Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:33 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark,

That is a down to the wire schedule indeed! I hope your present landlord gives you all of your deposit back too. This ten days will be harder than waiting for Christmas morning when you were 8 years old LOL.
Congratualtions!!!

Did a Mavic flight today but the winder were howling and once up at 72 feet my TX screen flashed RED and said, danger and come down to a lower altitude! That DJI thinks of everything dont they.

We bought a used carport from someone who is moving out of the Park. With a few days hard work I single handedly with Judy's help lifted it off of the ground put rails under the legs and bolted them to it and screwd dollies down under that. Then with Park staff and volunteers we brought it over to my space and set it in place. Here is a brief cut down video. That said, the whole life and move and set down took?????? 8 1/2 min! Of course I have to drive in 10 ea 2' stakes and use racheting tie downs to secure to the ground Until I set some posts in concrete so she doesn't take off with the winds we get.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	2245516   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2245517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0441.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2245518   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0435.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	586.2 KB
ID:	2245519  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

That's quite a nice car port you scored for yourselves there! Looks like you enlisted the help of nearly every abled bodied gent to help roll it to its new home - good job! Now secure it so those wicked winds don't take it for a test flight! lol.

Yes, 7 days left as of today. Have the final walk-through this morning at 10am. Also, made a list of where the water and electric points are located so know where to pay to turn on services. Also checked to see where the closest U-Haul location is at and checked pricing with them. Our living room has become a temporary storage area for packed boxes ready to go...and man am I ready to go!!

Yep, this last week is going to be a nail biter for sure. Ready, ready, wait...lol.

Mark
Old 11-20-2017, 05:39 AM
JPEE

Mark,

We are so happy for you and your family. Just reading your letter makes us reminisce our first house and that excitement that, I can't believe this is really happening to me!
When you get in and carry your wife over that threshold LOL and the wee one George?? behind you, you will know that it's really true and all of the anxiety and stress you've been under for months will be gone GONE gone!
Bless you all!

Yes the Gent's come through here "whenever" anyone needs a hand. There is a true sense of community here. Every time you pass by somebody whether they are in the car or walk by you you say hello and or you wave, it truly is like Mayberry RFD
Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool to hear you are so close to moving in to your new home.

John,

That is good news your 600 Vbar is all setup. That is nice to hear people were glad to help you out with your carport.

I almost bought a used Audi R8 in Miami. It was about a month in the works. I got financing and flew out on Sunday. I started to inspect it and there were a few red flags, so I passed on it. I missed one of my flights in Chicago, so that was a first. I haven't been on a plane since I was a kid. I got to see the ocean from the plane. It was cool seeing the beach and the border of Florida. Luckily I was able to back out of the auto loan since it wasn't finalized yet. It was an expensive but interesting learning experience about buying a car out of state.

My apartment lease ends in the first week of January, so I have started looking at starter homes. I was hoping to wait till a recession for homes prices to drop. I found a couple of town homes that are in my budget and look pretty nice. It would actually save me a lot of money to buy a home compared to my current rent. I will see if I can make this work.

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.

Nick
Old 11-23-2017, 07:26 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Glad you saw the red flags and did not get caught in a hinky deal and get taken for some big bucks! Trust your gut......................it worked for you on this occasion

Re a Condo, please let me share some tips for you, we have a had a few of them as rental properties.
1. Check the CC and Rs which can be as think as a small town phone book and read it through. Ex: my buddy bought a place and then dedicated the garage to his his massive trail layout with buildings and all the trimmings, he nearly lived out there. Someone complained about his garage door was open all day (against the rules, you can only open the door to pull in or out) so he got sighted by the HOA! He pleaded his case saying it was to hot to sit in the garage and he needed to leave the door open, they said no! He sold out a year later, to many rules. My daughter got two citations for leaving a toy on the front step against the front door over night and fined$$. The rules can be intrusive so read them through and they by law have to give them you for review. ALSO: you need to check out the financial standing of the HOA. My daughter behind my back opened escrow on her first place. When I looked into it I found the that HOA had a $1,000,000.00 debit settlement in a court case with the contractor from earthquake repairs no paid for. He sued and won. Now all owners were going to be get a special assessment to pay off the court case! So please be careful.

