E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 09-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi JPEE,

Things have basically returned to normal for us - we finished cleaning up all the branches and loose shingles. The trash pickup for the storm debris is next Tuesday so it will be nice to see it all go. Have to watch when your driving around not to get too close to the side of the road as all the tree debris sometimes can get close to the curb and if your not careful you'll scrape your car when driving past it. Ouch! Also, the schools have been closed the entire week. I told my son he got a hurricane fall break. They start back on Tuesday.

I like your PVC plane work stand - its nice and tall so the rudder clears the floor. I see your toy hauler is about ready - planes hung and ready for flight. I really like working with PVC piping as its easy to cut and glue together and is strong to support any kind of model. When I lived in Ohio I had built a portable PVC stand similar to yours to help put together my 40 size nitro at the field as I couldn't fit it in my car with the wing on.

With the cooler weather coming I have been wanting to get out flying again - unfortunately my fleet is not really flight ready now. So yesterday I made my first RC-related purchase in a long time...got a new charger and a new set of blades for my Fusion 50. (figured I could splurge a little bit!)

My current charger is a simple little 50 watt with an internal power supply that plugs into a 120 outlet. Takes almost 2 hours to charge a single 6S 5000 lipo - ugh! It's taken care of my charging needs but I have been needing to upgrade it. Plus the power supply you helped me make a few years back is still working so time to put it to use again. I had a Powerlab 6 for a short while and it was a nice charger but I had to sell it - so I decided to stay with the same company (Revolectrix) and try one of their different chargers but with similar features: a GT 1200. Revolectrix Plus I got a nice deal as it was on sale, so win-win.

The blades I picked up I have been wanting to try for some time: Rail 556 blades. The Switch blades I had for the past few years on the Fusion were really nice but I had to sell them with the Goblin 570 as a package this past spring.

I plan to pick up 2 more lipo's so I can get more flying time this upcoming season. Weird talking about our seasons starting in the fall. lol

That's about it for now. Of course we will be watching TS Maria churning in the Caribbean right now and see what she decides to do. And our closing is still scheduled for Nov/Dec timeframe. Have a good weekend,

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 09-16-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:14 AM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark,

We don't want any scrapes on your Stang do we....pay attention to the that debris on the side of the road!
Thanks for the kudos on the flight stand. I have about run out of time, I have the new parts for the P-51 but not the time, so this will give me project to do while waiting for my fly friends to arrive in old AZ. When we get rain or more wind than we can fly in a guy needs to have some inside bench projects to take on. I also will be removing my 700 from the 500MD Hughes so I can brush in the flat black paint on the interior of the FG shell. Then when she fly's by the interior will match the 700 and all will kinda go away from the more scale look. I also while doing to beta flights tests on the reworked 600 I need to remove the all of the temp zip ties and firmly put away all of its electronics and I want to remove a servos blades and put wire armor over all of the wires like the rest of my heli's to protect the wires from rubs no to mention they frame looks so much more complete and sweet.

I must admit I have never heard of the that charger brand. After I read if spec sheet of 1200 watts. Ah…I forgotten that you made a power supply, what from the server power supplies right? That will give you 24 volts to really get that 40 amps from your new charger. I looked up it’s spec’s and yes she will run on 24 volt +. My iCharger lets me ONLY charge with my parallel charging board 6 ea. 6S packs at 30 amps.

Output battery charge current: Adjustable range 25mA to 40A, limited by 60A input current*

Output battery discharge current: Internal discharge 25mA to 8A, 80W max, Regenerative discharge 25mA to 40A, 1200W max**

Continuous max output power: 600W @ +12VDC input, 1200W @ +24VDC

Your new charger exceeds that by 10 amps! WOW you dog you :-) and that it will take 8S even better. A word from a senior citizen…..get a quality parallel board. The cheap ones have a foam rubber backing. The better ones have a hard case on the board to protect when in use. Look at HK and then here at Buddy RC Safe 40A ParaBoard V3 - XH with EC5 and they are rated for the 40 amps you will use at some point.

Keep your head down and fly under the radar! Glad your all safe and we pray that the next to storms have little to effect on you.

JohnAh…I forgotten that you made a power supply, what from the server power supplies right? That will give you 24 volts to really get that 40 amps from your new charger. I looked up it’s spec’s and yes she will run on 24 volt +. My iCharger lets me charge with my parallel charging board 6 ea. 6S packs at 30 amps.

Output battery charge current: Adjustable range 25mA to 40A, limited by 60A input current*

Output battery discharge current: Internal discharge 25mA to 8A, 80W max, Regenerative discharge 25mA to 40A, 1200W max**

Continuous max output power: 600W @ +12VDC input, 1200W @ +24VDC

Your new charger exceeds that by 10 amps! WOW you dog you J and that it will take 8S even better. A word from a senior citizen…..get a quality parallel board. The cheap ones have a foam rubber backing. The better ones have a hard case on the board to protect when in use. Look at HK and then here at Buddy RC Safe 40A ParaBoard V3 - XH with EC5 and they are rated for the 40 amps you will use at some point.

