Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:02 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to not post earlier as I was a bit on a soap box about the whole Thanksgiving Day shopping thing that seems to become the norm now. Guess since I am used to working Thanksgiving Day it was a big deal to drive home and see all the people waiting in lines for the 'Black Friday' sales, and kind of nice to be one of the few cars on the road. That was just a short 4 years ago.

But this year it seems 'Black Friday' may be a thing of the past as most places are opening on Thanksgiving Day at 6pm or just staying open all day. Rather sad to watch it unfold...

Okay, I've said my piece.

Mark
Old 11-26-2015, 04:59 PM
evdreamer

Happy thanksgiving. This is hopefully my last holiday I will have to work. My last day at my 2nd job is on Dec 13th. There might be a job opening next year where I am interning, so they are seeing if they have the funds to hire me as a contractor until then. That is exciting since there aren't many jobs in my field locally.

I am glad the weather wasn't as bad as predicted today. The streets were supposed to be iced over, but it was just warm enough to keep it a liquid. My windows and door were covered in ice when I got off work.

John,

That is a cool sunset.

Looking at the picture I assumed that T-28 was a gasser. I was surprised to hear it was electric. I love the sound of large electric planes. That must take some massive batteries.

That was a cool hanger.

Mark,

My senior design team found a few issues. In the video everything was powered off USB. We tried using a power supply off 120V, but my DSP was very sensitive to the Voltage drop from the wires to my board and there is a lot of noise on the amp one of my partners got. I designed another board that has the same DSP circuits, but I put a regulator right next to my DSP and put the amps on the same board. I am going to use that as a backup if the original plan doesn't work. I had to pay a pretty penny to get that rush ordered. We demonstrate our project on Dec 4th.

I am kind of enjoying thanksgiving break. I am going to try and get motivated to do some homework and I have to work this weekend and Friday. Only three more weeks and I won't have to stay up late working on homework or stressing over exams.

Nick
Old 12-04-2015, 09:01 PM
evdreamer

My group presented the senior design project to professors and lower class man today. Everyone seemed to enjoy playing with the DJ mixer. Most projects that I have seen aren't interactive, so that was a pleasant surprise. Everyone in my group is glad that is over with. I just have one week left of classes and one final the following week!
Old 12-09-2015, 08:24 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick, it must be very gratifying knowing that others really enjoyed the interaction of your joint venture senior project. When you say you have one more final and another week does that mean that you're ready to graduate or are you speaking to a break for the holidays?

Hello Mark, I've been a bit remiss in replying but also I never got a couple of the notifications that you guys were posting so here goes. I understand your premise about Black Friday. You of all people who works rotating shifts knows how hard that is on the individual and the families and having to go in and work and smile on Christmas and New Year's and your birthday and plus everything else that are your work duties. Yes stores are very greedy and it's a shame that the almighty dollar means more than the staff. One of my daughters works for Costco and she has to go in at 5 AM on the morning of the 26th the day after Christmas. Even on Thanksgiving day, she being a high-level manager she had to go in the store and check all of their freezers and refrigerators and do a security walk if you will.............. on all of the equipment before she could celebrate her Thanksgiving even though the store was closed. It did not take that long but it's just the point that there's a tether on her for that day that she can't leave or go away like others can, they go in by twos for safety.

