Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the neck strain, didn't realize the pictures were sideways. lol, Fixed!

Spent the morning yesterday cleaning up the yard, not too much tree debris - few branches here and there but that was all. Also took out all the stuff I put in the garage that didn't want to blow away - trash cans, grill, benches, etc. So now I have room in there again.

My parents in SC got a huge amount of rain but luckily no flooding in their house. Being in central Florida we are in a hilly area so much of the water will run downhill as we live 'on a hill' so to speak. That's why you didn't see much standing water in those pictures.

Hopefully no more storms this year as next month is the end of hurricane season. I want to get the chance to fly my hurricane benefit!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Mark
Old 10-09-2016, 08:34 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Great news you and yours came through all of that safely. That's great your up on a hill too for the obvious reasons.

Take care
Old 10-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Aframomum

Thought I'd share a few pictures of my new 180cfx. Haven't really had the chance to go through it (or even bind it yet) but hopefully will get some time tomorrow or Tuesday. Nice to have little practice bird again for some everyday flying.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20161009_191752_resized_1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2185208   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161009_191802_resized_1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2185209  
Old 10-09-2016, 06:54 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Your 180 looks spectacular! I can't wait to hear your reviews on how she flies. I have not really looked into the 180 so I submit a question, does it have a electric motor on the tale or is there a driveline i.e. torque tube?

JP
Old 10-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

the 180 has a TT driven tail. But unlike the 130 its a real TT and not a piece of piano wire. It also has real servos, not those linear ones and they separated the ESC and fbl board - no more all-in-one boards.

I'm currently checking all the bearings and am charging the batts now so I can get some first flights in the morning. Got six 3S lipos with it, plus a parallel charging board so not too bad of a deal.

Mark
Old 10-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Aframomum

Well guys,

What started out as a simple bearing check turned into a total teardown. lol Had to put in an order for some replacement bearings and tail shaft so my maiden will have to wait. No big deal as it will give me time to familiarize myself with the fbl unit. All settings are entered using the radio so no pots to adjust on the unit itself (like the old cp pro's).

Mark
Old 10-13-2016, 08:39 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark, heck that little bugger sounds great! A real TT and servos sounds like a real flyer. Hope by know you have weather that has allowed you to get out!
We are near loaded for the trip. I wanted to take my PIA P-51 I crashed last year as a project to get resurrected but I don't have the room. I could bring her back at Christmas but then how would I get her home at the end of the season? To many toys and not enough room..................what a curse lol.
OOPS, after posting my note above I then saw your latest post I had missed. With that said, sorry you got blindsided with the tear down.

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 10-13-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I wish you well in your packing and deciding what you can and cannot take with you. Ohh, the problems of retiree's! lol

Shame you can't fix up your P-51 before you depart, but hey there's always next year.

Yep, I got a bit too involved in the inspection of my 180 but what better way to get acquainted with a new bird then a total rebuild? I did discover a great place for bearings - www.AvidRC.com They sell for RC cars but you can find just about any bearing you'll need and they sell for some good prices. Ships out of Texas.

Have a fun and safe trip!

Mark
Old 10-28-2016, 06:43 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Shame on me for not getting the P 51 ready before I left. But I really thought I would have room for it and would be a good project on the days it is too hot or too windy to fly, but surprise it didn't work out. Phil went flying yesterday and played with his 600 and his P 51 standard. I still had stuff to get done and did not go but at the end of the day charged up packs for my 500 and my Bixler and T 28. The T 28 needed minor repair, the plastic tabs under the wings that the wheels snapped into were getting loose and dry so I CAed the dickens out of them. LOL also my pilot had come loose inside the canopy and was flopping around which meant I had to take an X-Acto knife and carefully cut off the clear plastic canopy and hot glue in the pilot and then read glue down the clear plastic to the Styrofoam, I thought I was performing brain surgery. The weather has just been so hot here for the first three days it was 102 each day and today was 95° and it's been like that with the streak of real hot weather for the come this Sunday two weeks we've been here. Last year it was exceptionally cold for almost the whole time we were here and we didn't get much flying or razor riding in. Some of the old-timers in townies said it was the coldest winter that they can ever remember in years and years. Now they're saying this might be one hell leashes hot summer! To take you back to last year briefly, Phil and I were flying the 700s with 2-6S packs and 1-6S pack. While I enjoyed it I was struggling with the governor on my control make ESC trying to make up its mind what it was doing at the lower p.m. making it dangerously difficult for me to try and land. This year I brought the box and I'm going to get into the instructions and turn off my Governor because I can still fly with the two success packs and get some pretty good speed for my age LOL and eyes LOL twice and then do some slow flying with the one success governor because I can still fly with the two success packs and get some pretty good speed for my age LOL and eyes LOL twice and then do some slow flying with the 1-6 success pack and not have the troubles that I did last year so I am looking forward to that. This year I'm set up a little better to take some video and/or snapshots were feeling and I fly to share with you guys.

