Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

Yep, the heat is here as well...94 today. Some serious Yuk Foo for sure! Although we did have a nice cooling off this past weekend with rain showers and temps in the low 80's. Truely beautiful flying weather.

Speaking of...I didn't get to finish my plane in time to get her in the air by Sunday (I didn't want to rush it) so I took out the Zero instead. Then absent-mindedly forgot the canopy. So I flew without it and flew very cautiously as the lipo only had a strip of velcro holding it in and we all know the result of that sucker sliding out on an inverted run or steep climb. Some serious granny flying but it was relaxing. I also had to mind where the sun was as the sky was cloudless that morning - yes your misfortune was on my mind as my plane went in front of the sun a few times.

I did get to finish my wing and have to say the covering turned out really good. I did discover that with a bit of added heat the covering tightened up and smoothed up the wrinkles so I went over all the wrinkled spots. Now the spaces between the ribs are as tight as a drum and not floppy flappy as they were. We do learn as we go, and I do wish I had the building skills as some of the previous generation guys, but I came into this hobby in the ARF world so my build skills are very limited. Any damage repairs I have had to make have been less than desirable. Some of the guys from the BofB thread are true builders with the skills from that time (metalbender is one that comes to mind with that amazing biplane he had).

You know when I was looking for a rx for this plane I actually considered a HK yellow one - for a bit, but decided against it considering that I would never be truely comfortable. As you said, a $10 foamy maybe...but not a few hundred dollar airframe/engine/servo's worth. All I have left is to setup the throws on the servo's and balance her. Looking to Friday morning for the flight.

I wish you well in your trip to AZ, at least your going to get your toy hauler to sell off so that should help. I saw a RV similar to yours just this evening on the way to work. It was very nice and huge compared to my little Saturn. I was guessing a retired couple returning from vacation somewhere - ah the life is well deserved!

Take care,

Mark
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
evdreamer

I am finally done with my semester! So far I had straight A's. I am waiting for my last grade to be posted.

I have wanted to put my check book into my investment program I created for a long time and now I finally have time to work on that. I have been using excel for my check book for a few years and I downloaded this year's transactions into my database. I can now view the transactions for checking, savings, and credit card accounts. I can filter the transactions by account and date. Then I wrote some code to create an Income sheet to go through all my accounts and see where my money is coming from and going to. I also want to write some code to create a Balance sheet to see how my Net worth is doing that can be updated daily with the change in my investments. That will take a few days to finish.

It got up to 100 a couple of days ago here.

Mark,

That was a cool video of the airshow.

John,

Sorry about your plane crash.

Nick
Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 AM
JPEE

Nick,
That is so wonderful to hear. Straight A's plus working, what an accomplishment! I'll bet your family is so proud of you too. Nick, it sounds like you have become very proficient in your code writing to create the programs you have, another "well done".
We are leaving for AZ tomorrow to finally tow home the Toy Box trailer and button down the newer used trailer we bought for summer storage. It's 100-106 all next week Summer storage requires a lot of prep to leave the rig sitting in 100 up to....115 daily for three to four months of summer there as you can imagine. One thing need we do is to put water inside the trailer so the everything doesn't get hot, dry and brittle, and for the cabinets wood work not to split! So we take 5 gallon paint type buckets and I drill a 3" hole in the lid to regulate evaporation. That water evaporation helps keep the inside humidity up and it really works well. We are leaving 20 gallons inside.

Congratulations once again........... I am proud of you!

Mark, I am glad your wings came out the way you wanted them too. Yes I know "metalbenderusn" or "Vic" very well. Everyone left BB and came back here to WHEEEEEEE CP and you can find him there under "crashcrash" as he left the moniker metalbenderusn there. And yes his Bi-Plane is pretty neat for sure.

Take care all........John
Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is a very creative way to protect your trailer.

There were some severe storms here last night. There was strong winds and rain in my area. Then there was a lot of tornado damage to the west of me. I think there were at least two tornadoes, but I don't know if there were any more sightings.

Nick
Old 05-12-2014, 05:29 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I wished I could take credit for those ideas I shared with you on how to store a vehicle for the summer but I can't, I'm the student who listens to the old timers that have been here for years and years!

Boy oh boy those tornadoes sound like they came a bit close for comfort! Your TV must have been beeping all night long with the weather alerts and banners saying "tornadoes" then, the sirens on top of that! Wheeeew......

I know you're born and bred to all of that but it all sounds pretty scary to me, the guy who lives in Earth quake central LOL. You take care, I don't want anything to happen to my straight "A" student!

Take care, John

Last edited by JPEE; 05-12-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

You two are killing me with the tornado and earthquake talks - sure you don't want to move to the east coast? All we have to worry about are hurricanes and they give us about a weeks notice.

