get rid of and what to keep.

Nick,

Good luck in school this semester - saved the speech class for last. I know the feeling! I bet the electrical decision analysis class will be very interesting - many a projects I'm sure never made it past the financial review meetings so it'll be nice to have a good understanding of the processes that make or break a future development.

As JPEE said don't worry about the job openings right now as things in life do change. Never know, might find someone special and find yourself moving to an entirely different part of the country! Hey, it happens. Just make sure you always have an updated version of your resume ready to go because when things happen, they usually happen quickly.

JPEE (or he who knows that JPEE guy),

Hope he's resting, recovering, and dealing with that darn sling. Sounds like he's dealt with this before so he'll know what to expect. At least he was able to get out before and enjoy some 'him' time with the 700 and his trusty T-28. Next time you see him tell him best wishes and get well soon. lol

Okay, enough of that third person thing! I do wish you the best.

Your flights sounded great and kind of makes me want to get back out there with my Zero or Spitty, but right now I will have to wait for a cooler day. I think they may be in our sort of near future forecast! Meanwhile, I got my requested PTO day off the end of month so I can make a dive trip to Tampa. Yep, one dive a year to keep my certification up. While I'm in Tampa I plan to also swing by an aquaculture facility to pick up my live rock for my tank. This aquaculture facility has some government leased seafloor in the Gulf of Mexico that they dumped tons and tons of man-made cement rock so it can get colonized with sealife. They then harvest the rock and yep, we buy it and put it in our tanks as a substitute to rock taken from the reefs in Fiji, Solomon Islands, or any other Pacific reef site. Kind of a way to have a reef without taking from the reefs.

Mark
Old 09-05-2015, 06:33 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

That sounds wonderful that you can get some coral from a man made reef, that just makes so much sense. Someone is on the ball there forsure! Absolutely keep up that cert, you don't want to have to back for that again. Do enjoy you Ferris Bueller Day in Tampa. I thought you'd get a kick out of a little 3rd Party chatter just to change it up a bit. lol

With children and summer stuff it's out with old and in with the new, especially with Christmas around the corner!

Well the surgery went better than expected in most regards. Surgery was Wed and Friday I dropped the sling (with docs order) "carefully" and am loosening up my shoulder with some exercises. I took one pain pill mandatory on surgery day ICK.
He shaved some bone and trimmed some rotor cuff angle hair or fibers that torn up and looked like a rats nest, I am sure you get it being in the field. He thought he might have to cut my bicep too and I might get a Popeye arm as the bicep drew together in my arm. He said I would hardly be effected. While it does look a bit larger than my lefty which I am a lefty I can't say for sure. I see him again in 10 days then I'll know. I go to PT next Thursday too.
The bad part is...........they racked my throat when they intubated me. I have a crook and told them I need a childs tube and they saw my notes in the Pr Op.. My sore throat has given me more pain than the operation and today, I am able to swallow and talk just above whisper, brutal my friend. I have had 4 other surgeries and never even knew they tube me, not this time, I got a memory on this baby. The upside is I got lot of pudding and apple sauce lol. Thank you so much for the good wishes.

I am sure you saw on the News another Quad Drone fell inside of an open Louis Armstrong sports stadium at the US Open, thank God it didn't hit anyone. The Gov is gonna get all over those I am telling you.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...g-into-stadium

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 09-05-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.