Mark Nick both I hope you're doing well hope to talk to you soon.........JPEE
Old 11-01-2016, 05:32 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good there wasn't too much damage in your area from the hurricane.

E-Flite has come a long way since the CX and CP helis. I was surprised to see the TT on your 180. Is that metal upper main shaft bearing support stock? It looked like there was some after market skids on the heli.

John,

Have fun with the upcoming flying and good luck with the ESC.

Nick
Old 11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

Was wondering how's life been with you since you are no longer a student? Just work and the rest of your time is your own!

Looks like no more storms for this season, last one we got lucky. Just some wind and rain.

Yes, Horizon has come a long way since those old days of the CP Pro. I found an old video of my earlier flights with a cp pro - mostly bouncing up and down and all you could hear was a loud wine of that tail motor trying to keep up, it was quite hilarious to watch.

This 180 is really a miniaturized version of my Goblin with the new geometry of the cyclic servos, not to mention they are servo's and not those linear ones from the 130x and mCP X. Even the TT is a realistic version that you find on the larger TT heli's, complete with a middle bearing, proper gears, and splined TT ends. The castle esc is good and you have full access to make changes to the software settings, so governor is accessible. The metal bearing block is stock, just the landing gear is aftermarket as the stock is very flimsy.

The FBL unit in the receiver is nice but a bit awkward. It is all controlled by the radio and you have to access all the various menus and make changes with stick movements - a little like programming the older esc's with the radio. It would have been nice if they setup the FBL so you could program using your phone or computer like the AR636 units the Blade 230 uses. I'm sure in the near future this will be available.

JPEE,

Bet your having fun 4 wheeling! Did you bring your rock crawler with you?

Sorry to hear about the scorching weather, hope by now it has cooled down. You really get the extremes out there don't you? lol

I know exactly what your talking about with removing the canopy to extract a loose pilot. I did the same with my Zero and yep, trying to get a x-acto blade between the canopy and foam is some delicate work. So good job!

Have you had the chance to get into the governor settings on your Kontronic ESC? That sounds like a good way to try some different headspeeds on the same heli to see the difference in flight characteristics. 6S for some nice relaxing flying around and then 12S when you want to bump up the severe factor.

Are your 12S packs easy to disassemble or do you have them wrapped in shrink wrap as a single unit?

Take care everyone,

Mark
Old 11-18-2016, 06:01 PM
JPEE

Mark and Nick,

I wrote this weeks ago and forgot. Judy called one night for supper so I saved in MS Word. Now tonight I just saw it on my desk top. I hope it still makes some sence. My replies are in blue DUH.......you'll know that

Originally Posted by Aframomum
Hi Nick,

Was wondering how's life been with you since you are no longer a student? Just work and the rest of your time is your own!

Looks like no more storms for this season, last one we got lucky. Just some wind and rain.

Yes, Horizon has come a long way since those old days of the CP Pro. I found an old video of my earlier flights with a cp pro - mostly bouncing up and down and all you could hear was a loud wine of that tail motor trying to keep up, it was quite hilarious to watch.

This 180 is really a miniaturized version of my Goblin with the new geometry of the cyclic servos, not to mention they are servo's and not those linear ones from the 130x and mCP X. Even the TT is a realistic version that you find on the larger TT heli's, complete with a middle bearing, proper gears, and splined TT ends. The castle esc is good and you have full access to make changes to the software settings, so governor is accessible. The metal bearing block is stock, just the landing gear is aftermarket as the stock is very flimsy.

The FBL unit in the receiver is nice but a bit awkward. It is all controlled by the radio and you have to access all the various menus and make changes with stick movements - a little like programming the older esc's with the radio. It would have been nice if they setup the FBL so you could program using your phone or computer like the AR636 units the Blade 230 uses. I'm sure in the near future this will be available.