Nick,

glad you dodged the tornado's...and a major congrats to finishing up the semester. I'm sure your last grade will keep your A status. Now you can relax for the summer!

I like your financial monitoring methods...not many people at your age have the dedication that you show in keeping track of one's money - a great thing to have at such an early start. Plus you have a good knowledge from your degree in writing computer code to create programs to help track such things. My gosh definitely put that on your resume!

Sorry about the triple digit temps.

JPEE,

I didn't realize you were leaving your RV in AZ, but it makes sense. I would have never thought of keeping gallons of water because of drying out conditions inside the trailer - something you don't think of in Florida. But in the desert I can see the need. Good thing your not the one pioneering that avenue with trial and error - better to follow already tried and true methods. Trial and error can be costly you know.

We had a break in the weather here today and so I got to remaiden my resurrected Twist. I skipped the video as I wanted to concentrate on flying, glad I did b/c after 5 minutes the engine cut out and I had to dead stick her in. Guess I got an air leak in the fuel tank somewhere. Strange dealing with all the nitro stuff again, so much more to pack up - almost forgot the glow starter this morning.

But the flight did go very nicely. I tried to do a slow take off but in no time she was airborne. My CG was very far back so that is something else I need to adjust but even with that the plane was easy to handle. I didn't do any rolls or anything, just some basic laps to 'feel' out the handling. The landing was beautiful too, and no power either. All in all I was very happy with how it turned out.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0402.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	1995123   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0405.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	1995124   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0406.JPG
Views:	26
ID:	1995126   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0407.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	1995127   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0403.JPG
Views:	28
ID:	1995128   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0404.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	1995129  
Old 05-14-2014, 04:38 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Your pic's are wonderful, she is a beeeeutiful ship no doubt about it! I think you did the right thing in not messing around with videos on the maiden, you would just be adding more stress to yourself. Wow a dead stick right out of the gates, wow......... You are the man and you dealt with it and everything worked out as it should. Sorry about the mess but that is the nature of the beast isn't it. All in all well done son.....

Things are starting to get hot here in AZ. We have accomplished tons of of work over the last three days but there more to do. Tomorrow we are moving over our bed. Then the last day here we can close her up and put on the cover and we should be done. Then we tow home the Toy Box without being all beat up exhausted.

Take care
Old 05-15-2014, 07:56 AM
evdreamer

John,

Yeah, the weather people came on a lot during the storm. I am glad I didn't have to work during the storm. I heard it was chaotic at work during the storm.

Mark,

I did end up getting an A in my probabilities class. My professor said that is one of the hardest classes in the engineering program. The math is easy, but it is hard to understand conceptually. Hopefully the rest of my classes won't be too hard. I signed up for two electronic communication classes, a power systems class, and a writing class for next semester. I get Tuesdays and Thursdays off. That will be nice to catch up on sleep and homework. It is nice being on summer break. My stress is gone and I have been catching up on sleep.

I had a really good professor in a personal finance class at college. Without taking that class I probably wouldn't be investing now and probably raking up a lot of debt. Over the years my personal finances have become less boring and more fun.

That is great you got your Nitro flying again.

Nick
Old 05-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Good job on the probabilities class - I know it was a difficult A to get, so enjoy the satisfaction as you've earned it. Next semester sounds nice with a break Tues and Thursdays, as you said good time to catch up on some needed sleep. Enjoy your summer!

JPEE,

Are you back yet in cozy CA? If not then I'm sure you are very close to finishing up the end of year storage in AZ.

The weather has been slowly creeping back up so flying has been limited. I did get a chance to take out my Twist last Saturday and had a nice full 14 minute flight. My maiden I had the mixture too rich and that is why it deadsticked. But this time I got things leaned out and she flew like a dream.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Mark
Old 05-22-2014, 05:27 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool you are enjoying the Twist. Do your electrics fly that long? I could fly for 15min with my super cub if I got it high enough and turned it into a glider.

Nick
Old 05-22-2014, 11:42 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

Of the electrics my Stryker (flying wing) can get close to 12 minutes if as you said take it high and then just glide it around for most of the flight. My Zero really doesn't like to glide so 6 minutes is all...my 2 jets get 3.30 and I better be coming in for a landing otherwise their falling from the sky.

With my Twist I can get full throttle power the entire 14 minutes so no gliding here.

I don't know what kind of rx pack you had on your Velocity but I have a NiMH pack and its usual to trickle charge them for 10-14 hrs. I feel like I'm going against everything you learn with Lipo's with leaving it charging unattended for that period of time. Plus since the battery is above the fuel tank up front and not easy to remove it stays in the aircraft while charging via a charge jack - yikes!

Have you got caught up on your lost sleep yet?

Mark
Old 05-23-2014, 12:18 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I had a 2S 5000mAh RX battery in my Velocity. I could fly through a gallon with that RX battery and still have plenty of juice left. However, my flight times were in the 5-6min range.

