Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

E flight charger/ lipo WOES

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E flight charger/ lipo WOES

Old 11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
justinep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E flight charger/ lipo WOES

I have the cx2 stock charger and it charges my aftermarket 950mah lipos no problem but, now (for no reason at all) when I attach the stock 800mah lipo it just blinks red (wall power indicator). I unwrapped the lipo and all the balance-tab wires are ok.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

thanks
Old 11-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: E flight charger/ lipo WOES

Haven't played with the charger for that model, but the charger that came with my Blade 400 was pretty cheesy....

I'm guessing that the one you got was something similar, so with that in mind I'd suggest you get yourself a real Li-Po capable charger considering how much trouble one can get into with Li-Po batteries. If you're going to keep playing with them a new safer/better charger would seem to be in order?

Right now, FMA has the little CellPro 4S on sale for $49.95 and you'll need the E-flite adapter which runs about $10.00. It'll balance charge your batteries and check for bad cells while it's doing it, puts out up to 4 amps and is the only one anywhere near that price range which does active balance vs. passive. i.e. it will bring up the low cells as it charges, rather than discharging the high cells before it starts charging like most balancing chargers, so it's faster.

JMHO, YMMV...

http://www.fmadirect.com/products.htm?cat=45&nid=4
Old 11-27-2008, 01:20 PM
justinep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E flight charger/ lipo WOES

Yeah, swut I figured! I have a few good lipo chargers on hand.. I just need to add a 2s balancer tab on the charger side since I mostly use 3s+ in other models.

Thanks, Ill get on it. I was hoping for another quick fix ahahaha