JPEE,

Bet your having fun 4 wheeling! Did you bring your rock crawler with you MARK, I BROUGHT THE BATTERIES AND THE HAND RADIO BUT FORGOT THE CAR :-( I MIGHT BRING IT BACK WITH MY WHEN WE GO HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

Sorry to hear about the scorching weather, hope by now it has cooled down. You really get the extremes out there don't you? lol

I know exactly what your talking about with removing the canopy to extract a loose pilot. I did the same with my Zero and yep, trying to get a x-acto blade between the canopy and foam is some delicate work. So good job!

Have you had the chance to get into the governor settings on your Kontronic ESC? That sounds like a good way to try some different headspeeds on the same heli to see the difference in flight characteristics. 6S for some nice relaxing flying around and then 12S when you want to bump up the severe factor.......I LOOKED IN MY BOX THAT I BROUGHT THAT THE ESC WAS IN AND.............................NO PIN PLUG THAT ALLOWS MT TO REPROGRAM MY ESC AND PLAY WITH TH GOVERNOR :-(( SO TODAY I BROUGHT DOWN THE THROTTLE CURVE THAT FOR ME IS A STRAIGHT HORIZONTAL LINE 3 POINTS. THE HELI FLEW FINE, THE GOVERNOR DID CATCH AT A START WITH THE STICK IN THE MIDDLE FIRING UP IN STUNT. SHE FLEW HEAVY WITH THE DOUBLE TRAY THOUGH. NEX TIME OUT I WILL PUT IN THE ONE 6S ( NO.. MY PACKS ARE SEPARATE ON THE TRAYS AND ARE HELD IN PLACE BY TWO VELCRO STRAPS EACH ) I HAVE A FEW EXTRA TRAYS SO I PUT ONE PACK PER TRAY. ANYWAYS, ONCE I MOUNT THE SINGLE TRAY I WILL BRING THE DOWN THE CURVE AGAIN!! AND SEE IF THE GOVERNOR WILL CATCH AT EVEN A LOWER HEAD SPEED. TO TAKE YOU BACK, WHEN I LAST FLEW THE SINGLE PACK MY CURVE WAS 0-100 AND WHEN LANDING AND COMING IN WHEN i HIT SOME LOW RPMS THE GOVERNOR WAS "HUNTING" FOR A STATIC RPM AND THE SHIP WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE ABOUT 15' FEET FROM THE GROUND. SO FOR NOW I WILL JUST LOWER THE HEAD SPEED AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH A STRAIGHT CURVE. MY FRIEND PHIL HAS A RADIAN GLIDER AND SHE FLOATS LIKE AN ANGEL! I ADMIRED IT SO, SO I GOT ONE TOO. WHAT A GLIDER. HERE AR A FEW PICKS FOR YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTMFaINVpm0[VIDEO] A WEE BIT OF AZ

TAKE CARE......JPEE

Are your 12S packs easy to disassemble or do you have them wrapped in shrink wrap as a single unit?

Take care everyone,

Mark
Old 11-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

What a video of what your 4-wheelers can do! That was a bit scary watching the odd angles as you trans versed those boulders. Looked like a lot of fun though!

Sorry about forgetting the rock crawler. It always happens though, at least you can get it during the holiday return. Were you going to pick up the pin plug for your ESC also so you can get into the software and program the gov?

Congrats on the Radian purchase - your going to need a lounge chair for those 30+ minute flights! I bet that motor will pull it very high quickly, and best of all no bungee launch system needed.

I finally got my exhaust all ordered. It looks really nice and much larger diameter pipe than my stock system has now. I have some days off coming up for the holidays and will get to do the install then.

Guys, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope everyone has a nice and safe holiday dinner!

Mark

Name:	Box.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	2190671   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161116_131450_resized.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	2190672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Layout.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	2190673  
Old 11-24-2016, 10:08 AM
JPEE

Hello guys in the first order of business will be we wish you both and your families a very happy and safe Thanksgiving today!��

Mark I flew to flights with one success in the 700 yesterday and have beat the governor issue by keeping the head speed well below 50% and I have found now by trial and error that it does not hunt for the governor at that lower speed. However, the little problem I run into is that I have a bit of loose tail and a small wag at this low RPM. Also I can get close to that same scenario of Lowhead speed with two batteries and get that scale flying with an ultra low head speed.... that sounds like an oxymoron, but I have to be careful and be judicious with my pitch as I'm flying because there's not much head speed to bail me out if I get into a fix. In the end all is good I'm going to continue to play with it but I do not want to go in to the V bar and tighten that when I go out because then it will make it higher speeds with two packs they helicoptered to be driven rather than flown with such a tight tail.

go get them as my Judy says with those big mufflers and pipes. That should let your Mustang really breath!