I have to work the 3rd shift this weekend, so my sleep schedule is going to be messed up. I have been up working on my investment program to try and adjust to the time. I have added an edit and delete feature to edit transaction entries in my database. It is much more user friendly than having to type the commands out each time I make a mistake. Then I have been adding code to prevent human error crashing the program. I am going to add edit and delete buttons to the checkbook side this weekend. One of my co-workers wants to work the 3rd shift the rest of the summer, so hopefully I can work the morning shifts the rest of the summer.

Nick
Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

I guess a 5000mah lipo would last pretty much all day.

So how was your weekend of working 3rds? Did you get holiday pay for Memorial Day? I also had to work but we are planning to do Disney next weekend so not a total loss.

That would be good for you if your co-worker took that 3rd shift position, no more surprise off shifts scheduled.

Speaking of surprises, my cars idler pulley went out on me as I was coming home from work yesterday morning. First indication was loss of powersteering then battery power lite. Luckily I was close enough to home but as I pulled up the temp gauge was very high.

So after getting a few hours sleep I got started on replacing it. Finished at 8 last night and made it to work by 10, so I'm happy that is over and done with but I am dragging now. Only 3 more hours to go...

Mark
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 AM
JPEE

Hello Boy's,

Sorry to read that you car lost it's idler pulley Mark. So cool that you could replace it yourself. We stayed home and grilled hot dogs and just chilled for the long weekend. I am sure you all read about the shootings here up in Santa Barbara, about 90 miles from us. What a horrific act to have occurred! But on the upside I hope you both for the most part had a great hoilday.

JPEE
Old 05-27-2014, 07:49 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Nothing went on at work over the weekend, so on Saturday I wrote computer code for about 5 hours and I was pretty bored on Sunday. I got the holiday off which is rare. I went to go see Xmen with my dad, which was cool. It sounds like you will have a good time at Disney.

That is good you were able to drive safely home and fix your car.

I was trying to find something to do yesterday, so I went through my dad's spare cables and wallwarts. I found a 12V 1A wallwart. That was enough to power my amp. I took a connector off one of my old PCBs, so I wouldn't have to cut the connector off the power supply cable. Then I used alligator clips to connect the wallwart to my amp power supply. Normally I power my amp with a 12V 7Ah lead acid battery. It would last about 2 days before having to be recharged which was annoying. Now I don't have to worry about charging!

John,

It sounds like you had a good weekend.

Yeah, I read about the shootings. I hope that never happens at my school.

Nick
Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

What a great weekend...grilling and enjoying time with the family.

Yes, I heard about the latest shooting. Seems more and more happening then I remember years ago. Sad over a persons rejection...

Nick,

Kinda neat you using a Wallyworld charger to power your amp.

Disney will be more for my son...I'm just looking forward to a 3-day weekend.

On an upside, I got my old mcpx back flying again and it made me miss flying my heli's. I guess the past 6 mos or so I have been doing so much with my planes and jets that I totally got away from heli's.

Well, no more. I picked up a used Trex 500 from the HF classifieds and it'll be coming in Friday. The new field that I found for my Twist is also perfect for the 500. And I have to admit that my old 500 EFL was my best flying and well built heli I have had to date. It'll be nice to have one again.

Other than that I have been keeping busy with some odd projects around the house. Got a chainsaw as an early Father's Day gift so I was able to cut up and remove a stubborn stump near the house as well as trimming some lower branches on a few trees in the back yard. Suffice to say daddy's having some fun with it.

Mark
Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

The power supply wasn't from Wallmart. At school we call a power supply a wallwart if it has a transformer and connects to the wall outlet. They are big and not pleasing to look at. I don't know if people in other parts of the country call them that.

That is cool you are flying your mcpx and soon to be 500.

Were you like Tim Allen in Home Improvement when you got the chainsaw?

There were some big storms yesterday, so it has been hot and humid here.

Nick
Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

Yeah I felt like Tim Allen with my chainsaw and its ability to cut through just about anything. And like Tim Allen I goofed and cut part of the water sprinkler PVC pipe that was located beneath the stump, duh! So after removing the stump I had to get a section of repair pipe after cutting out the damaged part. Think I'll stick with the tree branches from now on as there far enough from the house not to fall on it.

I hear you on the heat and humidity - we hit Epcot yesterday since that was our last day for the summer at Disney (our season passes are blacked out June 7 - Aug 21) and it was warm. Plenty of sunblock to be sure. But we did have a good time and got Fastpasses on-line so didn't have to wait too long for any rides.

I don't really know what powersupply you are describing but sounds like it works for your application. I really thought you were talking about a wallyworld plug-in charger.

