E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi JPEE,

That Corsair looks really nice, and at least its a 2nd version so hopefully Dynam has taken care of some of the earlier issues. Be careful with the Dynam brand - my old Spitfire was a Dynam plane and the quality is nothing like we are used to with Freewing and FMS. But it does look like they did some nice changes in their V2 of the Corsair so they may have improved in the past few years.

I did pull the Stinger from the cobwebs of the closet - and I had to replace the tail/rudder section so used the tail from my red one (yes, I had 2 airframes lol). The red airframe had been stored in the attic for the good part of last year and I was surprised the heat up there didn't tear up the foam or the paint. But no, the rudder section fit perfectly and the plane flies with no worries that the rudder section will break off. Of course it looks a bit odd with the all blue plane and the red rudder section. I'm planning to teach my son how to launch it so he can get more involved.

Wanted to share some pictures of my Stinger (before the red tail) and where I'm planning the work bench in the garage.

Keeping it warm down in Florida in January!

Mark
Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark, I just lost a full page of text and photos replying to your post. Too tired to redo it tonight I’ll try and repost tomorrow.

JP. Ticked off
Old 01-19-2019, 07:31 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Nick in a couple of hours it will be your Birthday! Let me be the first as I try to be every year to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Drop by and say hello we miss you.
JP
Old 01-20-2019, 01:57 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark,

I see you have a nice place picked for your new work bench and area. I like that is behind where most will walk by it, for just safety reasons, sharp edges and so on. Hey brother, your plane looks great and (the important part) fly's well for you! With all of that glue and depressed nose it is amazing (Phil and I were today just talking about this point) that Styrofoam is so forgiving and the planes still fly great even after the worst crashes. That's wonderful that you can get your son involved and he can be an Aviator like his Daddy!

Re the Corsair, that photo was just an example. The one I looked at is sold by Motion RC:
https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...corsair-v2-pnp
or
https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...-v3-1400mm-pnp But this is now discontinued. :-(

I am really strongly considering a Roban 800 size Scale Bell 222 Airwolf, please see the attached. The copter is sold ARF so I still would need the electronic. I see about $2,500 to get it up in the air. Please see link:
https://www.motionrc.com/products/ro...helicopter-arf

Now lets talk about my P-51D. I finished it today and she is ready to test fly perhaps tomorrow. It have been a labor I am here to tell you. The fuse was broken in half 90%, replaced, nose cone (not shown), props, rudder servo, one main landing gear retract, tail wheel retract, both of the main retracts the landing gear itself was good but the pin that connect the landing gear to the retracts were both bent and replaced. I just did a taxi up and down in front of my trailer and all seem well and I'll send that in an email, I don't want to post it here, to much work with YT and so on. I compressed it so it will fit an email.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Happy Belated Birthday Nick,

Hope all is going well with the job and the house. Stop by when you get a chance,

Mark
Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey JPEE,

When I first saw your video of your P-51 taxiing I thought it looked really good for such an older plane and you must be doing a good job cleaning it up - heck, my old Zero has some serious wear and tear. Then I read your post about all the parts you recently replaced on it. I can't remember when you had a crash that caused the nose to be broken? Glad you got it all put back together and flying again!

That Airwolf is absolutely...Amazing! And you'll be moving up to the 800 class of heli's. The level of detail on it is spectacular, esp the cockpit area. Will you keep your 700 if you get the Airwolf?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:48 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry for the short reply yesterday, it started to get busy at work so I had to cut it short.

Please let us know if and when you get your Airwolf - it is a very nice looking heli for sure!

I saw a build thread on RCG a few years ago of an FMS Corsair and the thing had foldable wings, just like the real thing. It was quite an amazing looking bird and if I'm not mistaken, the only one I've seen with that feature. Even the current FMS one's don't have the folding wings. I think it was in the range of 1700mm or something like that, very large to have that kind of detail.

Regardless, I think a large Corsair will be a very nice addition to your fleet. Plus you have 2 very nice flying areas with plenty of space - I think one has much more than the other even though its out of state! Would the Corsair use the same lipo's as your 700 does ~ 6S 4500? BTW, when do you plan to get into jets? I see you possibly heading in that direction. lol

BTW, you have a real nice working area with the grill in the ideal spot for working/cooking! Have fun with the flying and RZR'ing... lol

Mark
Old 02-02-2019, 06:47 AM
evdreamer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

John,

Happy birthday. Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of months. There has been a lot going on. I will try to go through all the posts I missed when I have time.

Nick
Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 AM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you Nick,

The big 71, thought Iíd never see this day what a surprise I live to make it LOL. I should be dead or at least in jail for all the things Iíve done over my lifetime LOL. But seriously thank you for your kind wishes and we do miss you and please thereís always email catch up and let us know whatís going on in your life, after all you are one of the three musketeers left here on this form. The big 71, but I never see this day what a surprise I live to make it LOL. I should be dead or at least in jail for all the things Iíve done over my lifetime LOL. But seriously thank you for your kind wishes and we do miss you and please thereís always email catch up and let us know whatís going on in your life, after all you are one of the three musketeers left here on this Forum.

John

Last edited by JPEE; 02-02-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey JPEE,

Hope you had a great 71'st Birthday!! Not too shabby and living the great retirement life!

Mark

PS - I think I'm seeing double. lol