Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys,

Its been quite a while since I've had the chance to log on so let me get caught up...

Nick,

I hope by now the fires near you have been dealt with and the smoke has cleared up. The weather you guys have to endure (tornado's) would have me on edge every time a storm gets reported on the weather channel. I guess over time you can feel what is a serious threat verses what is just a run-of-the-mill thunder boomer.

Any flying this year yet?

JPEE,

How amazing for your grandson. Has he gotten the chance to do any airshows yet? Or any flying time?

Down here hurricane season has started and we had our first tropical storm pass through earlier in the week. It brought some winds and rain but mostly cooled things down for a few days - so top temps were only in the 80's and not the 90's as usual. Kind of a nice break.

I finally ended my car shopping a few weeks ago. Yep, found myself a car I can really enjoy. Sorry JPEE, you warned me about Ford but I couldn't pass on this one...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160522_194520_resized_1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2166972   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160528_082745_resized_1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	2166973  
Old 06-09-2016, 05:50 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Your Mustang is really cool. Drive it with pride and enjoy! We had a 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 V-8 with a 5 speed and it hauled nuggets mister! It was Judy's........one day she said I want a Bad Ass Mustang. So we drove to the lot and she picked it out. Then when the salesman said, you rrrrrrr going for a test drive aren't you? she said, I don't know how to drive a stick shift!!! The guy dang near had a heart attack trying not to laugh. So the three of us went out and I drove. We brought it home and then it was off to JPEE's hot rod driving school. She was in her 50's then and everyone used to look at that older lading driving that car. She got good with it too, if you get my drift. The pipes were healthy too. She is driving a Ford Fusion right now and while it only has 63K it is 11 years old and she has been bringing it up again to get another BOSS Mustang for the last few months so we may be joining you!
F - fixed
O - or
R - repaired
D - daily

I have not flown since we got back at the end of March. Just been busy and kinda "flied-out" I guess. Stored my packs and everything is parked so speak. Cutting out in a week and half to ride the trails in Oregon with the next door neighbor in AZ Fast Phil.

Take care boy's

Last edited by JPEE; 06-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:16 AM
Aframomum

Didn't know if you all have heard but we had a shooting incident in a nightclub here in Orlando last night. A really bad time right now.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:46 AM
JPEE

Mark, buy now you should have received my email. They just announced his wife said he was considering Disney Land as his other alternate target.

Stay Vigilant !
Old 06-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

The past week has been rough - first the nightclub shooting and then a few days later a child was attacked by an alligator at Disney. I think we all need a break.

All the parks are now using metal detectors at the entrances. We went to SeaWorld on Friday and both the police presence and security measures were highly notable. What a world we live in now...

There was an announcement that Disney will be putting up fences to keep visitors out of the water so no more attacks can happen. The child did not survive. Very sad.

Mark
Old 06-18-2016, 08:45 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,
It is a sad commentary! Guard your wife and son with Vigilance! These are trying times we live in. Just glad you and yours are safe.

John

Last edited by JPEE; 06-19-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Guess my last post sounded a bit "doom & gloom"...sorry about that.

Wanted to wish you a belated Happy Fathers Day. Did you have a nice dinner, or brunch?

I loved the story of your Judy getting her first Mustang, and a stick no doubt! A 5.0 V8 aye? I bet that thing would put you in the back seat when you nailed the throttle!

This is my first Mustang also, and my first 6 cylinder. I've only had 4 bangers up to this point and does this thing have power when you need it. Plus the rear-wheel drive is fun as you can throw the tail around. lol. I've also been getting acquainted with the mechanics as I've already changed the oil, plugs/wires, tranny filter/fluid (auto), and front brakes. Also picked up a nice set of Rhino ramps so I can stop having to use my old jack stands - really nice to be able to drive up the ramp and get under the car - no need to pull out the jack and jack stands (unless I have to take the tires off)!

I had an invite from the local Mustang club to come to one of their meets. There were about 15 members with their mustangs, all 2005 and above - and did they have some cash dropped into those cars!! One member had a supercharger on his, others had aftermarket exhaust systems, some had chrome headers and valve covers. Wow! There are a few things I would like to do but nothing close to what I saw. Waaaay out of my price league!

Have a good week everyone!

Mark
Old 06-20-2016, 09:00 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark, not at all did you sound doom and gloom no more then my reply back. These are troubled times and they really should be no surprises that's what I meant by staying vigilant! One has to really be aware where one is today and their family without giving away and not living our lives the way we always have.

