Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX3 Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
704hank
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX3 Recall

The CX3 has been recalled just bring it back to your LHS!!![sm=omg_smile.gif]
Old 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
JPEE

Default RE: CX3 Recall

704hank please tell me more, where was this announced??? I have my friends in car now to TRY and and take back. PLEASE more information

JPEE
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
704hank

I was told to bring it back this morning by my
LHS. That is all I know!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:26 PM
edblaine

Interesting information since I am having trouble flying my CX3, toilet bowl effect, cannot hover without extreme corrections, etc. But I called HH and they have stated there is no recall for the CX3. Maybe the LHS is doing something on their own?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
JPEE

Hey Hank,

Since we are all talking about the CX3 and how IT DOES NOT FLY well, what have been your problems?

The one I fly is tail heavy and wants to fall backwards. The horizontal stabilizer was crooked from the factory and has a white rubber washer under it to make it level. I can take a CX2 and fly circles around the CX3, they just simply dont handle the same at! at least for me. I think my owned aircraft below speaks to my ability to handle the CX3.

JPEE
Old 02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing they said was to check the body. From then going from the hot to the cold some of them are cracking That is it. Nothing else to report.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:47 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Yeah, I had a small crack in my body but my CX3 flies great. No complaints from me. Hate to hear your troubles.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:14 PM
704hank

That is why they have been recalled. That is what they told me.
I don't Think they would tell me this if it was not true!![:-]
Hank
Old 02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

FYI,I just got off the phone with Horizon Hobby product support and the Blade CX3 has NOT been recalled according to him. He did state that the dealers were told to check their shipments to see if the bodys were damaged. That has been the only issue as far as Horizon contacting Dealers. I too had a small crack in the body of mine which Horizon has already placed an order for me to get a replacement. Horizon has always had great customer service which is why I am a long time buyer. He also told me that the CP Pro 2 has just been on delay while they look to get a little more life out of the stock high power brushed motor. I love my CX3!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: 704hank

That is why they have been recalled. That is what they told me.
I don't Think they would tell me this if it was not true!![:-]
Hank
That is why they have been recalled??? Can you be more specific?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
704hank

ORIGINAL: edblaine

Interesting information since I am having trouble flying my CX3, toilet bowl effect, cannot hover without extreme corrections, etc. But I called HH and they have stated there is no recall for the CX3. Maybe the LHS is doing something on their own?
This is what they told me! I am going back Sat, to see what
is going On!![:@]
Hank
Old 02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: 704hank

ORIGINAL: edblaine

This is what they told me! I am going back Sat, to see what
is going On!![:@]
Hank
Maybe its to local hobby store thats unhappy with their shipment of CX3's, maybe its the customers that are unhappy as well.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
9sec240

I was the first person to pick up a CX3 from the LHS and probably one of the first people on here that flew one. Mine has had issues since day one.

My tail assembly is crooked. This is a known issue by E-Flite as other CX3s I have seen have a shim under the left side of the tail to straighten it out.

My CX3 has random tail jerks. Not gyro twitching, but jerks. It is worse with a fresh battery and happens more often when the gyro gain is set higher. I can reduce the frequency of the jerking by turning gain down but at the expense of tail control and heading hold.

The body on my CX3 is also ripped near the front landing gear. I though I had done this taking the body off to install the heat sink but now it sounds like it may have been this way out of the box.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 PM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

I thought the body cracked in my van. Oh well, a new body would be nice. What's best, call my LHS? or HH? This is my first heli and was aware of the tail twitching. Hopefully there is a fix to it.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
gravey86

I went to my LHS today to see what was up with mine(I.E. toilet bowl and tail twitch) and they said that I should beleave what I see on the internet. They are suppost to fly that way do to the wash effect of unsteady air. I think they didn't want to stand behind something they sold me after I spend close to 400 in one week from them. Going to call HH Monday to see what's the deal. It now wants to tip over when I throttle up.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: gravey86

I went to my LHS today to see what was up with mine(I.E. toilet bowl and tail twitch) and they said that I should beleave what I see on the internet. They are suppost to fly that way do to the wash effect of unsteady air. I think they didn't want to stand behind something they sold me after I spend close to 400 in one week from them. Going to call HH Monday to see what's the deal. It now wants to tip over when I throttle up.
The wash effect, boy did they pull that one out of their magic crap filled pants! That's like saying a single rotor helicopter will have wash effect on its own body, did these hobby people get through high school without a diploma and a brain to go with it???

You know a percentage of people that work at hobby stores have no common sense, have an IQ lower than a monkey and are confused by the simple fact why they were born! I went into a hobby store once and asked, "do you have a high performance compact nebulizer for my nitro engine", he replied you don't need one of those! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 AM
gravey86

The kicker was he explained that the body on the cx3 was cosmedic and that my crooked boom and tail had no effect to my problem. He said that on the Cx2's ppl were taking the body off and flying them. Huh, I guess I should take my body off and see if that helps pisses me off. Is there someone at HH that I should talk to that someone here has already delt with?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:01 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: gravey86

The kicker was he explained that the body on the cx3 was cosmedic and that my crooked boom and tail had no effect to my problem. He said that on the Cx2's ppl were taking the body off and flying them. Huh, I guess I should take my body off and see if that helps pisses me off. Is there someone at HH that I should talk to that someone here has already delt with?
Believe it or not taking only the rear section of the CX2 body weighs 14.6 grams, compared to my tail & boom that I bought right away only weigh in at just over 6 grams! Flying with the bodies on is for when you are good enough pilot that you don't crash much, then put on a killer body if thats your style. I bet you take all the body off and it still flys like crap, then ask you LHS what they think now that your body is off. See what they say then.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
MJD126

the heli flys good its the stock landing skids that throw it off and easilly break on rough landings
i replaced mine with the trex 250 landing gear and it worked like a charm.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:23 AM
gravey86

But, what they were saying was that it could be flown with out the cx3 body like the cx2, The 3's boom is part of the body.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
bronxrio51

So guys have the cx3s realy been recalled? Myn flys great except for the small tail jerks once and a while. Should I worry about taking it back. I was goint to install the sea hawk body but don't want to yet if there realy is a recall thanks guys.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
9sec240

No, there is no recall on the CX3
Old 02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

since i am a newbie, this may sound dumb. I noticed the landing gear seemed really weak and helped crack the fuselage. I took two average sized rubberbands and attached one of them to the front left to the rear right steps on the skids, and the other band on the front right step to the rear left step on the skids. They were still somewhat loose when attached, but when it landed a bit hard the shock was absorbed by the skids and rubberbands.

Maybe this helps on the 'weak skid' issue. By the way, I learned not to fly the CX3 in light wind. :-0
Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
MJD126

it probably wont last but do what i said pick up a trex 250 landing gear its much more stable and its only around 8 bucks
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
JetEngineMech

Mine was cracked too. But as soon as I brought it up to the counter, the owner said he wanted to open the box and look at it first. He said they way they are packed the canopies have been cracking. When he saw the damage, he said he had new canopies on order already and that he would give me one. I'm having flight issues too but that is probably because I'm a noob and crashed it a few times...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.