I got so tired of getting RC ads for Black Friday that I was deleting them without even opening them because I really don't need anything, or so I thought. I went out to fly the 500 only to find out that those batteries are dated four years plus old and are very weak even at full charge the amperage is not what it used to be so if I try and pulled a hard move I hear the head speed really drop to an unsafe level. So I think it was a few days later that I found on a Monday I could still get batteries with a 20% discount coupon at RC buddy, the Glaciers. I bought four 5300s which is two trays for the 700 to compensate, again for those batteries that are also dated November 2011. They still fly pretty darn well and I can get a hard five minutes out of them but they're dying. On my third tray one of the batteries developed a short so I had to pitch one battery so I have one loose 5300 battery from that tray just sitting there doing nothing that I can't use on anything else :-((. So I made the plunge and dropped the dollars and got 6 new batteries total for both copters . Now to my embarrassment.... I was landing the 700 and came down a wee bit hard out in the desert and the vertical tailfin dug into the dirt and let the blades hit!!! and that was the end of my carbon fiber tail blades. Disappointed, I'm thinking no problem I'll open my 700 drawer and pull another pair out and low and behold I don't have any. I brought new mains with me but I thought I had tails as well, nope! They were still carrying over the black Friday at AMAIN with a few dollars off each pair so I bought two sets. Further, on the 700 I went to take off about three days ago I had just about reached head speed the governor kicked and when I went to lift off and there was a big pop and the whole copter shuttered and shook and I hit throttle hold and saved it. Three of us looked the copter over and could find nothing wrong with it! Not a broken gear, not a tooth missing anywhere anything, then one guy noticed the lower main drive gear split where the screw goes through it into the main shaft. I looked at my 500 and it has the same crack in it from the bottom up to that little screw hole you know an eighth of an inch or so and it still flies like a banshee. Finding I did not have that gear for the 700 on hand either I called my buddy Jason back home he dropped one in a bag and shipped it out to me pronto, having a good RC buddies is the best. I'll buy more stuff when I go home for a 5 day Christmas visit. Anyway, once that gets here I'm going to not go to the dirt airfield but there is a public park I can go to here in AZ early in the morning when nobody's around and I'll be on grass and try to lift it up and see if anything else rear's its ugly head!

Wish you guys both a very Merry Christmas..... I know it's a bit early but.... enjoy your families and Nick you take a break from school and Mark I hope you get some good days off during the holidays to be with your family too.

We have been riding the desert trails and having a ball. And here is a pic of my firends new Carbon T-28. I am 6' tall and as you can see the plane is a foot taller than I. She flies so easy BUT a few of the guys here bought them $565.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they have to be torn down to fit in a truck for transportation! :-( That makes wire connection for flaps, Ail and two sets of lock in braces under the wing to the fuse with 4 screws total. It is just a PIA.

By the way I talked to Glenn over Thanksgiving and he's doing well and said hello.

JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5104.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	890.8 KB
ID:	2135004   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050166.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	4.84 MB
ID:	2135005   Click image for larger version

Name:	12316259_1499958910334657_4406930293311048305_n.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2135006   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-28.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	2135007  

Last edited by JPEE; 12-09-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: add phto
Old 12-14-2015, 04:13 PM
evdreamer

John,

I just finished my last final. Now I have to wait to see if I passed all my classes. I am going to a honors ceremony on Friday and have my graduation on Saturday.

It looks like you are having a great time in the desert.

That is good to hear Glenn is doing well.

Nick
Old 12-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Aframomum

Hello gentlemen,

It looks like the time has come for the government to step in and start monitoring us - as we are all now required starting December 21 to register as pilots with the FAA. $5 registration fee for the next 3 years, after that unknown.

Just wanted to post this newest development and will post later tonight about whats going on with you guys.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Aframomum

First things first - Nick, Congrats on your graduation!!!! Been a long road but your finally done, whew. Enjoy your weekend of ceremonies and celebrations!

JPEE,

Glad that you had the chance to talk with Glenn and that he is doing fine. Hope he knows he is always welcomed back here...

Your heli stories were something - needing new batts, tail blades, and cracked auto gears on both birds. That's gotta be a first for sure. At least you have the resources to get new parts.

Those big birds are something. For some reason I thought they were the same size as the 1700mm birds that Motion sells but see they are 11mm wingspan longer so yes, I can imagine they need to be disassembled to transport. But what about one of those travel trailers you see at IRCHA, would they fit in one of those? Of course having to buy a trailer just to haul a plane is a bit extreme!

I also have to take the wing off my Zero and Spitfire when I get home from flying as I don't have any room to store it assembled at home. So I can feel the PIA thing with having to put it together each time to fly it - 6 wing screws, aerilon, flap, and wing light wires. Yep, just part of the process for me.

Just curious but does everyone go back home during the holidays or do some stay?

Thank you for the Merry Christmas but we still have a week to go! And I still have some presents to wrap this weekend.