Again to both of you and your families take care be safe on the holidays and enjoy your Thanksgiving..... bye-bye for now JP

Last edited by JPEE; 11-24-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:37 PM
evdreamer

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I had a nice dinner with one of my aunt's.

Mark,

Have fun with the new exhaust.

I am glad I am done with school. I have hardly any stress and get a lot more sleep. I have been thinking about traveling next year now that I know what my expenses are like. I would like to go to some concerts of my favorite bands too. I found out to late that some of them were recently in neighboring states.

John,

It looks like you guys were having fun rock climbing!

Nick

Last edited by evdreamer; 11-24-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:57 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys, Waz Up?

Well I have been a busy Boy here. I hope I can express this story so it is understandable. My buddy next door has some Scale Fuselages from Aerodyne. I had fallen in love with these a few years ago but....................I wanted to wait figuring this would be my last RC challenge. Well that time has come, I love flying my 700 several days a week and the 500 as backup but then with the Fuselages I thought, a little slower flying could be good too. So I bought from another good friend a 600e and thought, I'll put that in the scale "fuse" and still have the 700 to fly. And by the way I finally got the 700 flying on "either" a 2 ea 6S tray or with the fip of a TX switch 1 ea 6S slow and beautiful!! Well as it goes the more you read the more you learn. I found that if I got a 700 fuse you can mount a 600 with a few small spacers and......a 700 boom to make it to the tail and it sits way to the back of the fuse so a scale pilot cabin can put in front of the heli workings for the full scale look, or.............I can just pop in the 700 and I am off. I just ordered the Scale fuse and I have included a pic for your review. When we go home from Christmas for 6 days I will pick up the 600 and bring it back and make the final decision. To be honest there is the possibility that beside the 700 boom added to the 600 "I might have to upgrade the ESC, but now after handling these fuse's myself they are fiberglass but yet so very light. If I use the 700 it drops in and it off I go, we shall see when the time comes and everything is on the bench. I also got a Radian Glider.......HOLY COW what a glider! My Bixler is ok but this is huge and graceful. Man guys, I have to say I/we are living the life out here, man am I blessed!

Ok here are the pic's and a YT video of Phil's new 250 Horizon Hobby full 3D small heli. It is so stable too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8sOCSekSfw Hey Boy's, in case we don't talk before the Christmas, My best you and your families!
Take care..... John

Name:	20161104_125505.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	2192146   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161104_125412.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	2192147   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_2177.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	2192148   Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	2192149   Click image for larger version

Name:	15000602_1673427249654488_8542676951705270367_o.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	2192150  

Last edited by JPEE; 12-03-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Christmas is right around the corner - everyone done with shopping by now?!?

Sorry been missing for awhile but have been busy with the car and heli's and flying.

Got the exhaust done over the Thanksgiving Holiday. It turned out to be quite a job but its all done and I am very happy with the results. The sound is very throaty, a good deal louder, and the power increase is great - very much well worth it!

In heli news, I got my 180cfx all done and have been flying that thing for the past few weeks. Its a blast and the tail holds perfectly. Can handle wind with no problems. Has plenty of power to get out of trouble and no worries of the tail blowing out anymore.

Now that I have the car done and my 180 flying I finally felt the need to get my Goblin 570 ready. I have been putting this off for a long time as this will mean retiring my Fusion. I'll be keeping the Fusion but stripped of all electronics - she'll look good as a display heli. I have started on a list of things to get (new belts, connectors, pulley) to go along with the ESC and motor I got a few months back. Its actually not too big of a list so may get this going by January. Who would have thought of having a heli for almost a year before getting it ready to fly?

Here's some pictures of the exhaust work:

Mark

Name:	20161123_141554.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	2194142   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161123_143623.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2194143   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161129_122405.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	2194144   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161129_122322.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	744.6 KB
ID:	2194145  
Old 12-23-2016, 12:50 AM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

Just wanted to add that your MD500 fuse looks really nice. I've seen some of what they do with the scale detail over in the European market and it is just mind boggling how realistic they turn out. I would probably skip the 600 for the scale bird and go straight for the 700 conversion. Your 700 you are very used to and I think with the larger disc size and no mods (just drop in and go) it would be a better choice, at least in my opinion.

