Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Problem with BLADE CX2 not binding

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Problem with BLADE CX2 not binding

Old 12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
gorehound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with BLADE CX2 not binding

Hi

I am just getting into RC helis after many years with the tanks and cars and bought myself a new BLADE CX2. I have had nothing but problems with the thing since getting it 5 weeks ago and am lucky if I have has 2 minutes in the air. The problem is I cannot get the thing to bind with the transmitter. I have tried every combination know to man and it has only ever worked twice for me - the first time I took it out and the first time it came back from the shop where I returned it but they said it was fine. I switch on the transmitter (which reads 6.1v) and then plug the battery into the heli. The red light flashes several times on the speed controller and then goes to alternating red and green. There is no red light showing on the transmitter at this point.

I tried rebinding using the plug that came with it but it still does not want to respond. Also tried two different batteries in the heli both fully charged.

Any assistance I can get would be greatfully received as it will cost me another £10 to send it back to the supplier and I fear he will then say it worked fine for him.

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-23-2008, 07:29 PM
JPEE

Default RE: Problem with BLADE CX2 not binding

Gorhound let me ask you a question. When you try the re-bind is your thottle stick shut down to it off position?

JPEE
Old 12-23-2008, 07:31 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

Yes, the throttle is at the bottom along with the associated trim. All other trims and sticks are in the mid position as per the instructions.

Thanks
Gorehound
Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM
JPEE

R U putting the binding plug on the terminal mark BATTERY on the receiver?

JPee
Old 12-23-2008, 07:42 PM
gorehound

Yes, as per the instructions. It is frustrating as it did work on the two separate occasions without having to attach the bind plug and apparently at the shop when returned [:@]

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
JPEE

Gorhound,

It has been s long since i did this, I just did a re-bind on my CX2 right now in real time to refresh myself.

1. I put the bind plug on the top pins marked BATTERY on the reciever.
2. Plugged in the heli battery.
3. The receiver then began to flash in yellow very rapidly and the 3-1 was gogin RED to GREEN
4. I then turned on the TRANSMITTER and it flashed on the bttom right in RED rapidly.
5. In just a few seconds it stopped flashing RED, the heli receiver stopped flashing yellow and just stayed yellow.
The 3-1 stopped flashing RED to GREEN and green, then the servos centered themselves. In the next moment the GREEN light stopped flashing and stayed GREEN and it flew.

6. OOPS.... once this is all done UNPLUG the binding loop wire. Unplug heli battery., turn off radio.
7. Turn on radio, plug in heli battery and se how she goes

I hope this helps..............gonna dash off to east for 30 min I'll be back.

JPee
Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

I will give this a try in the morning as the heli is packed in the box just now and it is nearly 1am here so I need to go to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow []. I will report back tomorrow how I get on with this.

Thanks you for the help so far, it is appreciated.

cheers and good night

Gorehound
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Carljw

You should also have your throttle trim centerd like the other two.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Evan T.

make sure you are holding the trainer switch before you turn on the tx and remain holding it while it is binding
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
JPEE

Hello Carl and Evan,

Carl, tonight I have found that the 3-1 will not lock in and turn on solid green unless the throttle is closed. I just tried your way "live" and while yes! it will bind..... it will not let the 3-1 lock on to a solid green for flight. You still have to shut down the throttle to get a green fly signal.

Evan, sorry you are mistaken. Only the DX6i requires the timer/trainer switch to be held up to bring the transmitter into BIND mode. The LP5DSM does not require that step. It is for these reasons that I was not sure either on several of these points that I tore my CX2 down and did the re-binding tonight three times to test these theories.

Smiles JPee
Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello Carl and Evan,

Carl, tonight I have found that the 3-1 will not lock in and turn on solid green unless the throttle is closed. I just tried your way "live" and while yes! it will bind..... it will not let the 3-1 lock on to a solid green for flight. You still have to shut down the throttle to get a green fly signal.

