Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Got my CX3 today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:51 PM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got my CX3 today!!!!

Looks like poor quality control. Others have said theirs was straight. Meh.......

In order to be able to speak first hand about the differences in the CX3 and CX2, I added to the fleet today.

The new CX2!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:40 PM
MuggyDude

hehehe, I guess that works. You should try to use the CX3 gyro in the CX2 and see if it tail-jerks.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:43 PM
systemlord

Am I supposed to balance my flybar with or without the linkage that attaches to the upper blade grip control ball?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:14 AM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

hehehe, I guess that works. You should try to use the CX3 gyro in the CX2 and see if it tail-jerks.
I was actually pondering something along those lines today. To me, it seems like the HH gyro "corrections" are a bit too much for the heli. I wonder if it is possible that the HH gyro was developed in the CX2 which has a longer wider tail. I would suspect it would need stronger corrections if the profile / mass of the CX2 tail is more than the CX3.

Anyway, I was going to try to swap some stuff around and see. I do know that somebody has already put a CX2 body on the CX3 due to breaking the landing gear and not being able to get replacements. I know its up for sale (very cheap too) because he hates the heli so much. I would imagine if it flew better, he would have posted up about it.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

I was actually pondering something along those lines today. To me, it seems like the HH gyro "corrections" are a bit too much for the heli. I wonder if it is possible that the HH gyro was developed in the CX2 which has a longer wider tail. I would suspect it would need stronger corrections if the profile / mass of the CX2 tail is more than the CX3.

Anyway, I was going to try to swap some stuff around and see. I do know that somebody has already put a CX2 body on the CX3 due to breaking the landing gear and not being able to get replacements. I know its up for sale (very cheap too) because he hates the heli so much. I would imagine if it flew better, he would have posted up about it.
I wonder if it flew any better with the CX 2 body? Maybe he still checks the thread and will tell us. If so I would go buy the different body, but I doubt it really made that much difference.
Alan
Old 02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Looks like poor quality control. Others have said theirs was straight. Meh.......

In order to be able to speak first hand about the differences in the CX3 and CX2, I added to the fleet today.

The new CX2!!!

To be expected with any new product, companies love to push things out the door to fast! I don't think that's the reason though, I think there's a few bad 4-in-1's out there.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
9sec240

After flying the CX2 several times (right out of the box with NO setup), I am convinced that there is something wrong with my CX3. This does not necessarily mean that they are all bad. I have see other peoples videos and read their reviews that say they fly well. I emailed HH on Thursday night and got a automated response that said the would get back to me in 3 or 4 business days. I am also planning on attending E-Fest next weekend where HH is supposed to be. I will be bringing my CX3 and hopefully we can get something sorted out with it.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:35 PM
rocketman99

I bought a Blade CX 3 yesterday, tried to fly it around in the basement on carpet, I even used the yellow trainer balls on it, but could only fly a couple feet off the ground because it was so unstable, no amount of trim would correct the wandering circling with the nose facing out about 30 degrees sideways. After extensive internet search, I came to discover the technical name for my condition was "toilet-bowling". I tried all the suggested remedies to no avail. I took it back to the shop, they thought the inner shaft had a slight bend in it, but changing it made no difference. So, they swapped the whole thing out, and wow! it works just like on the video from the manufacturer! It will now sit and hover stably in the air and is quite easy to fly....I'm waiting for the battery to recharge again, but it seems there is some mysterious defect with some of these fresh out of the box.

Note to the "twitcher".... when the guy pulled the inner shaft on mine, it was seized on the lower bearing....even though I did not have the twitching, I wonder if you have a bad bearing that is sometimes catching a bit and putting some differential drag between the two shafts.

So....any aeronautical engineers out there want to explain "toiletbowling" to us? it almost seems like a "precession" sort of movement, but I can't see what you would change mechanically to fix it.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM
bgfireman

Hey rocketman,
I have the same problem you just described. I think I am going back to the LHS tomorrow.
Alan
Old 02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
9sec240

rocketman99,

Thanks for your input. I also had a bearing that would not slide off the shaft. It would stop sliding on the area where the lower gear is held in place. I assume its just a burr from the set screw. The bearing still spins fine and I do not believe this is an issue that would cause any flight quirks.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:33 PM
9sec240

For those with crooked tail fins....

