Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:41 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JP

Last edited by JPEE; 07-30-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

I think you can officially be credited for having the longest post in this thread - Wow, was that some reading!! Giving that ole dragon some run for its money. lol

Be back in a bit...

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 05-06-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:59 PM
JPEE

Verbose !
Old 05-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Aframomum

JPEE, you...use too many words? ha ha!

Lets see what happened this past week:

Boeing's spaceplane did its first landing at the old shuttle landing strip here in Florida - sonic booms woke people up on the space coast at 8 am Sunday. lol

We selected a home lot and got pre-approval for a VA mortgage...Yes!

It was a clear Sunday morning when out of the blue a sonic boom startled people near Kennedy Space Center. Most are aware of launch/landings so kind of keep an eye outside when things are happening. But this was secretive and no news of its approach. Boeings space plane is now going to have a home base in the old shuttle prep building so it can launch and land in the same area.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/05/0...pilot-landing/

Closer to home, we spent the past week looking at new construction subdivisions. I definitely have to say the market is much different now then when I purchased in 2007 - its moving at a much faster pace. I can't believe how fast new communities are filling up. And if you want to wait, then you will be paying as the housing prices continue to increase.

With that in mind we decided on a house, floor plan, and selected an available lot. I really didn't want to wait and possibly lose the lot to another buyer, so just spent 2 days time thinking it over before making the decision. The build time should be about 4 months so closing could be around October - nice weather for moving. Did not want to move in the summer here in Florida! It will be nice to have our own home again - no more renting.

Have you had the chance to try out the new 700 motor?

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 05-07-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I believe I heard on the news that people were shocked when the sonic booms came because there had been no public awareness that the Mini shuttle was coming in.

Thanks for pinning that article, a very interesting read. As they so know it looks like a mini shuttle. And it looks like it's time for us both to modify our stock portfolios to start covering aerospace again.

Yes I'm aware that housing is having quite the upswing. In California, and especially Los Angeles homes are shooting through the roof and people are paying them. I wish you and your family very good luck in finding the lot and house you want at a fair price. Do you have a square footage that you're looking for, 2000-3000 sq ft. a 3 to 4 bedroom, three bath? You are right it is the American dream to own your home and not have to pay rent to someone else.

No I have not had an opportunity to do anything RC related. We've had a little bit of rain and the other day when it was clear I went out and jacked up both my 22 foot cargo trailer and my 27 foot toy hauler trailer unlocked the cable locks from all of their wheels (earthquake safety, so they don't roll down back driveway) and rotate all the wheels by turning them from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock say don't get flat spots. I finally finished with the razor car and it's over in the corner of the garage.

My closing statement, I have been watching a lot of YouTube and decided for reasons I won't share opened the public I needed a VPN for my computer system. In a sense what that is is a gives a different IP address then where you really are. As an example when you're on Google and you go out and look something up then immediately you start getting ads from everybody in the area that handles that product, having the VPN will negate that. It also narrows neferious access from hackers from the outside world.

Take care congratulations on getting your lot for your home.

John
Old 05-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Aframomum

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day and did something nice for all your mothers!

JPEE,

To answer your questions - the house we decided on is a 4 bedroom/2 bath and is 1700 sqft. I'm making a few compromises with the house just because of its location - basically brick pavers for the driveway, centralized cluster mailboxs, and a smaller overall yard. The location is right on the bike trail so that makes up for all the shortcomings with the house. Plus the incentive package that came with the house includes all appliances (fridge, washer, and dryer), installed garage door opener and all blinds, and 8K towards closing, so that made the deal a bit nicer.

Yes, you can't be too safe these days with computer security. Our hospital put out a bulletin concerning the computer ransom scam that is targeting large corporations. Basically stated to NOT open any emails or links that were questionable as the threat is very high.

Have a good week everyone (and try to stay cool - weather the past few weeks here has hit 97!),

Mark
Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM
JPEE

Mark, congratulations again, it sounds like a wonderful new home for the family with everything you need. Being close to the trails will make nice to get out and get with nature ride those bikes and enjoy. Sincerely tickled for you.

We hope your families Mothers Day was a memorable on too! We went to my oldest daughters and the rest of the family for fun, BBQ and just a real nice day, fun was had by all as they say.

Still no RC except, my buddy is doing a lot of sail plane flying and he said there is room for me and my Radian motor powered glider to join in with. They either throw off CF sail planes from a mountain ridge we've been to or at another place hold a different plane used for soaring! That plane is launched by the pilot holding it by it's wing tip and spinning himself around and then letting go of the plane and getting it to catch a thermal. These planes way no more than 4 oz's! We are talking $1,500 for the plan without servos, receiver, or a tiny tiny battery 1/3 the size of a AAA to power the receiver and servos.

As far as my scale heli, I am just getting close to upgrade to that bigger motor to try and fly the one 5300 6S.

Take care and it's good to hear form you.

J
Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you are thinking about safety when out riding on the trails.

Mark,

Congrats on buying the home lot. I bet that is exciting.