Keep your head down and fly under the radar! Glad your all safe and we pray that the next to storms have little to effect on you.

John
Old 09-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi guys,

JPEE,

I certainly hope your able to find some time to put those new parts on your P-51. As you said, if the weather calls for an inside-day that will be a perfect time. Did you get the chance to paint the inside of the fuse yet? I think it's a good idea to clean up the wiring and cover them in the wire armor to protect them, probably lots of areas in a scale fuse for rubbing/chafing.

I did receive the charger and blades but have not found any time to do anything with them yet - may try tomorrow to hook everything up and test it out. Also picked up 2 gens ace lipo's from HF classifieds - every place always seems sold out so took a chance with some used one's. I'll see how they turn out in the long run.

Wanted to show you a few signs that I found while driving around that got bent out of shape by Irma a few weeks ago. Those are some powerful winds to twist the metal that way!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170920_104521.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	2233689   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170920_104539.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2233690  
Old 09-25-2017, 07:09 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark,

I have set all RC stuff aside and don't expect to do anything in that area until I get to AZ. I need to pull the 700 out of the MD500 and while out put in the new motor on the 700 so hopefully I can fly with one success rather than two with a low scale head speed. Then while the 700 is out go ahead and do the flat black inside the fuselage and then glue in the black netting over both side windows in the canopy and just leave the nose clear. This heavy black netting allows air to come through the fuselage and keep the ESC and motor cool but is just enough of a blind you really cannot see the 700 from the sides is it flies by and sign the fuse. Same with the wiring on the 600 and The P 51 all done and easy.

I am glad your battery charger and blades came in. Sounds like you got a deal on the batteries too. I can only imagine how backed up time wise you are after that storm. Thank you for including the signs that over from the 140 50 60 70 mile an hour wind whatever it finally came out to be, just plain scary.

Been busy, my daughter moved last weekend and Dad had new furniture to screw together and hump around the living room, install smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors too. Then we were cleaning the old house to ensure she got her $1,600 deposit back, which she did. I think I am going back tomorrow or Wednesday to do a few last minute things. Judy leaves for a vacation to Spain this Friday for a week or so. Me.......I am staying in the USA thank you........

JP
Old 09-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi JPEE,

You have been quite busy with helping your daughter clean up her old house so to get her deposit back and with the furniture assembly - time for a well deserved break!

Glad that you finished with the finishing touches on the 700. I'm sure the netting you used conceals the innards of the electric heli so all you see is the scale features of the fuse.

Also wanted to ask since you've had the 700 for some time any major preventative work you've done to the heli - ie. bearing replacement, damper replacement, gear replacements, etc? My reason for asking is with my Fusion 50 getting close to 2 years I have been considering doing a semi teardown to check and replace things if needed (mainly bearings and dampers). Of course I don't have the option to replace gears or shafts so will have to clean them up and reinstall.

I did finish up getting my new lipo's connectors swapped and got to test out my new charger. It is nice and easily does a charge in less than 15 minutes without even getting warm. No problems with the power supplies either - best little server DIY project ever! I did an easy hover in my front yard yesterday just to dust off some of the heli reflexes.

Have a good weekend!

Mark
Old 10-02-2017, 07:04 AM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark how's it going?
Things are well here, spent another day at the daughters house changing out cabinet knobs hanging wall mount TVs and other dad type tasks yesterday. But I so love having the one on one time with my daughter and grandson.

As far as preventative maintenance on the 700 it is original I believe it's a 2012. Before I bought the 700 I was already in possession of a device for packing the bearings before I assembled it called "the greaser". What it just like a wheel bearing push grease it's in the bearing out in the fresh grease in it it's a high temperature grease. The only bearings that I've never been replaced I believe are the main bearings and that's from a couple of small accidents I don't want to call them crashes, like an auto landing that was a bit hard and she tipped over had major blade strike which bent the shaft. All the other bearings throughout the helicopter our original. I check for instance when I have the copter a part to put it in the MD 500 fuselage and I have the tail off I check my roller bearings in the tail and see if there's any grinding or rough spots which there was not. The motor bearings the tour to drive everything is original and less I lost something as I said in one of those minor incursions. I do the same with all of my copters. I have never lost a bearing to seizing or wearing out. I too have given thought to one season disassemble the entire 700 and replace every bearing just for the peace of mind but I've never gotten to it, I guess I may be a bit confident because I've never lost a bearing. As I go back and read your post and we talk about the dampeners those too are all original open the head! I'm posting photograph of two of my battery trays showing you the flights that are on the 700. This is just two of the four trays, safely I can say that my third tray has an equal amount but my fourth is a limited 10 flight tray.I can offer that you can do no wrong in doing that maintenance tear down and check for worn out bearings or cracks or other problems it can remain somewhat hidden, how can you go wrong during PM work.