The Radian looks huge! Do you bring a chair to sit in while you surf the currents up there for ever...and ever? lol.

The 250 looks like a good beater heli to keep your motor skills tuned. Blade keeps upping their game with all their new releases and improving on their previous designs. Can we all say Blade CP? (how far they've come) lol!

Nick,

Sometimes I'm sure it felt as though you would never finish school but your done. Enjoy the less-stress lifestyle and sleep! And do a lot of your travelling and life-list things you want now while you can. Go snow-skiing/water skiing. Go skydiving. Learn to scuba. Try a half marathon. Take a train trip east or west. Visit a couple National Parks. Just enjoy life for now.

Well guys, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope you all get some nice RC-related goodies under the tree!

Mark
Old 12-23-2016, 11:59 AM
JPEE

Mark,

What great photos and.................Holy Cow Mark, that job is SANNO! You did one heck of a clean job there my friend making that conversion. Even the undercarriage of the car is clean and SANNO.......... as we said when we were kids a hundred years ago LOL.

Your 250 CFX flies pretti well as Phil my buddy has one and with it technology he can fly nose in, backwards and more. It has been a great flying heli right out of the box. BUT, after the second flight the tail motor burned up BUT not for the reasons your thinking about. When they assembled the heli at the factory and slid in the boom tube the wires got stripped and the vibration and then let them rub the boom and bam it was gone. Of course Horizon made it good as always. That motor if you had to buy is like $35.00 but what a flier!!! CRAP.........I just notice I has put a video above showing Phil flying the heli DUH on me. BTW we did laugh while Phil was flying the 250 and we both were remembering as you said the old CP PRO

I hope your Goblin comes together easily and you finish getting needed parts soon. I have been emailed crazy from all of the major RC stores with tremendous discounts, you keep your eyes open ok!

I have made up my mind and will drop in the 700 no fuss no muss. If I miss the 700 then I'll will stretch the 600 and put on bigger blades and be good to go. They picked up my damaged Fuselage and will send me a new one when we get back to AZ after the holidays. I bought a lot of lead sticky wheel weights to balance the CG on fuselage. But first when I get back I will weigh the fuse with a big scale I am taking back and add that weight to the 700 at its present CG and see how she flies and I can calculated my required head speed! I just did a test hover in bake yard and I think I have it close to nailed without the added weight. I am on the right track.

Chairs, heck yes.............we fly and say up until our neck give out LOL let alone just standing there for 45 min or so. Yes that sucker is as Trump says HUGE! It is gonna be HUGE.... LMAO

Mark and Nick, may you both have a wonderful Christmas and everything that comes with this year. Good food, family time, and something shinny too from Santa!

John
Old 12-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Aframomum

Merry Christmas John and Nick!!!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Aframomum

Well guys,

Hope everyone had a nice and relaxing Christmas. I had to work the Christmas weekend but still had the chance to watch my son tear into all his presents and get all excited with what he got. Overall it was a nice holiday. And it was crazy that the weather was a warm 81 Christmas day - shorts and windows open!

JPEE, thanks for the compliments on the exhaust job. I'm very happy with the results. SANNO as you say! lol

Oh, my Blade is the 180, not the 250. I know Horizon is making strides in the micro market but I didn't want to chance another tail motor driven heli after my mcpx. Too many chances of motor issues that keeps the heli grounded. Sorry to hear about your friends motor getting shorted out but at least Horizon took care of it no questions asked.

How does your friend like the SAFE/Panic recovery feature of the 250? I know many of the FBL controllers that are coming out are incorporating some type of self-recovery system that is supposed to recover the heli at the flip of a switch if it gets into a crash-type scenario. So I was just wondering how useful/accurate of a feature it is on your friends 250.

I've been keeping a look out for holiday deals as I am needing some parts for the Goblin. I am doing a complete tear down if for nothing else then to get familiar with it. The person who originally did the build (I'm the 3rd owner) used quite a bit of Loctite and so I'm having to clean things up. It's coming along slowly - and its nice that I have the Fusion and my 180 to fly during the rebuild.

Glad to hear that you'll be going with the 700 in your fuse, excellent decision! Your fuse was damaged during shipping? Did you notice any difference in flight characteristics with the added weight? Any ideas on scale add-ons you'll be doing? Your scale project sounds very interesting and I'll be anxiously waiting reports!