I have started to get out flying now that the weather has cooled down here. Usually getting my flights in on the weekends with my son while my wife is at work.

Its been nice to get reacquainted with my Fusion 50. We have been having some good winds with the fronts that move in and I have been having some fun doing big air flying with this heli. However I keep in the front of my mind parts are no longer existent for this heli and so don't go beyond my comfort level...nor very low to the ground.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Mark
Old 12-19-2015, 12:00 PM
evdreamer

I finally graduated!!! It has been a long 7 years and I have no debt. I missed a lot of the college experience, but I am glad I won't have to stress about paying student loans. The company that I have been interning at hired me on Thursday. I will still be considered an intern until January 11th. I really lucked out with them. I don't think I could have found a better place to work at. They took the whole company to go see Star Wars on Friday. That was pretty cool.

Mark,

That is cool you are flying the Fusion 50 again. I am thinking about rejoining my club now that I have time to fly again.

I got an email from one of my club members and the AMA is still working for AMA members to waive the government fee.

Nick
Old 12-22-2015, 09:16 PM
Aframomum

Nick - a well deserved congrats is in order. Lets now take a moment to reflect on all the nights studying, writing papers, soldering boards - ah, you get the idea! A major step for you is now complete and your next step sounds finished also - landing that job! Double congrats!!

I don't know if anyone watched but a historic event happened last night as SpaceX successfully returned the booster section to a landing point at complex 13 of the old Atlas launch platforms at the Cape. This was their first flight mission since the June explosion that destroyed the ISS resupply capsule and grounded SpaceX, and they nailed it! Successful deployment of the 11 satellites and recovery of the booster stage.

http://spaceflightnow.com/2015/12/22...con-9-booster/

http://spaceflightnow.com/2015/12/22...after-landing/

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 12-22-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Aframomum

JPEE and Nick,

Wishing you both a Merry Christmas!!

Mark
Old 12-25-2015, 07:57 AM
evdreamer

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:16 AM
evdreamer

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. I enjoyed being able to spend more time with family instead of leaving to go to work like in the past. Over the weekend I went apartment shopping. I got accepted to my first choice. It is a two bedroom apartment with an attached garage. It has a private entrance and the only one in the area I felt safe at. I am really excited and get to move in on the 2nd.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:51 PM
evdreamer

Happy New Years everyone!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Aframomum

Happy New Year guys!!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Aframomum

I hope everyone had a nice New Years. I splurged a bit this year and got about $90 worth of fireworks so we had a great time last night. Also did brats, salmon, and shrimp on the grill so dinner was not too shabby either!

Nick - big day tomorrow with the new apartment move-in! What floor are you on?

I've been on all 3 floors of your typical 3 story apartment - top floor was the best as you don't have any tenant noise/partying above you, 2nd floor was the worst (noise above and below).

One year I even had the chance to experience a 16th floor view of a 20 story building while in college. That was quite a interesting time trying to move furniture and a mattress through an elevator that serviced all 20 floors!

Good luck and wishing you nice weather for your move.

Got some flying in today - New Years flights! It was a nice day with little wind and my son got to shoot off one of his rockets and I got to fly my Zero and Fusion 50.

We did get a visit from an uniformed officer and I have to admit I was a bit nervous as she pulled up in her patrol car - I quickly brought my heli to a hover and landed. Been flying at this new site for a little over a month and never a visitor and this the first of the new year and I get an officer visit. My mind raced of FAA regs, questions of drones, cameras, registration...you name it!

But she just wanted to see what I was doing and to have fun with my son flying. No questions on FAA or registration, but she did ask about drones and cameras. I told her that none of my aircraft have any cameras on them and I don't have a multi-rotor 'drone' - just a heli, plane, and model rocket. But this shows that I will need to register before the Feb. date so I won't get in any trouble in the future.

Be safe out there!

Mark

Name:	20160101_110534_resized.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	2139203   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160101_110640_resized.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	2139204  
Old 01-03-2016, 04:17 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick and Mark,
I am so ticked, I never get notified that a new post is up like use to. I click the boxes but most of the posts you guy make slip by.