I used to work for a financial company and I remembered the security class we had to take. The company can have sophisticated security software, but the employee is usually the weak link. All it takes is clicking on a link in an email or plugging in a flash drive to infect the computer.

I went to the movies with my parents on mother's day and my mom seemed to enjoy it.

I have been busy with work and lost track of time since last logging in here.

Yahoo has been frustrating me and others lately. They modified their stock download scripts to make it more difficult to automate things. There are some solutions now, so I have been trying to figure out how to add it to my scripts.

Nick

Last edited by evdreamer; 05-21-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:31 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick, glad to hear from you and that all is well...............so glad to hear you got some special time with your mom!

I have joined a company and now have a VPN, a very interesting topic to say the least, especially currently in the mess the cyber world is under these days with these Ransom hacks globally. I too am extremely careful with any mail I open. If it doesn't smell right then I trash it, if it is important they'll call me I say.

I am confident you'll solve the script issues for your stock program.

Take care
Old 05-21-2017, 11:22 AM
evdreamer

John,

I got my program working again. I worked through the night until 8am today. I haven't done that since college. I enjoy working at that time and write some of my best code.

Nick
Old 05-21-2017, 01:27 PM
JPEE

Nick, I admire your junk yard dog like " stick with it, don't give up and DO NOT let go until the task is handled. I am the same way, it took me a week to nail down why my disk drive could not be seen by the hard drive. Then on the 5th day I found a file that had to be deleated (forgot the right term) but deleted from the root I think it was called. Like you, I do not give up..........that is not in OUR vocabulary is it?

JP
Old 05-21-2017, 01:29 PM
JPEE

Nick, I admire your junk yard dog like "stick with it" and don't give up and DO NOT let go until the task is handled. I am the same way, it took me a week to nail down why my disk drive could not be seen by the hard drive. Then on the 5th day I found a file that had to be deleated (forgot the right term) but deleted from the root I think it was called. Like you, I do not give up..........that is not in OUR vocabulary is it?

JP
Old 06-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Aframomum

Hello everyone,

Nick - I feel your pain with Yahoo. Although I don't use their stock programs I do use their email and with all their newly implemented advertising programs trying to navigate through the site is insanely slow. I really don't want to switch email accounts as I've been with them since 1998 but they do try my patience at times. Glad to hear you were able to make things work with them.

Yes, house buying is exciting. Well, some aspects of it are. Right now I'm feeling a bit like under a microscope with the lender as they are going over any and all transactions and being very thorough, plus requiring written explanations regarding financial decisions we made in the past. One thing for sure - the banks are being much more cautious now and requiring a lot of documentation this time around.

Mark
Old 06-04-2017, 04:50 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
Well it sounds like the machine is running well and you're going through the protocol and dips and doodles of getting qualified. Yes it is a lot of Hoops to go through but as you answered your own question by saying they don't want to go back into a recession and foreclose on a bunch of houses they're using a little more scrutiny to the applicants. I have no fear that you guys won't qualify and get a good rate I just know it.I got a chance to go out and fly my glider with two other guys over a huge Reservoir area that's all green and has baseball diamonds and Acres of grass so it was really fun. Other than that it's pretty quiet for us so I'll bid you farewell and good luck. JP
Old 06-18-2017, 05:21 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Have yourself a great Father's/Grandfather's Day today - you've definitely earned it!!

Mark
Old 06-18-2017, 05:41 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark, I wish the very same for you less the grandfather part LOL. looks like you have some Fair weather down there so get out and enjoy with your little guy in the misses. Don't forget to keep us apprised of how the house purchase is going for you. Bless you all and happy Father's Day!

John
Old 07-03-2017, 06:52 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I hope everyone has a good 4th.

I went to a helicopter show a couple of months ago with my dad at the SAC museum. It has been awhile since I have been there. I forgot how big some of the bombers were. Below are some pictures of the event. The landing by the military pilots was very impressive. They quickly landed right where they were supposed to. The civilian pilots took a little longer and some had to take a few tries.

I am taking a beginner motorcycle course later this month. I have wanted to ride a street motorcycle since I was a teenager. I used to ride dirt bikes with friends growing up.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:56 PM
evdreamer

Here are the photos. I had trouble uploading them with the last post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_132638.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	2222830   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_110738.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	2222831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_105655.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	2222832   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_104843_HDR.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	2222833   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_104454_HDR.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	2222834   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_103515_HDR.jpg
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	2222835  
Old 07-03-2017, 07:42 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick, you got some great photographs of the heli's another aircraft.

