Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Ryonide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Devil 505

Hi,

i’m Fairly new to flying 3D helicopters. Atm I have a fast devil 505. Was working perfectly until I had a crash. Now I’m having issues of which I thought was brownout, but I have reasons to believe it’s not. I think the crash might have affected my receiver. I installed a voltage meter to sound if the battery down below voltage but nothing wen off and battery was also fine upon checking. The esc is a 120a Hobbywing Platinum v4 well capable of running the motor this helicopter came with. So my question is could it be the revive that keep cutting out due to a fault?

thanks
Old 08-08-2018, 11:48 AM
JPEE

Ryonide,

There can be numerous issues that can be very difficult to track once the heli has gone down! I don’t know how you did your bench testing of your ESC and the BEC output with the load? If it was not load tested then you must consider it a non-test. You can plug it all in on the bench but that is not a true test whether everything is functioning to its specifications!
You said you put a battery alarm on the heli and got no alarm in flight. If it is the small square ones that plug onto batteries balance pigtail that will only sound if the batteries voltage and amperage drop down below where you set the alarm. We set ours to sound at 3.7 per cell. You can have a battery......for discussion purposes will call it a 6S that shows as an example 24-25.1 volt fully charged. However, while you might have the voltage you may not have the amperage left in the battery as they get damaged or get older! In lay terms..... the amperage of a battery is like the octane of gasoline in a car. If your run low octane in a Cadillac is will cough, spit and ping. So you run the premium gas with the high-octane (same amperage for your battery) and the car runs perfect. In my smaller planes I fly some older 4 year old 3S batteries that I know are very weak, but for my glider flying over grass and coast in if there was a real loss of power. When charged they come up to 12.2 volts for the total charge of 4.1 or 4.2 per cell, sounds perfect right. I take off fly around for a bit and then go to pull some altitude with the throttle wide open and my “low voltage alarm sounds off so I land. I do a battery check and I see my pack is still at 3.9 per cell, whaaat?? That’s where we get into the amperage issue does not show visibly by measuring voltage. I do not lose contact with my aircraft but I can loose control during that moment because the battery won’t feed the BEC to pass on the your receiver enough power to run your servos, especially if they are high voltage and digital. Understand this.....that under optimum conditions the longer you fly the weaker your battery gets in your helicopter and the weaker the battery gets in your transmitter during the course of the day, then the distance in which they will talk to each other gets shorter and shorter.
Here’s a couple of tips that you can try. Hello I’ve given you a link to buy a capacitor. Spectrum products have been noted for having brown out so they’ve come up with a capacitor that plugs into your receiver and when your battery is new and fresh it charges up this capacitor. Then during flight the current is just passing through it and it’s on standby but the minute the current goes down because you’re too far away or your battery doesn’t have enough amperage and you’re even close under load that capacitor will jump in the air for that moment and cover that weakness. I would urge you to try this first it’s the cheapest investment you can make. I would also recommend that you set up and re-behind your helicopter to you transmitter, you could have a bug right there after the crash. Remember, there are a lot of electronics in that receiver to make listen to your transmitter. If you smacked the ground there can be a deficiency within that receiver that can be intermittent, like a crack on the board or solder joint has come loose and makes intermittent connectivity. If you’ve got another receiver change it out. I’ve been flying helis and planes for many years and airplanes are forgiving........ if your battery dies you can glide it in to some degree. Helicopters, you can have a motor failure and still auto rotate and come in if you’re experienced. If you lose connectivity to your servos for a dead or shorted battery or a bad receiver or a bad transmitter with corrupted software it drops to the ground like a rock. I’ll throw out for suggestion that if your BEC is failing or is intermittent in your ESC you can buy a separate stand-alone BEC and put 2s cell battery to power that. On my 600 align T Rex I run a 6s for the motor but a separate pack with a separate BEC to run my servos.