Anyway, Nick congratulations, a job, a new apartment living away from home WOW your having some life changes. Having spent only two years in an apartment, Marks advice was dead on. The only thing I will add is watch for roaches! They never leave; they go from apartment to apartment in the walls. Be proactive and every so often spray with your own canned killer in the corners and under cabinets and leave some residue. That aside, again I am so happy for you, you have a new life in the palm of your hands.

Mark, I am glad your family had a good Christmas and New Years and to boot, got to fly. You rattled me with the incident where you were flying with George to say the least. It is coming for sure. You have hear me speak of my buddy Jason and his paramount fear is, someone with get his N number, name and address from this list and then use it on their aircraft and do something illegal and or cause damage and he’ll get stuck paying Lawyers $$ defending something he didn’t do, this is possible yes?
So glad you got to fly. I forgot..... if I didn’t mention before my 700 got hurt. I screwed up and shut off the TX and she spun up all by herself and started to take off but thank goodness while at a slow rpm she tipped over and it took out the main blades and by the time I ran out there for a slow motion funky chicken to disconnect the battery the head was bound and the motor was smoking and my main drive gear to the motor stripped. I did a bench check and the motor still spins up even after smoking………….I cannot trust it so a new motor, blades and both while I am in there both main drive and autorotation gears will be replaced. Weather here has not been the best of late, COLD COLD. We did go home from Christmas for 9 days and came back with everything well in hand. I sold my RZR 800 today and two weeks ago bought a like new RZR 1000 a little bit used 2015 from a buddy. The ride is like a Lexus with nobby tires, we are delighted. Oh..... did I mention it hauls *****! At 55 mph on the flat desert I can put the pedal to the metal and she breaks the tires lose and goes sideways. I had to try it once he he he. But it is the ride that is the bonus for us. New Years was spent next door at Phils with other friends and snacks.

That’s it from AZ boys……………………..Cheers and be safe out there and remain Vigilant most of all.

JPEE
Old 01-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I am truely sorry to hear about your 700 mishap - no matter what a ship that size is still an expensive repair. Shame that the FBL/receiver can't distinguish between a loss of signal verses an accidental radio shutoff for failsafes. Instead of going to predetermined failsafes with loss of signal it goes into no activity mode if tx is turned off. At least you were able to get all the parts ordered.

We also are having colder weather but I am welcoming it as over Christmas it was 87 - yuk! Hot weather brings bugs and mosquitoes and its no fun being outside with that, so now we are down in the 50 - 60's at night and its absolutely beautiful. Windy so the warbirds stay at home but the heli has some fun flights.

Congrats on the off-road upgrade! I bet the new 1000 rides smooth through all those desert bumps and is hopefully easier on your shoulder on the long treks. Glad you had a nice New Years with your desert 'family'!

Nick - how was the move and the new apartment?

Mark
Old 01-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Aframomum

Looks like my late Christmas gift arrived finally!

Name:	20160106_151750_resized.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2141010  
Old 01-12-2016, 05:37 PM
JPEE

Hi MArk,

What is it? I looked up Motion who I know but the Freewing brings up tons of planes, what it is what is it??????
Old 01-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Aframomum

My first German warbird - a Folk wolf 190. Decided to go back to the Axis birds. lol

Oh yeah, I registered today since the AMA is now telling all members to register. My FA number will be going into my birds before I go flying this weekend, esp. since I got that visit last weekend.

Mark
Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 AM
JPEE

Remember what I said about your FAA number, keep it a secret so others don't copy it and use it on a drone that could be lead back to you wrongfully! That number should be like your SS#, that's my opinion. If a guy took your number and crash a drone they would come for you. Then you would have to get a Lawyer and the fun would begin.
I have an alarm set for the two days before the deadline just to see what happens. Did you use their new N number or your AMA number?

Smiles JPEE

Name:	mark.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	2141184  
Old 01-13-2016, 04:21 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I am on the first floor of a two floor apartment. I can hear my neighbors above me sometimes. I had the option to get a second floor apartment with the garage underneath. Everyone was glad I didn't get that one and having to move my furniture up some skinny stairs. Otherwise, I am enjoying the apartment. I just got my internet hooked up yesterday. I went through my data pretty quick watching netflix on my phone.