You're going to marvel now at being able to fly and recharge in those 15 minutes instead of waiting hours. Your past building of your 24 V power supply is going to really pay off now and.... that was a whopping deal you got on that baby too.

I'm getting fairly excited about getting ready to shove off to go flying in the open spaces.I am on the fence but about ready to close on buying a DJI Mavic Pro Drone. While they are not cheap at about $1200 for the bundle I want. My goal is to be able to take the Mavic with me because of its small size on my Polaris razor while we go on trail rides and get some exciting video from up in the canyons in ridges an old abandoned buildings we find out in the desert and do some aerial work.
BTW in counting the flights I see about 115 on just these two packs, and they are 2011 too. I just found my purchase on a spread sheet I keep, I paid $1260. for the 700 in July of 2011. So that says a lot about "the greaser"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0131.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	2234862  

Last edited by JPEE; 10-02-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM
evdreamer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mark,

That is good there wasn't too much damage after the storm. It could have been more like Texas.

That is good you are enjoying the new charger.

John,

That is cool Judy is going to Spain. I would like to visit Europe some day. The farthest I have gone is to Canada.

That is good to hear you are enjoying time with the family.

I went to Arkansas with some friends last month. One of them has a family lake house that we stayed in. I went water skiing and wake boarding for the first time. I was able to get up which was really fun. I have never been there before. It was cool seeing all the scenery and curvy roads. I wish I brought my motorcycle.

Nick
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Nick,

What a nice vacation spot - a lake house! I bet you had a very nice time. I've never been water skiing but with all the lakes in central Florida I see the boats pulling wake boarders all the time. I pull over sometimes to watch them do flips over the boats wake - some of them have skill as they don't wipe out, others not so. lol
Next time bring your bike to try out some of those curvy roads!

JPEE,

I almost forgot that your wife is in/went to Spain! I'm sure she is having a very nice time. Is that why your keeping yourself so busy?!

I took a look at the Mavic that you mentioned - looks like the best part of that package is the ability to fold up into a neat rectangular shape for transporting. Very easy for carrying along with you on your ATV trips. Yeah, not cheap but what the heck - if you can afford it why not!

I remember you mentioning the greaser tool for packing bearings. Seems like the history for your 700 proves its use - your bearings are still going after 6 years!

I did start work on doing a partial tear down of my Fusion - after doing some flights on Sunday of course. lol I did discover a bad main shaft bearing so will replace that. I also will soak the one-way in automatic transmission fluid to relube it. And will replace the dampers for the head and re-grease the thrust bearings when I get that apart. At least I'll feel better when its all done knowing that everything is in good shape when I next take her out.

Also forgot to mention, they put up drywall and finished mudding it. And I found a really nice area to fly right in my backyard, so to speak. They have cleared an area behind our new subdivision to build more homes but for now its just an open area. So now I can fly and visit my house - all in one trip!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170930_102018.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	2239931   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171003_091247.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2239932   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170930_103734.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	2239933  

Last edited by Aframomum; 10-03-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:42 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Nick,
It sounds like you had a great road trip with your friends. Do you recall the name of the city or town that you visited? I went to a town to visit a friend of mine there and it was just the craziest name you've ever heard of, it was called Flippin! Yes you heard me right Flippin............. it is located just south of Bull Shoal White River Park, and east of Bentonville which is a little above Fayetteville a more famous city. Stayed there for a week at my friends house and his beautiful country and myself being a hasty individual I darn near put a down payment on a house that was up a couple of acres from my friends just to have for a summer house. After being there a week in dealing with the bugs in the mosquitoes in the mice not to mention the long drive we came home without purchasing anything. You are absolutely right, the curvy roads and the scenery are spectaculur. Perhaps the next time if you get the opportunity to go back you can take your dad's truck for a few days with your motorcycle in the bed and once they are ride around!

Hello Mark, yes the little woman is in Spain having a great time. She has already been to Barcelona, Valencia, Seville is where she's at now and then departing for Madrid. We did have a scare while they were in Barcelona there is a faction of the people that are trying to break away from the Spanish government. When my Judy and her nephew are in the bus seeing the sights the protesters surrounded the bus and others laid down on the ground in front of the bus stopping it! One guy climbed up on the front of the bus in trying to break off the windshield wiper and it was a pretty wild group outside. The bus driver said you can all stay in the bus or you can get out and walk the rest of the way, I assume back to the hotel. At first everybody opted to stay inside and stick together and then later decided to go out and one large group so they could defend themselves if necessary. The protesters let them come through telling them you should be standing with us. Short of that the trip is been a wonderful, the food has been excellent along with the whines.
Thank you for taking the time to look at the Mavic. You are absolutely right and that the best part of the package is how small it compresses and folds up. There's no denying that the 4K camera does a super job to. The problem I have been faced with is that there is nowhere were I can go put my hands on one in real time. There are tons of deals online but they're all bundles and when you look at the pictures you really can't see clearly what you're getting in the package. And if you read it where it says, what's in the box it's very vague. So I'm looking for other avenues where I might be able to go and actually see one. I don't know if you had the opportunity to look at the GoPro Karma?
Does the GoPro Hero6 Camera Make the Karma a Perfect Filming Drone? - The Drive

