Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 OUTDOOR FLYING QUESTION

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 OUTDOOR FLYING QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
ALL RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 OUTDOOR FLYING QUESTION

I REALLY WANT TO START FLYING MY CX2 OUT SIDE, WAS WONDERING WHAT ARE THE BEST UPGRADES TO HELP IT FLY OUTISDE, AND CAN YOU UPGRADE IT TO FLY GOOD OUT SIDE.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:09 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: CX2 OUTDOOR FLYING QUESTION

It will fly fine in light winds, but don't do it unless your really good at it inside.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
goldslinger

Lose the stock tail fuselage and replace it with a c.f. boom from Boomtowne hobbies. This will help from keeeping an unexpected waft of wind from taking away from You.

Move the servo arms out 1 hole for more authority, and trim for more forward flight tendancies.

A higher 'c' rated battery will help greatly and will save Your bacon when You the power to fly upwind (there is always some at rooftop level), and will give You the power to fight downdrafts, etc.

Get some c.f. tubing that will just fit over the stock flybar, cutoff just the hook part, slide c.f. tubing over stock just slightly shorter so you can put an Align flybar weight or something comparable in weight to stock. Get too light and You lose stability,

or You can buy a pure c.f. rod with aluminum hub premade here.

USHOBBYSUPPLY.COM

Here is My outside CX-2 video with canopy cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbAAmDzcQpU

Outside crashes are generally worse; another good upgrade is the XTREME grips and folding blades.

All upgrades mentioned are good for ANY flying; but outdoor flying particularly.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Steve Joblin

The best upgrade is a completely new CX/2... cause that is what you are going to need when a slight gust of wind unexpectedly comes along and takes your heli on a ride you weren't intending!

Seriously, the CX/2 can be flown outside, but with NO wind. Early mornings and dusk tend to be the calmest times of the day and are your best bet for an enjoyable experience.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
ALL RIDER

thanks for all your help