Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

How many times can I use my stock Blade 400 batteries?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

How many times can I use my stock Blade 400 batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
proone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many times can I use my stock Blade 400 batteries?

Any ideas how long the stock eflite 1800 lipo battery will last (ie 50 flights, 100 flights, etc...)?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
bad400

Default RE: How many times can I use my stock Blade 400 batteries?

ORIGINAL: proone

Any ideas how long the stock eflite 1800 lipo battery will last (ie 50 flights, 100 flights, etc...)?
well thats a very hard one to call
ive had people call me a lier when i say i have a year old e-flite 1800 that ive used atleast 3 times a day for like 6 days a week for a year now

ive had these batteries for about two months now.
got two off ebay for 45 bucks shipped
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70005.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1170356  
Old 03-31-2009, 11:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: bad400

well thats a very hard one to call
ive had people call me a lier when i say i have a year old e-flite 1800 that ive used atleast 3 times a day for like 6 days a week for a year now

I believe ya, I also have a Thunder Power Prolite 3-cell 2100 mah 15c lipo for the Trex 450 that is nearing about 16 months old and always kept fully charged and has even sat for awhile, (which is not good) and I still get killer flight times as if it was still new. A few of my other batts are nearing the same age frame. I've never had a lipo puff or fail yet and I have a good handful of them. Now I gotta go knock on some wood...LMAO...

Kinda like tires on a car, ya can't really say how long there going to last from having a group of gents trying out and using the same tires. One guy could be abusing and spinning out all the time, another could be driving on rough terrain etc. etc. A lot is going to depend on how you care and use your lipo's and yes the brand comes into play also sometimes, the equipment used like the charger/balancer etc.

~ Jeff

Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Gonwee

I've heard 100-1000 cycles, depending on how well you take care of it.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 PM
choppersrule

Proone,

I concur with the others, I've had batteries only last 4 or 5 months and others that are well over a year old and work just fine.

One thing you don't want to do is push the battery to the last minute of flight. Better to set it down early, than late.

There is controversey on whether to "Break In" a lipo battery or not. Suggested is 4 to 5 inital flights.

Here's a couple sites for ya to dwell on.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410400

http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/LiPoBattBreakIn.htm

Dave