Review this material see if may answer some of your questions, good luck!
JPEE

As an example, you would get your bec output spec’s for your type of reciver and then buy the a appropriate capacitor for your system . https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?...iver+capacitor

Last edited by JPEE; 08-08-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

Any update on your A/C?
Old 08-11-2018, 06:20 AM
JPEE

https://www.floridatoday.com/space/

Thank you for asking Mark,

Yes we got the air up last tuesday night at at 7:30 pm. He was still working closing everything up till 10 PM but meanwhile it was running. The house started out at 91° and by midnight we had it to 80 and still falling to the 79 that we usually sleep app so we were able to sleep inside for the first time after 16 days. Just like my diesel Chevy compared to my 12-year-old diesel for the milestones in technology are huge. This unit runs cheaper has a higher velocity of air coming through the vents and a temperature but if you stand close to the event it’s bone chilling! I have been tracking it with the meter in finding that it runs far less in length of time per 24 hour. In the old unit.
One of the side effects of the new unit is the condenser was 4 to 5 inches larger in size outside on the pad that sits with me and my rock flower bed. So now the sprinklers continually hit the condenser which I prefer her not to happen. So I have had to dig and start relocating sprinkler heads and then will have to bring out the stone edging border deeper into the yard and then kill a grass behind it and add more decorative rock. Also part of that is to when you see the picture is put some stones on the ground and around the condenser so the gardeners don’t hit it with their lawn more or get too close with the weedeater throwing dirt and what have you inside the unit. So as you can see I do have some work ahead of me. Again, thank you for your note asking how we were doing. Look at the bottom for the attached photos and I hope you get to see the launch I posted at the top of this note for tomorrow.

Last edited by JPEE; 08-11-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I'm very happy to hear you got your new A/C unit and everything is up and running - and most importantly, you've moved back into your house and not 'roughing it' anymore!

Not too much of a big deal moving the sprinkler heads - check out the flexible pipe sections they offer. It makes moving the sprinkler heads much easier - just screw into the existing pipe with one end and the other to the sprinkler head and you can place the sprinkler head anywhere you want depending on the length of the flex pipe you get (ie. 8", 12" or 18").

Over here I have some good news and bad...the good first!

I did get to see both launches - SpaceX with its Indonesian satellite a few nights ago and the ULA Delta IV last night with its sun exploration probe. I got to see the SpaceX launch in its entirety from lift off to booster descent. The Delta IV I was about 3 minutes late so by the time I got outside it was already just a speck nearing space, but I got to see it so that was nice.

A few pictures of the SpaceX launch:

Mark
Old 08-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Aframomum

And the bad news...
Old 08-13-2018, 05:26 PM
JPEE

Every time I cut the pipes the holes would fill up as that made the entire irrigation systems lowest point! With the clay soil it took a day after to dry up.

Here I could dig deeper and cut the pipe and use a new elbow.

Ok Mark, your pulling my leg on the Bad News....I hope!

Thank you for taking the time snap the photos to share with us. I am glad to got see them both, this is history my friend and you can say you were there! Can you feel the launch vibrations in/at the hospital? Certainly you at least hear it right? Now see on the news tonight that SpaceX had produced a Piloted ship to go to the Space Station whoya! The Astronauts all look sharp and capable too, those guys and gals have spunk to sit on the top of that rocket!

Thanks for asking, yes were back in our house. I must tell that spending 16 days in the garage was like a prison, no windows. It is huger at 840 sq ft but without being able to get up and see daily life out a window was staggering, sincerely! Just glad I had, the garage and the second separate HVAC out there, but glad................. that it's over! !
I almost for got to say that when this heat wave hit us some weeks ago I brought in all 5 planes and 4 helicopters, transmitters and batteries. Then when the AC fail in the house I had to relocate them back to the garage. Then when the AC was fixed they all had to be brought in the house again as the garage inside was just under a 100 today.

Thanks for the tip on the flex pipe. My issue is my pipes at 12" plus deep because I run 6" tall stream rotors. The second gift was.... my gutter underground drains came through both holes :-( One hole had a second irrigation pipe running to a different location. Also I did not want to dig and loos to much grass and I am on clay here, tough sticky digging. Here are two pic's.

You guys take care
Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Aframomum

No leg pulling (I wish), bad news...

That day finally came. Dumb thumbed her into the ground. No extra parts to put her back together either. So I'll clean her up and place her on my shelf as she was one of my favorites.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:10 AM
JPEE

Mark, good morning.

Well now I understand what you meant...... but had not completed when you said you had some bad news. Perhaps there is a silver lining here. First, clean up the heli best as you can and make her a shelf Queen with a long and fun memory. I still have my starter copters (2) Eflite CX 2s, on my shelf along with my first real helicopter, my Blade 400. Now it’s time to start setting a few dollars a week aside towards a Christmas present for yourself, a new heli. I would be remiss if did not say how much your son has grown. I so remember him when you used to take him years ago, he was a wee lad indeed, you should be one happy dad! Look at your crashed heli then look at the young Rocketeer and you will have a smile on your face!