It sounds like you had a good time on the 1st.

That is good nothing bad happened with the officer.

Is your new plane an ARF or a kit? Have fun.

Is AMA giving up on trying to remove the requirement to sign up if you are a member of AMA? I haven't received any emails from them lately.

John,

Sorry about your 700. That is good to hear you are enjoying your new RZR.

Nick
Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Aframomum

Oops, forgot the pictures!

Nick,

Glad the apartment is working out for you. You said the stairs leading up to the second floor were skinny and your moving help was relieved not to have to move things up there...but, in the long run would the second floor had been a better decision for you both for the under-floor garage and upstairs neighbor noise? Just something to consider next time when choosing a place to live - remember, you are the one living there and not them. At least you don't have a narrow staircase to maneuver your heli's down when you take them to go flying!

AMA has requested members to register - that is their new stance on the FAA issue. So now you'll need 2 numbers in your aircraft - your AMA and the new FAA one. JPEE has a good point on protecting your number so you don't get any unwanted legal issues. That is why I am not putting any numbers on the model rockets that I fly with my son - they can easily get lost if the winds take the chuted rocket away.

My Folk Wolf is an ARF foam kit much like my Zero and JPEE's P-51 - just needed a receiver. I haven't had a chance to maiden it yet but may get the chance on Friday. It's made by the same company as my Stinger jet and I am happy with the quality of foam and paint and the features it has.

JPEE,

The FAA number is a FA XXXXXX number. You even get a formal printout that you can fold over and it fits in your wallet, so all the official FAA info is there to show to LE if you are asked so they know you are compliant.

Have you had the chance to work on your 700 repairs yet?

Take care everyone!

Mark

Name:	20160111_143045_resized_2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	2141277   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160111_143016_resized.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	2141278  

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-13-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:34 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark and Nick,

Nick, good deal you are moved in and doing well there in your own space. It must be some adjustment to live alone for the first time? No one to cook for you, to eat dinner with or have your family with you. While those might be hard it is a part of growing up and the adjustments will come quickly as personal growth! Congrats one last time for the completion of your higher education and making the move big move to your next step in adult life.

Mark, no I have not gotten the 700 back up yet. I did get the new motor and just havent had time to get it installed. I have had take my RZR in thre times for recalls, and I have ben doing some treaching and laying conduit under ground from the shore power so I dont have a cord laying on the ground for my shed, and I will conclude that this morning. It is was a nice day yesterday for the first time in months it seems. The winter here is unlike none in years the old timers tell me, just butt cold and it started early. Back to the 700 the main gears which were on the order with the motor were cancelled (I wanted those for back up) so yes once I install the motor I will be in the air. Also, I still have the 500 and my planes.
I guess I'll break down and get my numbers DRATS from the FAA.......................

That's it here boys! Mark good luck on the maiden too...........
Old 01-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

If anyone needs a link to the FAA page for registering, here it is: http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

Halfway down the page is the link to get you started.

In other news I had the chance to maiden my Folk wolf 190 this morning.

The weather was terrific when we left and so I took the opportunity to take the Fusion for a spin and shoot off a few rockets. Probably should have done the 190 first as the winds picked up by the time I was ready for the maiden.

But, I was confident and excited so didn't want to put it off any longer. My first take off attempt I had to abort and so caused the wings to scrape when she porpoise on the wheels. My second attempt was more successful as she rose up nice and gently. This bird is fast and agile. I also discovered I forgot expo and so had her snap a few times - luckily I was high enough not to be disastrous. Flew around for 5 minutes getting used to the zippiness and then set up for landing. I'm sure the wind was a factor but I had to land with nearly one third throttle but she set down with a bit of a stalled bump at the last minute. All in all a nice maiden!

Nick,

Bet your enjoying your freedom! Have you set up your apartment and gotten everything where you want it yet? I know it used to take me about a week to get everything settled in.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.