Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 400 Stupid Questions*

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 Stupid Questions*

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 Stupid Questions*

I just recieved my blade 400 today.. A few questions.. how tight should the Screws by that hold the Blades inplace... Also how do I setup my Receiver.. I have a AR6100e.. Also can you fly without a ELEV D/R I received one with my DX6i and it had broken off.... Or also If I could replace it somehow. Thanks They seem like really stupid questions but I don't know them and Know they sound stupid to you guys...
Old 09-11-2008, 02:27 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Default RE: Blade 400 Stupid Questions*

You can fly w/o that switch, i never used it once anyway. The blades should be in the grips firm, not tight but not too loose, if you grab the head, and you shake it, the blades shouldn't move much...I always guessed
Old 09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Ok thanks.. Im guessing those Switches are replacable because I will just go ahead and do that...And also can you replace the one for the Pitch ( I think ) Thing that adjust how the Heli will fly foward or reverse... The switch works but it is loose and you have to push it in to adjust... Also How Do I setup the Receiver... Not sure where each servo plugs in and The gyro... Yeah I also made them about that tight.. Thats what I figured because if to tight one crash and your in trouble.. I left mine a BIT loose.. I can move them by hand.. Thanks guys for helping in advance also.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Slyster

bookmark the b400 bible! http://www.slyster.com/heli
Old 09-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Missileman

The blades need to be able to track. The tightness has nothing to do with crash results.
Every setup instruction I ever saw said the same thing and is the way I set up all of my helis.
The blades should be tight enough so if you hold the heli on its side they will not fall of their own weight but if you shake the heli they should.
If they are too tight the heli will wobble badly when spooling up because the blades cannot move properly.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 AM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Question:

What does the "Gain" knob do on the gyro of the 400? I am new, flew it for the first time last night and she's awesome! It tends to strafe to the left while off the ground. What do I do with that gain knob?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Thunkco

The strafing is common to all tail rotor heli's. You will notice that when you do get it in to a nice stable hover it is tilted on its side a bit. The strafe and tilt is the tail rotor pushing the copter sideways. Once a few feet off the ground the strafe should stop or be minimal.