Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
crf450rider07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400

Hey guys i was just seeing if any of you all have or have flown the blade 400? It will be my first 3d chopper, i have flown a cx2 but that dont really count. I just dont want to buy something cheap or junk and waste my money when i could have bought the blade 400. So im just asking if the blade 400 will be too much for me to start on or can i just be careful with it and take it slow. thanks
Old 08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Blade 400

I received mine last Monday, I am loving it to death, it's my first chopper all together, I got about close to 20 runs on it so far, the power and smoothness is great, the value is unbelievable, DX6i radio alone is worth buying it. Only thing I had to do after taking it out of the box was balancing the main blades they were off by a little, typical of cheap wood blades, but corrected with tape.

Here are some pictures of it in stock form. http://www.revtotheredline.com/gallery/5557449_FUvzu

And just to let you know the only experience I had previous to buying this, with helicopters was in video games, NOT simulators, I have had no RC related experience, I've taken baby steps with it, I've been told by a 6+ year experienced pilot that I am doing amazingly well and learning fast. 3D helis are not impossible to learn on, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
xyster101

You will be impressed. I bought a CX2 around this time last year, then went to a single rotor fixed pitch cheapie heli and then in April picked up the Blade 400. Out of the box mine flew great, but check things over first. The servos people will say need upgrading, to be honest they are decent unless you crash. Upon crashing usually the servo gears will strip which is only $4 a set. I got tired of replacing them and went with some Hi tec 65 servos. Those gears also strip, so I put some metal gears in them and no problems since.
The wooden blades are good. I have never had a problem with them. They are usually within 0.5 of a gram out of the package and require only minor balancing. The stock charger is ok for now, but mine is having trouble charging the batteries after 300+ charges. My gyro also died after 9 hard crashes! Otherwise it is a cheap way to get into CP with a nice radio and everything you need!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Slyster

LOVE IT!

Be sure to view the Blade400 Bible
http://www.slyster.com/heli
Old 08-12-2008, 05:32 AM
simmo8

hey mate
the best 500 buks i have ever spent in my life i would upgraid the servos straight away coz they are crappy
i have been talking to the guys in the hobby shop and they recon the fiberglass blades from align are the best to lurn on from memory they are a little cheaper than wood too
take it easy use training gear and you will be fine
happy flying

simmo
Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
CrT-RaCeR

I have bought the Blade 400 2 weeks ago, i love it to death also. In a minor crash (blade strike while landing the servos stripped) a week later the gyro went in mid air flight (got it down with no damage) Also the battery died after 10 cycles. These are flaws i intend to replace. I upgraded to a futaba 401 gyro, and 65mg servos foy cylic. And a hitec 56hb for tail. Never had a problem since. I will be buying some CS or Zippy batterys for it very soon. These eflite batterys are not quality at all. The only experience was video games (had a flight sim but always flew planes) and a blade cx for a month before i got rid of it. Right now im tempted to do some loops with it, hopefully i wont wreck it!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

The stock servos ARE GOOD, if you avoid hard landings and crashes which I haven't had yet, regardless of them being made by E-Flight or whatever they are rebadged from, probably any plastic gear servo will break and some metal gear ones, in the event of a crash, I haven't had any problem with my stock servos yet. I still want to upgrade them though in the near future, just cause I like to upgrade every RC I own, even if it's a pointless reason.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Broken Blade
My Feedback: (5)

I had a Belt CP and a Honeybee FP but sold the Belt to get a Blade 400. I like it lots and parts seem cheaper than the Belt's and most all hobby shops carry parts. I had a little mishap today and was able to get all the parts and fixed it flew it already. The Belt CP is nice but the Blade seems more professional. The TX is much better than the Belt's. I messed up 2 servos today too so maybe they could use an upgrade but they do ok. I still love the Honeybee FP though. It's not as threatening.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 AM
simmo8

B400 is scary compared to a FP
Old 08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Slyster

The sock servos are NOT fine. Many reports about them stripping just in normal flight.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
CrT-RaCeR

The stock servos are crappy, i use them on a foamie plane with good success, but this heli is too big, i like flying violently...and i tested the stock servos, put it in idle up a,d thrashed it around in the air, and fell back to mother earth...servo stripped, changed feather shaft and main shaft, put my hitec 65-mg's in, and a futaba 401 gyro (hated the stock 1 with a passion, went through 2 of them before i said enough is enough) and i been flying this thing for a week straight, no crashes, no tip overs, This is 3 weeks after i bought it, with no sim practice and just flew a CX before. This is a very good heli, i can hover it hands off, thats how stable it is...set that heli up, and it will fly like a dream, also carbon fiber blades are nice too, i used 1 set for 3 weeks, crash after crash...the stock ones disintegrate and the carbons fly better and track better. Im using the eflite ones made for the b400.