Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:53 AM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries

Again a newbie question...

Batteries. Okay I have two Blade CX2s with teh charger that came with them. There are other chargers and from what I have read, you can get one of these expensive products and pump up the batteries more. Or you can get new batteries that go up from 750 to 800 to 900. Would someone please explain the sciene of batteries (and motors, for that matter) to this poor simple lady who is only a small step up from draining the electricity by unscrewing a light bulb.

Willow
Old 11-02-2008, 12:10 PM
JPEE

Default RE: Batteries

ORIGINAL: willowarune

Again a newbie question...

Batteries. Okay I have two Blade CX2s with teh charger that came with them. There are other chargers and from what I have read, you can get one of these expensive products and pump up the batteries more. Or you can get new batteries that go up from 750 to 800 to 900. Would someone please explain the sciene of batteries (and motors, for that matter) to this poor simple lady who is only a small step up from draining the electricity by unscrewing a light bulb.

Willow
willow check your other post.....JPEE
Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
BryFlyGuy67

I'll keep this short.

The stock batteries from E-Flight are only designed for the stock Heli.

You would be better served by getting better batteries.

You want 15C+ and 900 mAH. Get something that is designed for the CX2, like www.readyheli.com sells.

If you decide that you are hooked on this hobby, start looking for a better charger / balancer than what E-Flite supplies.

PM me if you want more info.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
nargargle

If you buy new batteries make sure they have the same balance tap since your E-flight charger uses it to charge your batteries. E-flight uses what is ofter called an Align balance tap. If you get a new charger you will most likely have to buy a separate balancer and other hardware. It can be a very deep rabbit hole to climb out of. You may want to check in the battery forums and do some reading there. Lots of info, just takes some time to read and make sence of it all. Best of luck
Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 PM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

My thanks to all! I am really trying to get this straight!

Willow