I hope you had a nice Father's Day as well. We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday because my one daughter and grandson who is a ballplayer had a four day baseball engagement Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday all out-of-town games. Not to brag but he's quite the slugger and he's up in the All-Stars coming up on his 11th birthday. So we met Saturday morning and got all the grandchildren and my daughter is all together for a few hours it was great.

Oh my goodness I really like the idea of the rhino ramps allowing you full access to the underbelly of that brut of a Mustang. I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze your planes in there and/or helicopters on the weekends to with that hatchback in the back seat folded down you got Mucho room. That brings me to the question have you had an opportunity to fly lately? Back to the mustang, sounds like you're really getting into it and to me that's more fun than a fish aquarium. And now the commeradery have with a Mustang club........... how cool is that! Honestly I was very impressed with what you did with your Saturn after it got banged up but the mustang you really got in there with the brakes and the spark plug wires, changing all the fluids, I say...... good on you!! Get Mr. George in there and give him the mechanical abilities to build on those he'll be a "hands-on guy" too like his daddy.
Take care
Old 06-20-2016, 03:59 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Congrats on the new car. One of my co-works had that same generation mustang. Then someone totaled his car. He ended up getting a focus ST. That is a pretty cool car.

I don't usually worry about the weather until the sirens go off.

I haven't flown this year. The Lincoln airport is now requiring anything within 5 miles of the airport and above .5lbs to call into the control tower to let them know. I haven't felt like paying my club dues, AMA dues, and FAA dues to go flying lately. It has also been 90+ degrees lately. I will see how I feel next year.

There has been a lot of bad news lately. I am waiting to finally read some good news.

John,

That is cool Judy had a 89' mustang. The 89-93 mustangs were my favorite generation mustangs. When I got my license, reality hit in that I couldn't afford the gas for a V8, the insurance, and the car.

That is good you enjoyed fathers day. I went to go see X-Men with my Dad. He seemed to enjoy it.

Nick
Old 06-20-2016, 04:31 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

That is cool you got to spend a day with your Dad. Stick close to him, you don't want the generation to slip in. Shorty before my Dad passed we still spoke every day and we went over the TV Guide to see what we wer both watching for that night. Then we went to visit him nearly every weekend, he only lived 25 miles away. My daughters and grand kids took us to breakfast as a nice group and spoiled me Amazon cards $$$$$ for more toys. Lol
Yes that GT 5-0 was a beast.......120 mph without 5 gear! I have no idea what the car would do flat out.
I heard what you said about not flying, but I don't understand why you have to wait until next year? Oh I understand the dues stuff, their killing me too. I pay for a field here and one in AZ and the AMA as well as the FAA. I like to call it TAXATION to fly. Look for an email from me, I need to share something with you that is a bit in your field.

JPEE out
Old 06-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Aframomum

Haven't lost a post in a long time but happened when my computer unexpectedly shut down. Dang that's annoying! So take two...

Nick,

Hope you have plans to BBQ and see some fireworks for the 4th. Don't worry about the dues right now, maybe your club will have a half off price if you ask to pay after more than half the year is over. That would be a nice break for you.

JPEE,

Glad to hear you had a nice Father's Day with the family and seeing the grandkids play baseball. Although I had to work I was able to get some nice time in.

Have not done any flying since the weather warmed up ~ probably not since late April. I did trial fit my Fusion into my mustang and there is plenty of room in the trunk.

Here's my son helping me with the brakes a few weeks ago.

Mark

Name:	20160528_090512_resized.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	2170441  

Last edited by Aframomum; 06-29-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:51 AM
JPEE

[ATTACH]2170894[/IMG][ATTACH]2170895[/IMG][ATTACH]2170892[/IMG][ATTACH]2170893[/IMG][ATTACH]2170890[/IMG]Hello Guys, hope both have happy July 4th's

Well, Mr. George looks like he was set for bear, safety goggles and all. Good deal on brake job too.

We we have been on OR riding the trails with our friends (parked in there acre lot) front yard in forest who live next door to us in AZ. This was an 811 mile trek up here but worth it for the clean air, blue skies and the critter sounds in the forest.

Take care and have a safe one

We we are tuning a 450 pro.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	2170890   Click image for larger version

Views:	16
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	2170892   Click image for larger version

Views:	15
Size:	4.00 MB
ID:	2170893   Click image for larger version

Views:	15
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	2170894   Click image for larger version

Views:	13
Size:	4.20 MB
ID:	2170895  

Last edited by JPEE; 07-02-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:51 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool George got to help out with the breaks.

I didn't BBQ over the 4th. I have been a vegan for a couple of years and prefer not to eat meat substitutes, so it has been awhile since I had some BBQ. I did see a lot of fireworks out of my window though.