Evan, sorry you are mistaken. Only the DX6i requires the timer/trainer switch to be held up to bring the transmitter into BIND mode. The LP5DSM does not require that step. It is for these reasons that I was not sure either on several of these points that I tore my CX2 down and did the re-binding tonight three times to test these theories.

Smiles JPee

I ment for him to have the thro TRIM centered. I think he said that he had the thro and the thro
trim all the way down.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 PM
JPEE

Carl,

When I just did my three live binds I had my throttle stick and throttle trim slider both done closed? Perhaps there is more than one way this cam be done....search me. As Dr. Phil would say.......................hows that workin for ya. In our case looks like 2 way lol.

JPee
Old 12-24-2008, 09:07 AM
gorehound

Hi Guys

The reason I had th throttle trim down was my other 2.4Ghz states this in its manual (it is a Century Spirit and it has always been 100% perfect).

Anyway, onto the BLADE. I took it out this morning to give it a quick try on the rebinding but thought I would try to see if it worked normally first and I could not beleive it, it worked perfectly. I thought maybe it was luck as it has done this twice before so tried another two times and it worked fine. Got the thing in the air and flew it aorund the room and no problems - it may sound daft but it is annoying as there is nothing worse than an intermittant problem. I will try again tonight but something made me think about where I tested it last night being an issue as and it dawned on me that my computer equipment is in my model room and I have a lot of wireless networking kit in there - which was all switched off this morning. This has never been a problem with any of my other stuff but if I remember correctly wireless operates at 2.4Ghz as well. Could this be a problem with 2.4Ghz Spectrum gear? It has never been before with my other stuff but this is my first spectrum compatible system.
cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 AM
JPEE

Gore,

Let us know how it works in the please so if we pas on these tips they are sound.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

JPEE
Old 12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

Maybe a Red Herring I am afraid.

Tried the heli again before I switched on any of the computer kit just now and it did not work again. The one thing I have noticed is that on the odd occasion it has worked the little red light on the transmitted flashes for a few seconds as soon as I push the on switch. During this period the heli synchs up fine and works. However, on most occasions when the thing does not work, when I push the on switch on the transmitter there is a quick blink from the small red light and then nothing. When this happens the heli tries to bond then fails. Same as when I put the bind plug in, the heli lights all do as they are meant to but it cannot sync.

Does this sound like a faulty transmitter (with an intermittant fault) or is there some way of resetting these?

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 PM
JPEE

Gore, check your PM mail box I just sent you a note....JPee
Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

PM'd you back.

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-24-2008, 04:50 PM
JPEE

I got the PM. I am doing a down load right now and will get back to in a short time. I will be giving you an link to see a video of me BINDING to match to what your doing.

JPee
Old 12-24-2008, 05:18 PM
JPEE

Gorehound,

Please send me your email address in a PM MAIL and I'll send the video I just made to you so you can see the live the steps I used to BIND and what the lights all do.

JPee
Old 12-24-2008, 06:40 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

I got the vid thanks and it is very much appreciated you taking the time to help like this.

I watched it a couple of times and it is the same as I have been doing. It was very useful though as it pointed out my heli is working correctly as it did the same sequence of lights as your one. However it just sits there with the ESC light going from green to red no matter how long I leave it sitting.

What I did noticed as I had previously mentioned is that the handset does not flash the little red light and only gives a quick blip when you slide the switch one. I decided to play around with the switch to see if it was working and have found that on some occasions if you press it down hard as well as up it will then start the transmitter light flashing and the heli then will bind. I am therefor getting more inclined to think there is something wrong with the handset as it seems the heli is always doing the same thing and that is the same thing your one does but the transmitter is the variable.

I will try a litlle more experimenting later and may take it apart to check it all out but in the meantime I have just got the girls off to bed and need to get the xmas pressies out from hiding

I will be back in touch later.