I stopped by the LHS today to pick up a flybar for my MCX and was able to take another CX3 out of the box and inspect the tail to see if it was tilted like mine.

What I found was interesting. The one at the LHS was straight as an arrow.... but... There was (what looked like) a felt shim washer under the left side mount making it straight. I just got home and checked mine out and there is no shim. Looks like E-flite had an issue with the mold for the body and ended up quick fixing some of them.

I tried to pull mine off but there is a nut on the back side of the screw going through the tail that spins and I have nothing to hold it with.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
systemlord

My CX2 out of the box had the "toilet-bowling" effect, I fixed it adjusting the Proportional pot. It flys better now that I have Xtreme blades with more aggressive pitch! Also always check that your flybar is balanced, that will cause the "toilet-bowling" effect.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up the Eflite light package for the CX-3 today, and put it in my CX-2.
Plugs into a spare channel on the 4-in-1.
3 red blinkers, two in a pair on a long harness.. to the tail end, poked out the top and bottom.
The solid white up front ahead of the rotor, and the 3rd red blinker in the nose..
Looks like this..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69345.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1125929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98882.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1125930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb73665.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1125931  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
bgfireman

Here is the scoop according to HH support. The pins on the inner shaft are not on the same plane or something like that. Anyway they are sending me a new inner shaft. So if you are having a problem I suggest you call and get a new inner shaft.

Alan
Old 02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
swixtt

subscribed... i'm thinking of the BNF one but am a little leery now? hmmm
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
soloboss

Actually Systemlord, the Silver Brushes add a LOT of extra power. Probably has something to do with the idea that Silver is way better at conduction electricity than Carbon is. Anyhow, Silver brushes are ~$2.50. Just do it.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: soloboss

Actually Systemlord, the Silver Brushes add a LOT of extra power. Probably has something to do with the idea that Silver is way better at conduction electricity than Carbon is. Anyhow, Silver brushes are ~$2.50. Just do it.
I have a set of Xtreme silver brushes, so a lot more power huh? I'll change them out now.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Ok guys, should I sell my CX2 and get the CX3?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
swixtt

from what i've read, No... keep it[X(] but what do i know, i am debating on whether to buy one period.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
systemlord

The CX2 titanium inner shafts are available, I'm going to take one for myself.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=170299738792&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1120]Titanium inner shaft for CX2[/link]
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Ok guys, should I sell my CX2 and get the CX3?
The body, landing gear and heading hold gyro are all that make it a CX3. You could just upgrade to the head hold gyro and the police body if you like it that much.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Tall Paul

I fondled the CX-3, but it's not that different from the CX-2, and money is tight.
I'll stay with the CX-2.
Has anyone bound the controller for the miniCX to the CX-2 or CX-3?
I think that should work.
My miniCX is the BNF version. I fly it with the xmtr from the CX-2, or my Spektrum DX-7... which would bind to the CX-2, but the throttle wouldn't work! ???
Old 02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Tall Paul

Painted the -bottoms- of the rotor blades to reflect the white light in the cabin top.
The heli is fairly easy to fly in a pretty dark room with the lights on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57818.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1126988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71773.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1126989  
Old 02-04-2009, 01:18 AM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Just got my new CX3 today. I love it! The MD 520 is one of my favorite helis and the scale detail on this heli is sweet! I am thinking of adding more scale details like a search light and camera pod? My tail is striaght unlike some of the other users on the board and after a little tweaking she flies very good for a co-axail. I thought at first that Eflite actually added a seperate gyro, but once I got it I found that they have appearently just made a new 3-1 with HH gyro in it. The scale body just looks too cool flying around. If you love scale you need this heli.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:40 AM
9sec240

jrizzle, you must have the shim under the left side mount for the tail (viewed from behind).

I am glad yours is flying well, that gives me hope for mine!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.