John,

It sounds like you are having a good time in OR.

Nick
Old 07-14-2016, 02:05 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Glad to hear all is well with you. Yes we had a great time in OR for sure! The irony was there is not much room to fly there because of the dense forest believe it or not. We did some hovering out front but that was it. The RC Field is 30 miles away sadly. If your going to fly you need to make a day of it to make it worth while.
John
Old 07-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing trip, I'm sure the open clean air is a nice change of pace for you guys.

Nick,

Meat's not the only thing you can put on a BBQ - lots of veggies and fruits do great too!

We are getting ready for our trip - our flight is extremely early. Never left while it was still dark out so that will be different. Nice to spend some time with the inlaws before the school season starts again.

When I get back I get to look forward to an appt with the ortho doc to check out my knee. I had a bit of an accident last week and it swelled up real nice so a MRI looks to be on order. I did have a snow skiing accident with it about 18 years ago and being in my 20's never saw a doctor and just 'let it heal'. Yeah, it never was the same afterwards so its been a long time coming. Have to say its been fun getting in and out of the mustang!

Take care guys,

Mark
Old 07-24-2016, 07:10 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
We did have a nice visit and Oregon. We did not get to drive as many trails as we would've liked to but we did see some beautiful country and breathe clean air. However, that 810 mile trip each way towing a 27' ToyBox RV on the worst paved or chuckholed freeways in the USA made the part tough! Segway.......I have driven in 27 states and Califorina is the worst! But still all in all we did have a wonderful time.
I regret reading your post on your injured knee. As you so appropriately defined how difficult it is for you to get in and out of your sporty mustang and the contorting must be very difficult. I hope by now you have had your MRI and know where you stand. Take it from and oldster, LOL, the older you get the more those past injuries come back up to slap you in the face. I hope the time you got to spend with your in-laws was a grand one and just getting out of the house and being in different surroundings is always fun.

Take care both of you guys.
JPEE
Old 07-31-2016, 07:03 AM
JPEE

Happy Birthday Mr. Mark!

Wishing you a great day to be spent with family and friends.

JP
Old 08-07-2016, 07:26 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Sorry I missed saying happy birthday. I thought I put it in my google calendar.

I didn't know you could put BBQ on veggies and fruit.

I had my first business trip last week to Illinois. It was an interesting learning experience. We hit really heavy rain on the way home and could only see the lights from the cars ahead of us.

Nick
Old 08-07-2016, 07:37 AM
JPEE

Good morning Nick!

I think that's great you got to go on your first road trip for business. As I look back over my life and career and see that you were just starting yours I find it exciting for what you have ahead of you.

Yes you can barbecue even as a vegetarian or vegan. As Mark pointed out pineapple, zucchini, Peppers, corn, mushrooms, and even long stemmed onions, are just a couple of the things you can grill to achieve that kind of chard taste. Let us not forget like Judy and I have......... barbecued baked potatoes in sea salt and sweet potatoes which we do once week. Glad things are going well for you and as I discussed earlier with Mark no flying here it's been extremely hot and as I've said many a time our field is dry rocky and the armpit of the state of California. In a little more two months till I shove it off to go south for open skies in flyers paradise.

Take care
Old 08-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick and JPEE,

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

The trip to PA was nice and the weather was a relief, plus the scenery is always a nice change.

I did have my MRI and have an appointment with the doctor on Monday to discuss things. Was my first MRI and have to say those magnets are loud. lol.

August is here and looking forward to the last of those dog days of summer to exit.

No flying here - hope when the weather cools down I'll get back out. Right now the planes and heli's are just collecting dust.

Mark
Old 08-14-2016, 11:04 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Glad to hear you had a nice Birthday and got away from the homestead to boot!

Yes indeed those MRI's sound a like a Sunday morning hangover with a big band drum beating in your head LOL. True story........ a friend of mind was getting a brain scan for a tumor. They said, no need to undress we can just MRI your head. They asked....do you have in metal in your pockets or on your person, he replied NO. He had take off his watch and dropped off his keys. In moments they fired up the MRI and there was a bang and ting sound! He had had a small pocket knife for like fingernail care in his jeans pocket and it came out of that pocket and.........opened before it stuck to the inside of the tunnel where his head was. He about needed a change of drawers if you get my drift......

No flying here. Gonna wait to AZ comes in 8 weeks or so. In fact, just two days ago I was looking at all of my new batteries I bought for the 500-700 last March. Glad I opened all of them and put them on storage charge after all. Did go shooting on Tuesday, had a blast at the Range.