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 08-14-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:17 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
I’m out in the garage goofing around and decided to look up my CX 2s that I spoke of up above and found another little helicopter that I forgot I had. I can’t find my blade 400 I’ve tucked it away somewhere for safekeeping and right now I can’t put my fingers on it LOL. But here’s a couple of photos for you what I found. A P51 too......

Last edited by JPEE; 08-14-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:29 AM
JPEE

Old 08-19-2018, 12:04 AM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

That red CX2 was my introduction to heli's so many ages ago, talk about a blast from the past! I purchased it just before Christmas and it spent a lot of time in the Christmas tree rather than hovering around my little apartment. Lol!

I've finished cleaning up my downed heli. I need to see if I can straighten out the landing gear a bit that way she can sit up and be proud! I also removed all the electronics and finished cleaning all the sand and dirt off them. I need to test them out and make sure the gears are not damaged. I think this will be a perfect time to open up all the servo's and visually check the gears and maybe regrease them while I have them opened up. I would like to use them on my next heli, which I would like to keep with the 550 size.

Of heli's, I'm still undecided. My son asked me when I was going to get another big helicopter. Too funny! I've already been browsing the classifieds to see what is out there and what pricing they are kicking around. I've also seen some new releases of older model heli's so I need to brush up on the updates that have been released.

As to your irrigation issues - here's a picture of what I had to work with and how I used the flex pipe that I told you about. I like the idea you did with the drain pipe for your gutter run-off. Maybe some ideas for you...

Mark
Old 08-21-2018, 01:36 PM
JPEE

Tnis is the side damage

I put the same metal on bothside to maintain the aesthetic look of the front of the trailer.

Homemade metal bending Brake to get the right degree on the bend.
Hello Mark thanks for the post.

That will be great if you can get the landing gear straightened out so you can set her on the shelf and take her place as a “Shelf Queen”! That is a brilliant idea to take apart the gears and check for any broken teeth and as you mentioned re-grease as needed. Are your servos nylon or metal gears? All in all I’m glad you were able to save the electronics battle really pay down the line when you get another Heli. I know you have the 550 and perhaps you want to look for an Align 550 or one of the older 600 like I have. My older 600 that I fly takes 1 ea. 6S battery. There was a guy last week that had a 700e for sale with all the bells and whistle’s for $800, I darn near jumped on it it was so cheap. But for me my impulsiveness has to be managed, I have such a large fleet overall now I really don’t need another 700. I will wish you good luck on finding a chassis that suits your needs.

Thank you for the photos of the bendable PVC pipe. I didn’t understand what you were explaining when you told her you were using those earlier. I have two with those in my junk box in the belly of my toy hauler should I ever break up pipe somewhere in the system I can just screw those in and goodbye. Clearly you cannot run hot water through those I don’t think they’re made for that. For your use their in that sandy soil without rocks I think that’s a real good fix for you.

Been working on a project yesterday and today. I accidentally in parking my cargo trailer got it too close to my outbuilding and caught the rain gutter on the building and poked a nice hole in the front of the trailer up top by the roof. I bought a sheet of 16th inch aluminum diamond plate to match the rest of the trailer for the repair. Then I cut to size the pieces I needed. The real work came in me creating a homemade Metal bending Brake to get the angle for the V-Nose on the front of the trailer where it meets the side. Not wanting the trailer look unbalanced aesthetically I made one for the other side as well.

I just now took out my set in place garage door jam with the termite work was done coated it with the green termite killer that you see on the pressure-treated wood you get at Home Depot or Lowe’s slap that all over the place and then closed it up and screwed it in. I’ve got my painter coming over here in another week or so to caulking trim that all up as well as paint my fence is I put up that’ll be one project 100% done.

Here’s a couple of pics of the trailer and the makeshift metal bending brake I made out of 2 inch steel angle iron with a sharp outside corner to get that tight corner I need it in my belt material.

Take care JPEE
Old 08-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Sorry to hear about your 'backing up mishap' but your solution was ingenious! I applaud your homemade metal bending press - very impressive! And the trailer repair looks as though it came with those metal sections from the factory. Did you do the work in the middle of the night when the temps were more bearable?!

