Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

B400 rotor speed at lift off ???

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

B400 rotor speed at lift off ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B400 rotor speed at lift off ???

I am having an issue with increased head speed on helis I have moved over from other TXs to my new DX7se.

Rotor speed on my CPP2 on the HP6DSM with a factory throttle curve of 0-45-65-75-100 is 2130 RPMs at lift off.

Rotor speed on my other CPP2 bound to my DX7se with a throttle curve of 0-25-50-75-100 is 2450 RPMs.

Despite the less aggressive curve with the DX7se, lift off RPM is 320 RPMs higher (aprox 15%)

I checked the lift off RPM of one of my B400s on the DX7se and it is 2590 RPMs!!! Isn't that a bit excessive?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: B400 rotor speed at lift off ???

9 sec,

I don't have a tach, so I can't give you specific rotor head speeds....

But, I noticed you didn't mention what your pitch curves are, which have a direct effect on rotor head speed @ liftoff...

I set both of my CPP2's up on my DX6i, and they turned out great...I tried to basically mirror the HP6DSM curves, which I felt were very good, right out of the box...

I had to approximate from the chart in the manual, but here's what I have for pitch curve in normal mode;

40.0, 45.5, 50.0, 75.0, 100.0

For throttle curves, I use in normal mode;

0, 32.0, 65.0, 75.0, 100.0

These seem to be very close in flight characteristics to the stock radio, which I really liked.

I love the way mine fly!

I'm not sure about my B400 headspeed, I have no tach...but I have found that I really like it on the high side, makes it nice and stable...again, pitch curves in addition to the throttle curve are important to liftoff headspeed...

What are you using for a tach? Do you like it? I would love to get one, but don't know what the best one for the money is?

Hope this helps some...

Glenn