Here are some photos from the new Mavic Pro Drone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nick1.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	2246073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nick2.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	2246074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nick3.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	2246075  
Old 11-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Aframomum

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!

Sorry a bit late but had to work. Hope you guys got to eat a bunch of turkey and all the fixings!

Mark
Old 11-24-2017, 01:47 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark and Nick,

Happy Post turkey and mashed potatoes hangover ha ha. We had a nice afternoon with our neighbors and another couple. We did a spiral ham in a crock pot, no turkey! Of course we had the rest of the trimmings.
Flew the Mavic a bit and am learing more
of its controls and flight modes. I have some freeze frame when I yaw sis to side. So last night I was watching some videos on how-to make it go away. There are a jillion settings to play with. Phil had the same problem but between his tx adjustments and changing micro sd cards its now gone. So Ill copy his settings and try the card last. This came with 10 speed card so it should work. I had my settings ALL on auto to start. In the videos they said that is a mistake! So ill work from
there.
I bought. Spectrum DX9 which arrives today. It seems like I dont have a enough hours in the day.
Take care you guys!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick - I'm really sorry to hear about your car buying trip. However, I think you lucked out in listening to your gut and walking away from the deal after the red flags started popping up. At least you got to see Florida from the air and hopefully got to enjoy some beach time while you were down here. Did you have a weather shock?? lol!

One thing about after hurricanes down here (esp. if there was a good deal of flooding) is the amount of cars that start to appear for sale that initially appear fine but later on you find months earlier it was knee deep (or higher) in flood water. They do a good job of cleaning and drying it out but regardless, who wants a flood stricken car passed as 'decent condition'? Scams definitely! Hope that wasn't the case with yours and I do wish you luck in your car search if your still in the market.

Congrats on your decision to purchase your own place. And please, no talk about another housing market meltdown - I don't want to see our newly bought house value plummet!! But seriously, I can understand you wanting a recession to slow the market increase so you have time to look and save for a down payment. At least you'll have time to talk with some lenders and get the preapproval process going. Nothing to show a seller your serious then to have a preapproval all ready to go!

Townhomes - please do your research before committing to anything. Personally I always considered a townhome too similar to apartment life and that was something I was trying to move away from. Plus I like my garage too much and most places I've seen have them separate from the home so that is a definite minus. And from JPEE's descriptions of personal experience with his they sound like you really need to sift through any fine print to make sure you know what your getting yourself into.

While your in the research stage do look at a few secondary homes and also some new construction ones. By the way, you may want to get yourself a realtor if you don't have one yet. They can help immensely in your search and sorting out the confusion of buying a property. Good luck - it really is so worth it in the end!!

JPEE,

Your mine video looked really good - I can't get over the quality and smoothness of it. All your research paid off in a very quality product. I know you'll figure out all the settings so to get rid of that annoying freeze frame issue. Plus with your friend Phil already fixed the problem on his it shouldn't be too much of problem. Congrats on the new DX9 - did you switch brands as I thought you used Airtronics? (memory has been fading so forgive me if I'm mistaken, lol)

We had a small Thanksgiving dinner - most of the cookware is packed away! Glad yours was nice and spent with friends.

Psst - 2 days left!! Oh the agony...

We had our final walk through on Monday - took 2 hours as I was being a bit particular about a few things. Luckily we have a good builder and he was very patient and explained everything I had a question about. Stopped by this morning to check it over and most of the things had been taken care of so that was a relief as it was a holiday week.

Wednesday we went to the bank to wire the closing funds to the titling company for Monday's appointment and reserved a U-Haul truck for Monday. The rental house looks like a storage unit with all the boxes stacked everywhere but its only for a few more days.

We decided to go to Disney tomorrow night for a much needed distraction! With my son having off from school all this past week plus having all his things packed away and moving to a new house - he really does need a distraction at this point.

Have a good weekend!

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 11-24-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:31 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for your "like" advice to Nick re a Townhouse/Condo. Here, Condos have a parking garage under the building or in a separate across the way carport or garage. Townhouses, here.....they have a nice two car garage on first floor generally out of the kitchen area, then all bedrooms are upstairs. HOA fees can kill an owner too.

