Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blades - Boiling and More

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blades - Boiling and More

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 AM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blades - Boiling and More

As a newbie, I have come across reference to balancing and boiling blades. Would someone please explain this process - it's whys and hows - in a very simple manner? Or refer me to a place where this has been done.

Willow[]
Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 PM
JPEE

Default RE: Blades - Boiling and More

Hello Willow,

As asked her is the information on blade boiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNv8OlG6GQ

The reason for this task is to improve on the "trueness" of the blade and how it cuts into the air. This will help you hold a hover and stablize you heli. While at YouTube look up CX2 Blade Balancing too.

Re your battery question, I have been in the hobby for a year and know of nothing one can do to pump up a battery beyond its designed power band of 800 850 900 etc. by using any special charger. I will share that a better than stock charger will in fact better BALANCE the batteries two cells equally which will extend your flights. Go to Horizon Hobby or Horizon Zone and look at the EFLITE C505 which is one of several charges I have, she is a keeper.

NOTE here is the blade balance site for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15h9G37VDEU

Goood luck JPee
Old 11-02-2008, 12:16 PM
sgsterling

When it comes to CX and CX2 heli I use the following guide. Written by soloboss, who seems to have these critters down to a science. And he writes so you can understand it. If you are new to the CX, lots can and will go wrong as you bend it up flying into things, dropping it, kill the batteries from running them too far down, etc. Plus at some point you start wearing parts and want to hop it. This guide helps understand it all.

http://www.heli-wiki.com/mediawiki/i..._and_CX2_Setup
Old 11-02-2008, 12:35 PM
JPEE

Willow, I second that! Soloboss is the Yoda for CX2

JPee
Old 11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
soloboss

JPEE,
Thanks for the kind words. Your comment of "is the Yoda for CX" is an interesting note. I take responsibility for the text and photos, and the actual publication in the Wiki site was done by a Jim, aka Drunk Yoda. Credit where credit is due.

Blue Skies!
Soloboss
Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
willowarune

Many thanks to all! I will spend the next few days working on this and get back to you when it is all working the way it should - hopefully...

Willow
Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Just an FYI, I resisted the idea of boiling my blades for the longest time. But a couple of weeks ago, I deceided to give it a test on a small batch of blades that I have and I must say that I am happy with the results! It won't keeep you from destroying them on a crash, but it will help your CX2 fly better.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
JPEE

Soloboss
AH yes that is true, a bit of a slip on my behalf. Credit is due where credit was/is earned. God Bless him for the path he is on.

JPee