Congrats on nearly finishing up the garage termite repairs. I forgot about the green spray you can get at HD/Lowes - bet that will keep any future infestations out.

Almost got yourself a second 700 aye? That impulse buying can be real hard to resist at times!

Speaking of good deals - I got myself a new heli 2 days ago from the HF classifieds. I had been looking since crashing my Fusion and had been holding out as some of the deals were just too high or ridiculous. I had planned to get a frame and install my electronics into it and keep it at 6S...but, just by chance I checked the classifieds at 5am and saw a new listing posted for a frame with all the electronics for $525. And this was a stretched frame so its a 600 size and has electronics for 12S - will be my first 12S machine! Here's a picture of it:
Very excited!

Mark
Old 08-24-2018, 07:42 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for you Kudos on the my trailer repairs. NO night work lol.......but I did hit each side in the a.m. two days in a row. There was more work than meets the eye in the metal prep and cutting and knocking off the rough edges, thanks again!

Termites, I saw no activity so it was time to close it up. Because of the termites the three adjoining 2x4s that the door jamb meets having some thin spots I used 3" deck screws rather than 16 d nails to assure a good long lasting grip for that door jamb. To be clear, the door jam carries "no load" and is meant more for aesthetics.

OMG! did you hit pay dirt my friend!!!! I love it, a Goblin........"*****en A". You are going to love that thing, some of friends had those and we all tickled with them, you have to love the total fuselage making it look like it is ripping through the sky even when just sitting there. I am so happy for you, really my friend. After your recent accident with the other heli it turns all now you will be in a better place. She is the just the size you wanted plus the stretch to a 600 so cool. Talking mechanics for a moment, when they stretched that heli do they sell a longer matching tail part of the fuse to hide the stretch?

Lastly, what I can see of your back yard, it looks like a Park, the rock, bark, and so on all make it look well groomed.

Congrats and take care
Old 08-24-2018, 05:02 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I haven’t bought a cam yet. I keep forgetting and I want to do some research before buying one.

That is cool seeing the rockets launch from your perspective.

Sorry to see your heli broken.

Congrats on the new heli.

John,

Sorry to hear about your A/C system. I haven’t used my A/C this year trying to save money. The extra $150 a month saved in electricity sure has helped. That is good your new A/C is working much better.

It looks like you have been busy moving the sprinkler system.

Your trailer looks good.

Nick
Old 08-24-2018, 05:28 PM
JPEE

Originally Posted by evdreamer
mark,

i haven’t bought a cam yet. I keep forgetting and i want to do some research before buying one.

That is cool seeing the rockets launch from your perspective.

Sorry to see your heli broken.

Congrats on the new heli.

John,

sorry to hear about your a/c system. I haven’t used my a/c this year trying to save money. The extra $150 a month saved in electricity sure has helped. That is good your new a/c is working much better.

It looks like you have been busy moving the sprinkler system.

Your trailer looks good.

Nick
thanks nick, thats great your saving all of the money toughing it out without using your a/c. I commend you for your efforts to strive and get ahead in this world.

Jpee
Old 08-28-2018, 10:19 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Just finished up another 5 day O/T sprint so now with a day off I can get a bit caught up...

Nick - I second the commend to you for not using your AC. Do you really use an extra $150 a month using it? Why not try setting the thermostat for something a bit high, 80 ~ 81 that way you don't sit in too much misery. Fans help tremendously too, box and then if money is available ceiling ones. Lastly, running the AC strictly at night can give you some relief and it won't run nearly as long as during the day. Just some ideas for you as we wrap up this years summer.

JPEE - sorry for misleading you as the picture I posted was from the ad and is someone elses backyard. I just wanted to show what the heli looks like. I just received the heli today and am very grateful to the seller as he did a superb job of packing it. Had everything wrapped in bubble wrap, used a very large box, and filled it with styrofoam popcorn to finish it off. Heli arrived in perfect condition. I didn't realize it came with a Brain flybarless controller - a nice surprise indeed. Don't know if I'll try using the Brain or stick with my trusty BeastX.

How did the sprinkler job come out? Or still working on it?