The transmitter deal reared its ugly head for two reasons. The first is, Phil gave me a big HHobby (HH) big glider which I could fly with my DX6i with its built in rx. Then this year a he gave me the Mach 25 again from HH and wired with a Spectrum rx. Came to find out that my old DX6i would BIND but not ARM. I love my Airtronic's but they are no longer made or supported so I bought a few extra rx's when I saw the writing on the wall. So with the DX6i becoming obsolete it was time to make a decision. That will give me the Glider, Mach 25 and my old T-28 all on the new DX9. It has telemetry with the right receiver and it would be neat to see how high I fly with the glider!!

We spent a quite TG with Phil and another couple and we had a nice dinner, a long walk next door...LMAO

Judy and I are both so excited for you and your family! The big bucket list for you is adding up with done that check marks.
Married a wonderful women
You have a wonderful healthy son
You have become a home owner after years of saving and budgeting and its paying off now, HECK yes get to Disneyland to drop some stress and let the little guy burn off some energy.

Congratulations my friend.

JP
Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 PM
Aframomum

Well guys,

Closing was a success and the move is over. Done. Finished. We are officially moved into our new house, and it feels great!

Each morning now when I come home from work I just smile when I turn into the subdivision and see our house.

Thanks for your email JPEE.

Mark
Old 12-05-2017, 05:17 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Man that must feel nice to approach home and see that curb appeal, that brand new house and know its yours, YAHOO YAHOO!

Today I programed my new DX9 to match my new Mach 25 racing drone. I failed..........so I asked Phil for a tutorial. In just a few minutes it was done so I know I have one more Spectrum RC which is my glider, a Radian and I'll plug that puppy in and be golden. This thing is so automatic, it your plugging in a Horizon Hobby RC they give you a step by step on how to plug it in anset it up in the TX. In doing so all of the switches are and most everything elese, like normal and stunt 1-2. It really is cool and........that it talks to you say like, flaps down, wheels down/up, battery low, landing and so in. It has a ptetty good vocabulary.

Cheers
Old 12-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I'm glad your liking your new DX9. I took a quick peak at it on HH website - that is one nice looking tx. How do you like the scroll wheel on it? I'm asking because I noticed after the old DX6 they switched to primarily using the wheel over buttons to do any program switching. I really don't know how I feel about the wheel thing. I still have by mega old DX7 that was built by JR and it has the buttons so I guess I'm just a bit resistant to change. Lol! (Does it really talk??)

I have looked at other tx through the years but figured if what I have still works and I'm comfortable with it why change?

We have been spending the past week slowly moving our stuff from the garage to where their going to be in the house. I have to admit it was a bit overwhelming at first - the garage looked packed with stuff. But its getting cleaned out and organized. I have also been building furniture pieces that we got from Amazon during cyber-Monday. We picked up a few items to upgrade the old worn out pieces that we didn't take with us.

The old rental house is all cleaned up and just about ready to switch hands back to the owners. We are having a lawn care guy come to access the yard tomorrow and the carpet steam guys to clean on Monday - then we are done with that.

I got the chance this morning to start putting up my shelving in the spare bedroom for hanging all my plane fuses/wings and helicopters. At least I can get them off the floor so less chance they'll get damaged.

Have a great weekend guys!

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 12-08-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:53 PM
evdreamer

Thanks for the advice guys. I am in the process of buying a town home. It is about 1100 square feet and has an attached two stall garage. The roof was damaged by hail, so that is the only thing that could delay closing as the seller gets it replaced. I got a buyer's agent to help me find and look at properties. I wanted to stick with 20% down, so that really limited my options. I would prefer a stand alone property, but everything in my price range was built in the 50's to 70's. None of them were in good shape and needed massive work.

That is good you guys enjoyed Thanksgiving. I had a nice dinner with my parents.

John,

That is good to hear you are enjoying the mavic.

I hope you are enjoying the DX9.

Mark,

I enjoyed the Florida weather. We have had some nice weather, so I took the motorcycle out to take advantage of it. It has been pretty cold lately though. I arrived late afternoon on a Sunday and got a flight out Monday morning, so I didn't get to go to the beach.

I didn't think about the flooding for car damage in Florida. I didn't see any visible signs of flood damage.

Congrats on moving into the new house.