Mark
Old 12-27-2016, 09:33 AM
JPEE

Mark,

About your question on the SAFE-Panic recovery. There are three modes you can flying and I honestly don't know if one of those is the safe mode. But..... I can tell you and I was there to see it, he flew the heli into some out of control situation and pressed the button or switch and the heli righted itself perfectly every time! So yes it works nicely. Also I think I said this before yes you hear the little motor in the back just humming to hold the tail but she is ROCK solid, I mean real solid.

Check your email for a compressed video I will send you. It is just under the standard 25 MB email size. Keep the wife and son away when you watch it because I did curse a bit when I open it and see it is freight crushed. There are no addon's except a cabin with a scale pilot and seat and instruments, but I cannot use that because................you must put a 600 into a 700 fuse to have the room up front. So with me using the 700 we put like patio screen or smoked shade cloth so the cabin can breath for the motor and ESC but you don't see so much of the heli guts in there. Also the inside of the fuse it for the most part a ivory white of the fiber glass. So
we hand paint with flat black water base paint to keep it dark in the there.......

Today or tomorrow I plan to build my P-47 for the War Bird Fun Fly on June 14-15

I also need to put a receiver in the 600 I brought back and set it up in my TX, so I have some work to do as you can see.

Happy New Year to you and Nick
Old 12-31-2016, 06:28 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I never thought of the lack of room in the fuse if you use the 700. At least, as you said you can black out the cockpit with cloth to cover up the innards of the 700. With that little drawback I think you will still be more than impressed with the 700 in there. I didn't see the video but can imagine your frustration when seeing the damaged fuse - I know I'd be P/O'd! At least they took care of you with a new one, then you can get to work darkening up the interior.

You certainly have a lot of projects with the scale 700, the 'newly acquired' 600, and the P-47 restoration - how do you find the time!?!

I have been tearing down and cleaning up my Goblin 570. Finished the transmission and just can't wrap my mind around it - someone compared it to the components of a grandfather clock, and are they right!

Mark

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2195064   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2195065   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2195066  

Last edited by Aframomum; 12-31-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:57 PM
Aframomum

Happy New Years guys!!
Old 01-01-2017, 09:46 AM
JPEE

Happy New Years to Mark and Nick,

Yes I am full on schedule on inserting the 700 to the scale fuselage. My buddy that sold me the 600e had his rx on there and once pulled I was in a bit of lost-ness as to find the right wires to plug into the VBAR and where. That took me two days plus surfing and talking to my buddy that sold me copter because he just changes TX's and had to redue his whole fleet back to the VBAR's. You have to remember, I did these 700 in like 2011 and have never had to go back and adjust and I just plain forgot what the heck to do, that's why this thing drug on. Two days ago I got her done (600) and took her for a lift off and hover. I was tired when I completed the work the night before so there was an error. When I spooled up SLOW I checked my tail and I was reversed! I reset my TX to normal for that tail servo and started back again. As I hit my flat line curve of 50% just as she got light she spun like a top 360's in the dirt and took out the tail blades, front and back TT gears, and one tooth of the auto-rotation gear! :-(((( So I come back and find I have no parts for the 600 in this area. So Phil my neighbor has tons of parts so I went through his stuff and got the 600 PN#s. You see this old 600 was called a 600CF for carbon fiber flybar and was a belt drive. Then my buddy converted the whole heli to TT and flybarless with the VBAR. So what the heck is thing this, parts????? When you look them up there are so many 600's 600 old, 600 Pro and 550s that share a lot of the same parts so who knows what these parts are on mine. So back to Phil, I matched all of my parts to his in the bags and got their numbers and went on line. NONE are available on this planet any longer.....oops except the auto rotation gear. So I am writing Align on Tuesday and ask for support. So here I sit with an obsolete heli I just bought. No but wait.....for separate shipping and handling YOU can make this repair...........as the TV commercials say. Point being I dug through the box of extras that came with the heli and BAM the whole belt system was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even with one tooth chipped on the auto-rotation gear I slapped here back together and she is ready for her next test. Oh back to the tail, I guess I got off track, After the rebuild I reversed the gain and now the tail moves the right way when swung on the table. But just to CYA myself I will set the 700 next to her and make sure every move is identical. Remember age 70 is knocking on my back door, I feel 45-50 but my brain has slowed a bit, so thats why the CYA for insurance.

Man your Goblin looks like your old car transmission almost. Good Luck with that!

Cheers Boys

PS: you email has been sent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.