Here in Florida, for some unknown reason, they don't put gutters on the houses. Why, Why, Why??? So you have to find a company to get gutters on your house if you want them. Surprisely, not too many neighbors have gotten them. Luckily I had the chance to talk with a neighbor that did get them and had a good family owned company recommended, and so had the front of the house installed for less than $250 back in June (seamless and even came in matching colors to the house). I recently discovered that the back sliding glass door floods with really heavy rains (the track section). Our old rental house did the same thing (had to use towels during the hurricanes and really bad storms). With the O/T we are going to be getting the back done next week - as now we are coming up on the busy hurricane time, September. We decided to do the house in sections as to lessen the sting of the entire house quote, plus they offered that it could be done in stages, so that was nice.

I just about finished with the Fusion clean up and replacement of damaged parts best to my ability with the parts I did have available. I got very lucky in the crash in that the boom didn't get damaged/bent at all. I'll pick up some really cheap main blades to finish her up - just doesn't look right without the mains you know?

That's about it over here. Really happy summers coming to a close. Yeah, the heat might still be around but the days are getting shorter and that's a big plus - when I get off in the morning I have to use my headlights as its still dark out. A month ago I still had to use my sunglasses b/c the sun was already up!

Mark
Old 08-29-2018, 08:35 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

The sprinklers are complete and all is well there my friend. Our as it is called here Water and Power Bill comes every 60 days. This bill also includes trash pick up too and then a host of taxes. During this season of A/C time it is not uncommon to have a $1200.00-$1500.00 bill. of course as you pick yourself up off the floor from that sentence it vary's from house to house. Often my bill might be in winter $600-$850 but the guy across the streets bill is $1000.00. My other neighbor is more in line with me and he might be within a $100 of me, It is not cheap to live in California my friend. NO worries on the back yard photos, your yard will look like that soon, it all comes with time and overtime so to speak. that is wonderful news that the heli arrived safe and sound. Hope you give a him a good rating on EBAY, sounds like he earned it. That's nice the guy threw in the brain...........but like you said, your are familiar with your BestX so best to stay with that. Yeppers get the old lady some cheap-oh blades and get her mounted on a shelf....cool. Water coming in slider, crap.............I would turn that in to Builder now for resolution as gutters will help but won't do anything when the winds are blowing water against the window and the track. Often when sliders are delivers they are the windows and the track is flat in an a package and has to be assembled! If that was not done correctly, or if the flashing was not done correctly this can be a lifelong issue. Please take my advice on this and contact the Contractor so there is a milestone record started if and after they check it out and make a repair. Records are important Mark! I too used the seamless gutters and they are great but I too this last winter away found my sliding door track leaked. It took a while for ot try and figure where the leak was and there was a small crack in the stucco and the bottom left track corner looked iffy. So I took out the loos stucco right at the base fountain and the wall and re stuccoed it. Then I with care cleaned and caulked with clear silicone that corner of the track. This was in 2016 March when we came home and found that the base board pulled away and out shutters were damaged! So after those repairs we let it go through 2017 to 2018 winter and had our house caretaker come in an check the carpet for wetness and the base board too. Well my work paid off, no more leaking. Please see the attached photo.

My new Bixler went in last Saturday, sadly. For no reason she started looping and I had no control. Long story short, when she went behind the trees I shut her down and we went to hunt for her. It looks terrible but.............I can re-glue the front part of the fuse, the wing is not broken (accept) the tabs at wings inward side that held the wing into place. So that can be CAed in the fuse thus making it fixed into the fuse forever. NON of my clevis's were broken, all rods were in place, perhaps the used RX went bad or a servo died in flight. Yesterday I bought some fresh CA and hope have her back up this Saturday.

Well have fun with the new heli build..........................when you have some time and don't work to hard.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:35 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Really sorry to hear about your new Bixler going in like that. Hopefully you have her all repaired and the electronics tested and/or replaced so you don't have another out-of-control loop-D-loop.

I just got finished with my first lipo purchase...ouch! Got a pair of GensAce from Amainhobbies. Going to start with just one pair so I can get my heli flying a bit before I get another pair.

Have to get back to work now. Just wanted to do a quick update...

Mark
Old 09-01-2018, 02:09 PM
JPEE

Originally Posted by Aframomum
Hi JPEE,

Really sorry to hear about your new Bixler going in like that. Hopefully you have her all repaired and the electronics tested and/or replaced so you don't have another out-of-control loop-D-loop.

I just got finished with my first lipo purchase...ouch! Got a pair of GensAce from Amainhobbies. Going to start with just one pair so I can get my heli flying a bit before I get another pair.

Have to get back to work now. Just wanted to do a quick update...