Nick
Old 12-10-2017, 08:32 AM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

That's great to hear Mark picture in and in the last stages of getting organized. As I stated before you must just die every time you pull up to the curb and pull up in the driveway and say OMG this is ours!
To answer your question, yes it has the roller like the DX6 I am to be honest I forgot what I had on my DX7. My friend next door has had his, in fact two each of those four years and the only problem he had and I was with him at the time he was flying and the LED screen went black. It did not interfere with him landing is plane at that particular time but it left him naked for the rest of the day so to speak because he could not pick another craft to fly from the menu. At that point he got on the computer and got a two day fast delivery of the black DX 9 and sent the other one in for repair. Horizon Hobby was shocked to see that the screen and got out and did the work for free! You have to remember he's 1200 miles from home and one where down here even though I've only 300 miles from home you have a catastrophic loss like that you're grounded, hence the need for a couple of transmitters. As you noted I still have my adored AirTronics, my DX 6i, and now my new DX 9. The DX 6i will get stuck back in a drawer as a backup or even a trainer off of the DX9. Back to the rolling wheel on the right it feels a lot better than the earlier ones and the menu and the back-lighting of the screen is just incredible and the menus are about is straightforward as the DX6i and in my opinion more than the DX7. Let us not forget all of the Siri like speech this puppy has too. Low battery! Lower battery! Your going to crash if you don't land!!! LOL But seriously the speech is really nice. When I got my DX7 I struggled trying to learn how to use that does it was so different than what I was using before.

That's great that you're getting the guestroom or hobby room set up and getting all of your fly gear in their out of harms way. To think now you'll have a garage you can set up with your tools for making furniture, aquariums charging your batteries just all kinds of things and it's yours and you can make it with shelves encounters anything you want, that your wife will let you have LMAO.

Nick, good to hear from you and glad you're out on your bike riding safely and enjoying a little warmer weather before the snows hit.

Let me say to you first Nick............... congratulations on getting your house what is it with you two guys buying houses all of a sudden maybe I need to go out and get another one too? Sounds like you made all right choices with an agent your down payment and getting a building that didn't need a ton of repair in the near future. Proud to hear that you made this big step in life Nick as well as you should be proud of where you come from when you were a whippersnapper when we were all together here so many years ago. Well done my friend well done.

I'm going to try and attach some videos from our Mavic adventures. A brief explanation, and Blythe California there are "Intaglio's"which are huge figures that can really best be seen from the sky looking down towards Earth. They say these were put down all over the globe by aliens because how large they are as well as........................... scientists have run tests and shown that from the ones we have here which I'm told her the only ones in North America but that's not a fact, is that the hands the arms the feet the pointing of the head all are in direct line with those drawn and other countries like Peru and South America by direct line without any curves. Kind of like the stones at Stonehenge, how did they get there how did they lift them again much like the pyramids so we hope you enjoy the video. The other video is of an old abandoned gold mine we were at yesterday as well as some large stone made signs on the desert floor for the Air Force back in World War II while a were training in this area and downing Yuma Arizona. In those days pilots didn't have compasses so they flew by eye and the stars in the sun. These very large signs put on the ground much like you'd see on the beach from a crashed pilot SOS these are all made out of the great big rocks that are out here football size on the desert floor. The one I'm showing you says Wickenburg 12 miles and there are others we have yet to get that say Ehrenberg this way Wickenburg that way Yuma that way in short. So when the pilots flew over this area they could read these out of their cockpit in know which way to go and how far they had to go.

I do not have the words to explain to you how well these Mavic's are performing. My friend Phil and I take them up to 397 feet which is the max ceiling that DJI puts in the software to meet FAA code. When you look at these photos and videos many are shot from top altitude. Remember the days of trying to get videos from a quad copter or a helicopter without having Jell-O or lines is incredibly easy now with these new high-tech drones.

Okay guys I've got to do some editing on my video from yesterday but I've got a couple that Phil and I have done together and hopefully you'll enjoy.

Last edited by JPEE; 12-10-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:40 AM
JPEE

Blythe California Intaglios from 300 feet

Last edited by JPEE; 12-10-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:41 AM
JPEE

My wife in the opening at the Blythe Intaglios.

Last edited by JPEE; 12-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:41 AM
JPEE

We were in the Arizona Quartzsite Desert north and waaay east of town.

Last edited by JPEE; 12-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:58 AM
evdreamer

John,

Those Intaglios were interesting. Nice video editing job.

It looks like I am going to have a white Christmas. There was a decent amount of snow fall last night. I hope everyone has a good Christmas.

