Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

change your feathering spindle quick blade 400

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

change your feathering spindle quick blade 400

Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 PM
ttennis1600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change your feathering spindle quick blade 400

this is a excellent way to change out your feathering spindle blade 400 or other heli tools needed 1 flybar and 2 allen wrenchs.

step1 unscrew the the small screw from one end of feathering spindle. set screw aside

ste'p 2 insert flybar into the spindle slowly push flybar until spindle comes out of the other side of blade grip

step 3when the spindle is all the way out stop DO NOT TAKE OUT FLYBAR AT THIS TIME.

STEP 4 insert the new spindle on the flybar then slowly push the spindle back in with a small allen wrench at the same time holding the other end with the flybar. and thats it your done and this way you dont have to take the blade grips off and worry if all the shims and step washers and other things are in order. this is a big time saver good luck
Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
JPEE

Default RE: change your feathering spindle quick blade 400

Hello ttennis1600,

You just made a better mouse trap as they say. That plan saves quite a bit of labor, well done!

JPEE
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
niteliter
My Feedback: (1)

GREAT idea,wish I had thought of that when I did the feathering shaft on the CPV3,four times so far...............Thanks...........
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM
ttennis1600

thanks guys i have tried this 2 times and it works for me. the only thing if you have a real bad crash and spindle is bent bad you may have to take it apart the old way.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
graniteguy

You will find that the flybar is the same threads as the screws in the feather shaft. I remove one of the bolts then thread the flybar shaft into the feather shaft. undo the the srews on the blade grips, pull the blade grip out about half way then push the flybar thru the other side which will push the feather shaft out, now all parts are on the flybar shaft with no chance of them falling off. Once that is done push the other blade grip onto the flybar,unthread feather shaft install new shaft o- rings then push it all back together remove flybar, install last bolt tighten up and go fly. I can take pics if your interested.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
gingerbreadman

I would love to see pictures of this