Your new house looks like it's really coming along nicely. Your helicopter looks pretty doggone nice too! What a gift, going out to check on your new home as it progresses along and a place to fly, man you must be living right.

Take care.John
Old 10-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi JPEE,

I hope you are alright with all the fires I've been reading about in CA. Stay safe out there!

Mark
Old 10-10-2017, 06:47 AM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark, thanks for your post of inquiry. I'm the one it's always checking on you with the hurricanes and now it becomes my turn. We are 80 miles away from the fires so we are in no danger. As you will see by the terrain the fire would have to sweep through the city which isn't going to happen to reach me. It is horrific, as of this morning lives 11 have been lost and a score of homes.
I'm trying to show you to maps that show Disneyland which is threatened to be closed because of the smoke and then how far I am from both but cant get the pic's to stick?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	2240765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	2240766  

Last edited by JPEE; 10-10-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JPEE,

Thank you for the map of your area, I couldn't quite remember where you were in relation to the fires. Still devastating to watch. Are you getting any smoke your way (I have heard that is a secondary problem with all the fires)? I saw yesterday the forecast is still calling for no rain. I hope you guys get some relief soon.

That was a scary story about your wife in Spain and in the middle of a protest. I hope she is home and safe with you now.

Have you made any decisions concerning your mobile quad idea?

Our house is moving right along now. They painted both the outside and the inside this past week and finished putting in the tile floors. Next week they are going to do the brick paver driveway and the cabinets get installed. Cabinets are a major point as it marks just 6 weeks until the house is finished - pending no delays due to weather or such. I'll be taking a drive up there tomorrow morning to check on the progress and to also get some flying in!

I finished my maintenance on the Fusion 50 and only had to replace 3 main shaft bearings. All the other bearings were in good shape and the gears were also in good shape. So now I know everything is smooth, clean, and lubed and ready to go for another few years. Tomorrow I'll be taking her out to make sure everything is fine.

Mark
Old 10-14-2017, 09:38 AM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark,

We directly are not getting any smoke but.... we can see it as it travels up the coast from the area of Los Angeles Airport, Santa Monica and on up to Malibu which we have a coastal range between my house and the beach so we could at the time certainly see the smoke and it made for, regretfully said, beautiful red sunsets. Every time we watch the news and see the devastation there and in Northern California where complete developments are turned to ash it looks like Nagasaki or Hiroshima and I don't say that lightly. Clearly, our wishes and prayers are for anybody that lives in any of the fire areas............. Thank you for your thoughts and yes Judy got home safely last Sunday and had a wonderful time in Spain but they are having civil unrest................ So glad to hear your house is moving along and there are no delays and it's turning out just as you dreamed it would. You and your wife should be proud to have a new house at your young age. You guys will be so happy, congratulations................ Mobile Done idea............ I dropped the hammer yesterday and ordered the new DJI Mavic Pro with one extra battery and the Kantana hand-grip that the helicopter fits into to become a steady cam. I will include some pictures at the bottom of this mail. After weeks and weeks of research here's the bottom line I bought the DJI Mavic from DroneNerds in Florida, no sales tax which was pretty huge, free shipping, and a name and a face so to speak to on the telephone versus buying from DJI direct. Also they are the largest repair center for numerous drone companies as well as DJI in the United States and parts retailer. There is a great guy there named Jeff and he's easy to reach, kudos to drone nerds.................... For me it will be pretty much like my other quad and hexa just fly and have the fail safe return to home will be about the extent of what I'm going to use it for. All the setting up of pre-flight plans, areal fences, the follow me mode with me in the RZR as we drive up a Hill or in a Canyon I am not interested in. That technology still has issues as well as even with the avoidance system of hitting trees or mountains or what have you and guys have lost their drones....no thank you. As I said, I spent weeks and weeks of reading and doing my due diligence. Just the point that I'll be able to look at the controller and see where I'm flying and while looking at my phone or tablet screen is huge for me. Not interested flying off 2 or 3 miles. Anyway that's against federal law now, not to let the drone go out your eyesight. So that's my report when I get it I'll do some update posting.
Just click on the attachment for larger viewing.

My best to both you Mark and Nick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mark1.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2241204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark 2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	2241205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark3.JPG