Mark
Mark, things have been going pretty good, I set a pot of boiling water up and then dipped the Bixler nose in there and with gloves on got it 98% straight! Now I have to glue everything back in place. But before gluing I first did a bench set of the electrics and again the flaps while working, they would not move together on every motion and one would by itself jump around a bit from time to time! So I disconnected the HK servo reverser link and the jumping flap stopped! So that has lead me to believe that the HK reversing device sucks or the servo is bad which I doubt. Next step is to put back in the HK reverser with a new bench servo and see how it acts. Lastly, there are the three choices, 1, simply abandon the flaps and glue the wings in the fuse forever or, 2 buy a reversed servo factory made or, 3 flip my servo over on the wing and cut a new pocket to fit the servo in that position and again glue the wings in the fuse because their locking tabs were broken off in the crash. I prefer the latter resolutions than to just disconnect them, its the of principle of the matter for me. OOPS, as explained above I think that one flap jumped its position and thats why the plane started the death spiral!

Congratulations on the new heli again AND-that it’s a 2 pack 25 vt. You are gonna be so surprised of the power and it heft in the air but still nimble due to its on board power house! Color me smiling for you :-)
We will be expecting some photos along the way of your build.

John
Old 09-03-2018, 07:18 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I cannot get over the price you pay for utilities - my gosh! Even if the bill is every 2 months that is still...high! Now wonder you put solar to power your garage.

My neighbor and I both have the flooding issue with the back sliding door and when submitted to the warranty department they stated gutters would end the flooding issue. Nice reply aye? Blame it on lack of gutters causing the water to splash up on the door and causing the leakage. Well, we will see if the gutters really do stop the problem. If not then we will be having the door people come out to take a look.

Glad you got the Bixler hammered out, so to speak. Crazy the crash was caused by a possibly malfunctioning servo reverser. I would do a bit of surgery and flip the servo so you won't have any electrical issues next time. But definitely do not do without the flaps! Whats the point of getting a plane with them and not use them? Thats my theory!

I got over my shock of the purchase costs of the 2 lipo's. I guess I naively thought a lower C rating and mah would be significantly less than my current 5000 mah lipos. Not really too much of a difference. I could go with less expensive HK lipo's but after seeing the difference using the GensAce verses the Zippy on my Fusion its night and day so worth the cost in the end. Here's a picture of my current work table - was my wood cutting work bench but does the job nicely for a hobby table too!
Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM
JPEE

Originally Posted by Aframomum
Hi JPEE,

I cannot get over the price you pay for utilities - my gosh! Even if the bill is every 2 months that is still...high! Now wonder you put solar to power your garage.

My neighbor and I both have the flooding issue with the back sliding door and when submitted to the warranty department they stated gutters would end the flooding issue. Nice reply aye? Blame it on lack of gutters causing the water to splash up on the door and causing the leakage. Well, we will see if the gutters really do stop the problem. If not then we will be having the door people come out to take a look.

Glad you got the Bixler hammered out, so to speak. Crazy the crash was caused by a possibly malfunctioning servo reverser. I would do a bit of surgery and flip the servo so you won't have any electrical issues next time. But definitely do not do without the flaps! Whats the point of getting a plane with them and not use them? Thats my theory!

I got over my shock of the purchase costs of the 2 lipo's. I guess I naively thought a lower C rating and mah would be significantly less than my current 5000 mah lipos. Not really too much of a difference. I could go with less expensive HK lipo's but after seeing the difference using the GensAce verses the Zippy on my Fusion its night and day so worth the cost in the end. Here's a picture of my current work table - was my wood cutting work bench but does the job nicely for a hobby table too!
Hello Mark, as I said, California is one of the most expensive states to live in. LOL, with some of the hot weather leaving us KINDA I lowered my watering day from 7 to 4 and I'll see how they do.