My 500 came in this past week and I have been going over it. Its in decent condition, just needs some bearing replacements in the head and tail. I was most surprised at the condition of the canopy, not a scratch - looks brand new. I got a used CC Ice 75 for it over the stock Align ESC since I enjoyed the logging feature that Castle has. Picked up a 500MX motor and still need to get the servo's and FBL controller. Don't know if I want to stay with beastx (ar7200x) or try something else. Time will tell.

Mark
Old 06-10-2014, 01:14 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool you are enjoying your chainsaw.

That is good Disney land was fun even with the heat.

I just found out my dad's truck was vandalized at his work. Someone came by and cut off the catalytic converter. He is waiting for the cops to show up now.

Nick
Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I am really sorry to hear about your Dad's truck. That happened in our neighborhood about two years ago, another reason my vehicles are garaged. The rage here now is they come buy and look at your sprinklers, are they plastic or brass. They unscrewed 30 brass heads from the next door neighbors house about two months ago for the metal. They stole a brass cast small dear fawn from in front of the house across the street too. Nothing is safe in this society.

Hello Mark,

I sincerely hope you enjoy your 500. I have said this before and I'll say it again.................. a 500 is the best pound for pound all around copter I have ever owned. Oh yes I have had 400's, 450, 600s and my 700 but I have always kept a 500 on hand, you enjoy that puppy! Disney.......... I read the other day that their ticket's, season passes were climbing through the ROOF in price. My kids get the Universal Movie Studio season pass's and they use the beans out of them too! Anyway, I am glad you your family had a great time out in the fresh air.
We have been so busy since coming home from AZ and dividing up what came out of the trailer and cleaning those things up and repacking them for next season, this November that have had no time for anything else. Now the garage as of this past weekend is clean and the cars fit back inside. Today we took the grandsons 9-12 to the Ronald Reagan Library to the see the normal exhibits but mostly were the for the Baseball Exhibition. This guy that put his stuff on exhibit filled 5 rooms and big ones. I was told that this was only 1/3 of what he has. He must be richer than Howard Hughes! Really the doesn't told me that the owner has collected this all to keep it from being lost and that he considers himself the "protector" of these treasures. He wants them shared with the world and not to ever have them tucked away in a vault. Quite the man hey?

Smiles Guys
Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM
evdreamer

John,

It sounds like you had a good time with your grandson's.

The past couple of days I have been adding all my check book statements and credit card statements since I got my first paycheck into my computer program. It adds up all my expenses for hobbies and other normal items someone would spend on. I knew my heli transactions would be high, but I couldn't believe how much I spent on them. It was kind of interesting to see how small my paychecks were at my first retail job. There is no way I could afford college at that job.

Nick
Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick, glad to see the financial sheets are working well for you. That has to feel great for you! SORRY to read they got to your dads truck and I hope the insurance will cover that for him. No flying, but yesterday a friend helped me get my Gimble GOPRO to work on another switch on my transmitter than where I had it. He know our radios better than I and now I can slide a switch and slowly it will take the camera on the copter from horizontal to straight down and anywhere in between smoothly...yippee.

Today I brought my 13 year old grandson over to help me and we got half of my RZR's EZ Power Steering installed. The removal of the standard steering was not tough at all as was not the new install until I hit a snag. I have an aftermarket parking break I put on a year ago and it was where the new PS had to go. So there had to be some drill and bending of stuff to make these two units work in "almost" the same space. I love to test myself like this, while it was work there was fun too.

Smiles John
Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM
evdreamer

John,

My dad just has liability insurance on his truck, so the new exhaust is coming out of his pocket.

That is good to hear your gopro gimble is more user friendly with the new switch.

That is cool you were able to work on your RZR with your grandson. I bet that was fun for him.

Nebraska had some more severe tornadoes yesterday. Luckily it wasn't near me.

Nick
Old 06-17-2014, 12:22 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Sorry to hear the bad news about your dad's truck and not having the comprehensive coverage to cover the costs for the stolen converter.

Yes my wife and I were watching the News and weather and saw the twin twisters, but we did not hear whether it was near your community. I am very glad to hear it was not.
Yes it was nice to have the grandson help me. He does not have a present father so I am the only male role model he has. I am trying to teach him how to use tools and to be a bit mechanical. We had fun and quite honestly I couldn't of done the work I did accomplish on that day without him. I needed somebody strong and young to lift up the power steering motor underneath the dashboard holder why ran the bolts to hold it in place.

Take care

Last edited by JPEE; 06-17-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:43 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your dad's truck. Any surveillance at his job? Might want to consider getting a car alarm if they can detect someone messing with the underside of the vehicle...just in case in the future.

Hope everyone is going to have a nice 4th of July. Both my wife and I have to work so really no plans as of yet but we may shoot off some fireworks early in the evening on Friday before I have to head in.

Its been a very hot and long summer so far...I haven't been out flying anything for weeks - really no desire to fly or even build for the time being. Looking forward to a cool down sometime...

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.