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

Only now getting a chance to take a further look at this and it does appear to be a fault with the transmitter On\Off switch. If you push it up normally (all the way to the top) there is only a quick single flash from the red Bind light then nothing but the display doies come on. If however you push it up slowly it stars to flash as it should about 1mm from the top of its full travel. When it does this the heli binds perfectly each time.

I will phone the seller on Monday and see about a replacement I think as I do not want to pull the thing apart unless I really have to. Thanks for your help on this and at least now I know how to set the bind up corectly on these Spectrum sets

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-27-2008, 04:08 PM
JPEE

Hi Gorehound,

Sound like a bad transmitter switch off and on switch. I had one and my friend had one both on our DX6i's However we were able to repair ours as they were trim sliders and the slot where the tim slider moves up and down was little small or or better said short. An exacto knife and walla. Now if you send that in to Horizon they will replace or repair it but it will take two weeks from the day the THEY get it until you get it back!!!!! They are good about warranty but there is a mailing time issue. I dont know how long you have had it but if the time is very short call them and ask if they will give you a UPS/USPO/FEDEX pick up number to save YOU paying the freight, they offered that to me but as I said I got it fixed myself before I used their pick number as this sites Rotarydoc showed me what to do to make my own repair. He just lost the use of another button one one of his two DX6i but more like the circute board inside and they rebuilt his, so thats what they will do for you too.

Let me know if I can help further.

If I may make one more suggestion. As I read I am not clear and you need not reply but...................once you BIND the heli........as I stated before you remove the binding plug and your set for the long run. But if your saying each time you turn on the transmitter it fails completly to make contact with the heli then clearly you can't fly it. If your servos work when you move the cyclic stick your good to go.............but.............if your telling me that the OFF and ON swtich is faulty you MIGHT loose signal and crash so get the puppy in for repair.

JPee
Old 12-27-2008, 05:44 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

What I meant with bind was actually sync up between heli and transmitter. I am new to the 2.4Ghz so the terms are a bit new and I may be usinf the wrong ones sorry . I have not put the bind plus back in since following your vid and it does now appear that the heli is actually working fine.

As I live in the UK I will not be able to get FEDEX or such but the shop that sold it to me have always been good in the past so I will give them a phone call on Monday morn and see about sending i to them. I might take a look at the thing myself going be what you mention though. I will check out the Rotarydoc if I can find it to see if there are any tips but I have taken Futaba stuff apart to fix in the past (when I dropped it [:@]) so it should be similar even if it is a different frequency type.

cheers
Gorehound
Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: gorehound

Hi JPEE

What I meant with bind was actually sync up between heli and transmitter. I am new to the 2.4Ghz so the terms are a bit new and I may be usinf the wrong ones sorry . I have not put the bind plus back in since following your vid and it does now appear that the heli is actually working fine.

As I live in the UK I will not be able to get FEDEX or such but the shop that sold it to me have always been good in the past so I will give them a phone call on Monday morn and see about sending i to them. I might take a look at the thing myself going be what you mention though. I will check out the Rotarydoc if I can find it to see if there are any tips but I have taken Futaba stuff apart to fix in the past (when I dropped it [:@]) so it should be similar even if it is a different frequency type.

cheers
Gorehound
I am sorry Gorehound, I too am not proficent in the Kings English. But look at the fun we are having. Rotarydoc is a guy I know on this Forum on a thread called

"are these blades any good for cp pro?" That is where we hang out. There is nothing he can tell you other than what I said. If the ON /OFF slider is not making full un-interupped contact" then either the contacts are dirty or "DEFECTIVE". I would urge you to get to the Hobby Shop there and se what they can do for you......after all you paid the $$$$ for a new working heli.

Smiles From JPee across the pond!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 PM
gorehound

Hi JPEE

Not to proficient in the King's English either - I come from North of the Border in Scotland and we all talk funny here according to the Southerners

I will let you know how I get on though.

cheers
Gorehound

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.