Heat...........we got heat. For security, I have blocked my little neighborhood out. JPEE

Name:	IMG_7694.PNG
Views:	57
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	2176872  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

It's definitely August, that's some hot weather you got out there!

We're a few degrees short of you but its still dang hot. But we do get late afternoon thunderstorms almost every day so things do cool down, plus with the constant rain the grass grows like weeds! I just cut the yard a few days ago and did my knee remind me that its still damaged...yikes! Needed to prop it up in the recliner with a couple ice packs and call it a day.

Looking forward to what the doctor has to say tomorrow morning about it. I've never been one to take any kind of pain pills most of my life - but the last few weeks I'm sure making up for that! Yes, the MRI was like a pounding drum. Luckily only my leg was in the thing as I couldn't imagine having my head in there with all that noise. Funny story about the pocket knife. The tech asked about any possible kind of metal I could have on or inside me. lol

They do go out of their way to make it very calming as the entire room had a beach scene painted on the walls and ceiling. Guess if your stuck in a position and can't move for 45 minutes plus the constant loud clanging they have to try and make your surroundings as calm as possible.

How many rounds did you go through at the range? Have a few co-workers that collect guns and will occasionally take them to the range and burn through a few hundred bills. lol

Any new flying news from your grandson? Was wondering if he had any chance to visit an airshow and perhaps get to help any pilot burn some left-over fuel.

For my birthday I did get something for my 'stang - my first mod...a shiny new cold air intake! I also got with it a few extra horses and a nice lower growl. Not too loud but noticeable to me. Brings a smile to my face each time I drive now. The other mod on my wish list is dual exhaust - but that will be much later on as its too hot for me to do the install plus they are a bit pricey.

Mark

Name:	20160802_111206_resized_1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2176948   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160802_111158_resized_3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	2176949  

Last edited by Aframomum; 08-14-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:32 AM
JPEE

Mark,

My best to you this morning when meeting with your Doctor regarding your knee. Yes I have seen that MRI room cold and unfriendly at my Kaiser and I have made it through but it is tough when they do near your whole body, it is very "closto" in there. Of course they offer drugs to calm you down but sometimes that's not enough. So..........I have them send me to and out source to an "open MRI" machine! Oh so much better.

Getting in and out of the "Stang" must be difficult for you? Speaking of the Stang, when our mufflers aged out on our GT Mustang a guy gave me a real tip. He said go to a muffler shop and ask if they have any near new mufflers or exhaust systems where a guy came in and wanted something a little louder. They cut off near new ones of that year we were in and I hit on a near new set and they had just cut out the old and put in the new. It sounded so throaty the wife loved it! Just a thought for you.

I went through near 100 rounds between my 22-380-38's. Not wanting to sound gosh, I really don't care what it cost for ammo and it is expensive these days believe me. I don't drink, smoke or have any other costly habits so I just do it! I can get it cheaper online but I except they won't ship to California. I'll have to wait till I go to the desert out-of-state and order it and have it sent there. As an example while I was in Oregon I picked up some 303 for my Carbine and I had to pay $1.75 a shot! With this new online store a friend turned me onto this week I can get them for $.78 each, that's huge!

Joe has dropped off RCing for Track running! He's on the track team at school and runs several days a week during the summer with his mother and runs nearly every weekend with friends. He has already run at a pretty good time the Los Angeles Marathon, that's a biggie! Two weeks ago we went out to have breakfast with my family at 8 AM and they had already come back from doing 10 miles, can you believe it? I'm glad Joe is my grandson but glad I don't have to feed him, so I would have to double dip my Social Security to pay for the food LOL. At 15 years of age he's just a food vacuum cleaner! He is still engaged in going online and flying with that set of foor rudders and brakes for the floor and pilot stick and Yolk and switches and console that sits on a desk as he flies big jumbo jets around the world and keeps building aeronautical miles, so the love is there but there's just not the time it seems to get him up and get him to an airport out there early in the morning anymore.

Is your new breathable air cleaner a K&N? Yeah when you let a car breath after they've been D tuned to meet state air-quality it makes a huge difference I am sure, at least I found it so. Glad you enjoy your car so much!

Take care.

PS: sending you an email

Last edited by JPEE; 08-15-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Had a family emergency so had to leave town for a few days, fortunately all is better now.

Saw the ortho physician on Monday and looks like the knee has a loose ligament (from a previous injury) and some bruising of the bones (from jumping off the stool last month). He wants to try a month of physical therapy and see how things look after that. We'll decide which direction to go from there, if any.

I'll add more once I get some rest from my trip.

Mark
Old 08-19-2016, 07:20 PM
JPEE

10-4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.