I am getting excited to close on the 29th. It is going to be a cold move in day like it was for my apartment. I am not looking forward to riding my motorcycle in the cold. Luckily it is only about a 5 minute drive from my apartment to the house.

Nick
Old 12-24-2017, 06:38 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Glad to hear the closing is running smoothly for you. Do send us some pic’s of the complex and your unit. You take care in the cold during your move, don’t let your buddies drag in snow on their boots lol. Keep the white Christmas outside.

Question, do you still have a car too for when it snows so you can still get around?

Thanks for the kudos on my drone videos, I have been working hard to learn to fly drone style than heli style, its different for sure...... my buddy and I have been a approched by a guy that makes a Quartzsite AZ “off road“ guide book for a hundreds of miles old mines, cabins, the Integlios and such. He wants to hire us to go caputure photos and videos of these places here so he may publish them in his online version of his travel guide. We are working out the $ now, they are waiting for me to return after Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to both you and Mark!

I don’t recall if I shared with you guys but I had a long converstation with Glenn rotorydoc and he is well and said to tell you guys hello.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:43 AM
Aframomum

John and Nick,

Wishing you two a very Merry Christmas this year.

And Nick, a big congrats to you on your very own place!

Mark
Old 12-25-2017, 07:03 AM
JPEE

Merry Christmas morning to Mark and family! Your first Christmas in your new house what could get better, nothing I suspect. I'll bet your son is running around ripping off paper screaming with excitement this morning.

just think Nick next year will be your year to spend your first Christmas in your new home. That's something to look forward to another step in life.
Best salutations to you both for 2018

JPEE
Old 12-26-2017, 04:06 PM
evdreamer

John,

I still have my Toyota Yaris for winter and getting groceries.

The drone photography sounds like an interesting side business.

I got to leave work early on Friday, so I went to local motorcycle dealers for something to do. I really liked the BMW S1000R with the heated handgrips and cruise control. I never saw a Triumph motorcycle before and those are pretty cool. I got to test ride a Zero DSR electric motorcycle. That was a blast. It can do 0-60 in low 3 seconds. It just threw me to the back of the seat when I went wide open throttle. Their high performance SR street model has more torque than most 1000cc sport bikes. It was a single speed, so my left hand didn't get tired pulling in the clutch. It is belt driven, so the only maintenance is brakes and tires. With regen it is just tires. That is pretty cool and would save a lot of money.

That is good Glenn is doing well.

I had a good time with my family over Christmas.

It has been in the teens the past couple of days, so I can't wait till spring arrives.

Nick
Old 01-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Aframomum

Want to say Happy New Year to you guys!

John, hope you had some nice lobster tails!

Nick, hope you're closing went smoothly and your ringing in the new year in your new place!

Mark
Old 01-02-2018, 05:27 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Happy New Year to you both!

Mark no Lobster and Prime Rib this year. We hung with new neighbors here in the park and decided on spending it together. With the flue crap going around here like wild fire we decided not to do pot luck and rather went to a local BBQ house and ordered beans, slaw and 4 racks of bbq ribs to reheat on NY eve. We sat in our patio and even with the fire it got a bit coldesh!!!! At 9:00 we called it “over” all went home “across the street and next door LOL to get warm. Fun was had by all.

Take care you guys.....

Last edited by JPEE; 01-02-2018 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:27 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I was able to close on my house on time. It was bitterly cold moving. My house was only five minutes away from my old apartment, so I thought I could ride my motorcycle to the house. It snowed a few days before I moved, so there was unpacked snow on the side streets. I was going about 5MPH and had both feet dragging on the ground. My back tire lost traction and I tipped over. Luckily I wasn't hurt. My shifter was bent. However, I couldn't see any other damage. The snow seemed to protect the paint and metal from scratching. After that I started riding on the side walks and arrived safely. I only had summer riding gloves and my hands were close to being frost bitten. I replaced a shower head that looked gross from hard water build up. I removed wall paper from my guest bathroom. I need to replace half of the doors/door frames because they either don't fit or don't latch. Then I need to replace some trim because there are large gaps in some spots. I will do that when it is warm enough to stain the wood in my garage. Otherwise, I am enjoying the house.

John,

I had ribs on the 1st too. My brother in law got a new grill/smoker and wanted to try it out.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.