Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 11-27-2019, 01:09 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

•  
    • PS: I am in the middle!
    • Mark,
    • Sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving!
  •  
    • In your line of work unfortunately you’re stuck like a policeman fireman doctor nurse when it comes to holidays.
    • All I can say is wow we wow we did you ever get in good with the battle bot crowd, a whole bunch of geniuses and great /engineers & mechanics. That your wife loves it too that’s exciting, that’s the icing on the cake brother! I would’ve liked to of seen a 250 pound buggy raising cane! You know those big spinners that do destruction, if you look at back in history they had those on the chariots and the days of the Romans to pull up close next to your opponent in carve off or out his spokes.
    • I am so tickled for Mr. G to go out and have his first taxi and because he so young and bright clearly he’s going to pick it up very very fast. What a wonderful future you have with your son and trains and RC and that you’re doing it all together.
    • I am going to send you via email a photo of myself and my two best buddies. One has since passed and the other I am still very close to. We were down by the railroad tracks one day where we used to deliver the green sheet newspaper out of my side door van. We are ages about 16-17. The trains would slow down in that area where we were folding papers one day. We thought.... we need to go on a train ride! The long and short of it is, the next day we came with heavy clothes, money in our pockets and I carried a backpack with a couple cans of beans and a few other essentials just in case. We were gone three days riding up California and coming back. When the train stopped in one little whistle stop town in northern California we got off and the caboose conductor saw us who was to have kicked us off and call the police, they wanna know when vagrants get off trains or cities. We rode in box cars, on the roof of box cars hide under the walkways so it wouldn’t roll off the train and be killed in an open gondolas under loads of coal or pipe or whatever we could do to get out of the cold. Once we show him ID and told him we were just on an adventure he told us where to run alongside the train and jump on so we didn’t wind up going under the wheels and then he even took our pictures. It was so freezing cold when he found us he let us come in the caboose and warm up with his potbellied stove. I know this is a story like you might see in a movie but I lived it. So you and Mr. G have a wonderful time on the train and that’s just so great you can break away and do that together.
    • OK this is your last warning! I need pictures I need photographs I need to see video I need to see what’s going on on your layout LOL.
  •  
    • Again our family wishes your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Last edited by JPEE; 11-27-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:29 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mark, I just discharged #17 Lipo batteries all at once for long-term storage! I did do some jury rigging but it all worked fine running off my solar!

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 11-27-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:06 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi JPEE,

Talk about a story you only think happens in the movies! To go railroading for several days with your best buds - definitely a once in a lifetime experience. And you guys had a great picture to solidify that moment in time. You guys sure looked like a group of rough-necks then!

I have to say I totally enjoy spending several days and running all around so I can storage charge my little lot of 8 lipo's - its something I live for all year long...lol. I have to laugh at your setup - looks like a scene from Back to the Future - are you planning time travel?! I'm one of those that does one at a time so I do a bit of running around and it does take me a better part of the day just to do 3 or 4 large 6S packs. But alas, I only have 2 single output chargers so I have limitations, unlike Mr. Cali-Unlimited-Superstorage-Charging Roughneck Extraordinaire!

Backtracking to last week - our Friday Thanksgiving was nice. I had one of my co-workers over (also had to work T-Day) and all had a good time and good food.

Then it was back to work for the weekend, so I have to admit I'm a bit happy the Turkey holiday is over as I can get back to a normal schedule. It was a bit hectic for a few days.

I also had the chance to finish working on my son's first science project that he got to bring to school on Monday. We decided to do a magnetic car project and it worked really well. We get to see it displayed at the school later this week.

And we got started on the Christmas decorations. I pulled most of the outside stuff from their storage area's in the garage and got most of it setup tonight. Still need to work on the lights for the house. We also got our tree (live from Lowe's) and have that setup and will finish the decorations tomorrow. Several years ago I started swapping out all of our incandescent light strings for LED one's. I just like the brightness the LED's have.

I have been able to get a little work sneaked in on the train set but not a whole bunch this past week. Now with all the other work out of the way I hope to redirect some time to get that 'back on track', so to speak. I did get your email...that is a neat little project I will have to look into later on. Maybe when the next battle bots season starts up next year?

That's about it from not so warm and sunny Florida! lol

Mark
Old 12-06-2019, 01:37 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 12-06-2019, 02:47 PM
JPEE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mark, they don't call me "Rough Neck" for nothing ya know! Well sometimes....... my best friends do call me Rough Neck Extraordinaire! That does have a ring to it :-)

At some point with the free time you earned in 50 years like me, and old age like me thrown in, you'll be doing the same :-) I still have my older Twin Hyperion charger sitting in a drawer too.
Seriously, other than the $10.00 for the tool box and the USB port was like $3 I had everything else on hand for the build. I'll bet I never use it lol. But to have had the components just lying around didn't seem practical either. If I have a charger failure with my suite case charger when I am out of town, a back-up system will keep me flying!

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and inviting a workmate for dinner, that's just what Thanksgiving is all about! Without friends and family what heck are we doing here?

I hope the Mr. G's science project came out and showed well at the Open House at school.

I remember with great memories having a tree and decorating with my children and then my grand children. Now that it's just us we didn't do a tree this year. We will be with everyone on Christmas at my daughters and that's the best part for us. We did decorate the exterior of our house so that look nice. As you said LEDs are the boss, low amp draw and they last for ever!

Glad you received the email, it was just a thought I wanted to pass on.

Well time to go and it has started raining here AGAIN SHEEEESH. My wife said a day or two ago, ask Mark if he will see the Space X launch? Then we saw it was cancelled. :-(

JPEE