I think you and your neighbor better stick close together on this leaking track. That is so much BULL that YOU need gutters to stop the track leak. Like I said early on, what happens when the wind blows the rain at the door? If you two stick together I would get a letter out to the Manufacture and ask what the parameters are as to what weather they can handle before leaking! Once you have that.........then I would go to small claims court and sue for damages. No matter what you need to "memorialize" in writing every conversation, email and phone call you have regarding this with dates and time. It is absurd to tell you with gutters the problem will be abated. Me, I would not get the gutters until all else fails, even if you want them, don't assist the builder till this matter is closed. Make that call to the manufacture.
I was just one line with HK and bought some new RX's in orange that Phil uses that have never browned out like the factor Spektrum do on occasion, so those are on the way. Yesterday reviewing the BIX I was online and ready to order from Motion RC and reversed servo BUT then it hit me, you can't use two different brand of servos because their tooth count and speed will be different and I will be right back to square one! So I am going to try and reverse the servo in there myself and see how that goes. Should that not work out then I will buy two new LIKE servos, one reg, one rev and get them in. Absolutely..........I bought the plane for the flaps..........I do not want to abandoned them.
You can't go wrong with Gens. If you remember I started with Gens and they lasted for YEARS! Then I fell off the truck and bought Glacier which were supposed to be Gens re-branded, nope! They worked well but later all lost power waaaay before the Gens and they all bloated, and you know how well I care for my packs. So this last Thanksgiving BLACK FRIDAY I bought 4 new Gens 5000ma 45C and the deal was, the 4th was free after the discounts they applied! Remember, the C rating is the power you can throw at the pack and raw heavy amperage. The 5000 mah is how long the battery will fly your craft.....in general speaking terms. Another thing is, Phil used to fly Zippies and or HK packs. So one day I let him fly my ship and he was shocked at how light and and airy she felt. He then landed and put a try of my MUCH MUCH LIGHTER Gens in his heli and that was it, he was sold. He has tried the Green Fusions I think they are called and one other brand, really how is a guy gonna know until he flies another brand. It comes down to.......sometimes when your trying to save some $ it may cost you more in the end or later.

Your works space is sweet and does the job well and you get to stay in the house where the temp environment is controlled for your comfort. Rockets OUTSIDE.....LOL

Take care and I hope your Labor Day weekend was a good one!

JP
Old 09-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

My Labor Day was nice. We spent most of the morning shopping - my wife was able to pick up a bunch of stuff to make her Halloween village, Michael's of course! Then we spent the rest of the day at Game Time (kind of like Dave and Busters, but more for children) where my son had a blast. They even have a restaurant that has a decent menu so that was a good time.

The gutters were put up this morning as we had a tropical storm breeze past us this weekend, so it rained too much for them to install over the weekend. I was planning to get the gutters for the back some time ago even before I saw the track leaking. I do plan to contact the door manufacture to see what they have to say about the leaking track. I have not yet contacted the warranty department as yet, want to get everything together first. I was just repeating what my neighbors had told me about their conversation with the warranty people. Will let you know what the manufacture has to say...

I hope the servo's from Motion aren't too pricey. Good idea on getting 2 of the same rather than having different types in there.

My lipo's came in yesterday, yes on Labor Day! I have been browsing ProgressiveRC's website as I need to pick up a parallel charging system with EC5's. I have an older parallel board that had powerpole extensions on it but sometime last spring I started having issues charging multiple packs - I think one of the solder connections may have broken. The board is old (and outdated) so I didn't bother to contact Progressive. Since I only had 2 good batts for my Fusion (the 2 5000mah Gensace) I would just charge them one at a time - usually took 40 minutes for both.

But now that I plan to eventually have 4 of the Gensace (45C 3300), I'll need a working parallel system. I have been considering the 'squiddy' parallel wires instead of the board. I like with the wires I'll more room for hooking the lipos up whereas with the board everything was bunched up. Maybe that is what lead to the possible solder break.

Mark
Old 09-05-2018, 10:31 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

What couple does not spend time in Michaels? My Judy has paid for their new wing over the last few years lol.. Glad you all had a family day. I have never heard of Dave and Busters???? I looked it up thinking it was n East Coast thing and found we have one about 2 miles from us. But looking at the photos this is a young adult like bar and restaurant. It googles as a bar BUT I went back and they had a 40 photo array for the place and now I can see the games there too.

Sounds like a sound plan for the gutter install and which way to take action if needed with the window mfg if it goes that far.

I think the servos were like $12.00 for the reverser servo. But as I said, not wanting to tear both wings apart to replace two servos I will try that video you sent me and do the solder thing and reverse it myself. I doubt I would do this for an Aileron because of the crash factor, but for flaps, heck yea.

I know your looking at the Squids for parallel charging but I really light these board, they hefty and I have, 2 EC5’s, 1 X60, 1EC3 and have never had a failure.

I sent a video to your email

https://www.buddyrc.com/catalogsearc...=+paraboard+v3

Take care JP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.