I think that is great that you're taking motorcycle lessons. I have been riding for over 50 years and still maintain a motorcycle license. However, in 2005 I had to give up my motorcycles for a medical condition, and that's what got me in the side-by-side Razor for the desert. My last two motorcycles were a full dressed Harley Davidson and a Boss Hoss, that is a motorcycle with a 327 Chevy with headers fuel injected and a roller cam. From 1990 to 2005 I took advanced motorcycle riding on two if not three occasions just to keep my skills sharp for what to do and what not to do on the road. My goodness you better wear a helmet young man, the Lord gives you one set of brains in that head of yours and yours happens to be exceptional so you need to protect it!
We are just going to go to breakfast with my daughter and grandchildren tomorrow morning and then chill at home for the Fourth of July and stay off the roads and away from the drunk drivers. It's pretty crowded here in the city where we live and there are always neighbors that and there are always neighbors that violate the law and shoot off fireworks and we need to keep an eye on the house and see no fires start. Some of the neighbors even get those mortars that shoot up in the sky and then we find debris in the yard in the morning.I may have stated above perhaps not but I've been doing a little bit oh flying my big radian glider at the park with some other guys from time to time but that's it since I came home from AZ. In fact the time is coming closer and closer that will be departing so I've got to get out my fleet and go through them because they all need a little work especially the 500 T Rex it windy and hard last year. So nice to hear from you Nick glad everything is going well for you take care.

John

hey Mark,happy fourth to you too sir.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Just got back from our yearly trip to PA and am getting a chance to get caught up.

Nick,

congrats on the bike courses. Any idea what kind of bike you'll be getting?
The airshow pictures looked really good and it seemed they had quite a bit going on.

JPEE,

I see your gearing up for your trip to AZ. Time to get that 500 of yours air ready again!

We are still unpacking and just basically recovering from the vacation. Have a good weekend everyone!

Mark
Old 07-14-2017, 05:45 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark, so good to hear from you. Good to hear you had a safe vacation. Yes I am working on my VBAR for the 600 presently and then the 500. There is a lot of prepping of my RC fleet before mid Oct.

Cheers JP
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I finished making repairs to my VBAR in the 600E. It took a few days to nail the issues it had but today she flew like a eagle. I got two flights and then I flew my MD500 scale heli with the 700 inside. I have not had the sticks in my hands since last Feb. I felt a little nervious on the first half of the first flight and then...........the old muscle memory came back and I flying off the rails.........the 600 not the scale of course LOL.

JP

Last edited by JPEE; 07-21-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:28 PM
evdreamer

John,

I took the MSF course last weekend. I had a blast. They had Suzuki 250s that kind of look like a cruiser. I stalled the bike a few times at a stop because I forgot I was in first gear and let go of the clutch. I really enjoyed the high speed(20ish MPH) curves and swerves. I still need to practice slow speed maneuvers. In Nebraska the law requires to wear a helmet. I got a helmet, jacket with back, elbow, and shoulder pads, and leather gloves. I want to get some pants with padding when I have time. I plan to go motorcycle shopping this weekend. I remember seeing pictures of the Boss Hoss when I was a kid. I bet that went through fuel pretty quick. Thanks for the idea to take advanced riding courses later on.

It sounds like you had a good time with the helicopters a few days ago.

Mark,

I hope you had a good time in PA.

I was thinking about the Honda CB500F or the CBR500R.

Nick
Old 07-25-2017, 05:50 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Well it sounds like your getting some good training and I am so glad your taking that route! Riding a motorcycle is no game at all............Also, that lawfully required or not......that your pro wearing helmet make me very happy. I know you got a helmet and I might expect to be a full-face and DOT approved. After you get a season of riding under your belt then next year you'll be ready for the advanced class, you'll know your bike very well by then. Also some advise, insure yourself to the max limits and here's why. In the old days when I was your age I rode without insurance, if the bike got crashed that was on me. Then one day a child ran out from between two cars in front of me and I almost hit him. Then is when I thought, I could be sued had hurt the child, cut off a semi full of new cars going to a dealer and he crashes and all of those cars. I think you get the idea. Just like your car, your putting all of your assets on the line that you have today and for years to come, just consider that. If you leaving the bike out at your apartment then think about GAP insurance should it get stolen unless your paying cash. There your Grandpa like friend who rode for 50 years gave you the life talk.

I have the TREX 500 in the bench and am waiting for delivery of $67.00 worth of parts to bring her back from a crash in AZ. I lost a linkage rod from the swash to the blade grip and she went in.

Today I started on my P-51 B plane that "I" lost in AZ trying to fly at 6:00 AM and when I came in to land I was looking at the plane in the easy coming at me and the sun came over the peak and I was blinded and lost sight and she went in. On this job I had some of the parts on hand and so I expect $30.00 and she'll be swell once again :-)

Take care and have fun.....JP
Old 07-30-2017, 04:46 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Happy birthday!

John,

Thanks for the advise. Yeah, I have a full faced DOT helmet. It has a flippable sun visor, which has come in handy. I bought a 2016 Honda CB500F on Friday. I wasn't sure starting off on a 500 would be a good idea, since a lot of people start with 250s and 300s. Once I did a test drive, I knew it was the bike for me. It is really easy to maneuver and has plenty of power for highways and getting out of hairy situations. I have gone on a couple of rides and I am having a blast.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for you to get the heli and plane back in the air. I might ride my bike by my old flying field today and see if any planes are flying.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170728_163708.jpg
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	2226199  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.