Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Oh No! New Blade!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
96F250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oh No! New Blade!

Picked my mSR BNF up from the local hobby shop today at lunch. Rushed back home to play in the living room before returning to work. Bound right up to my DX6i in airplane mode. had to trim a little. This thing is crazy agile and durable just as advertised. I could get it to do a hands off hover for about 5 seconds in a 2 ft square box. Can't wait to take it outside this evening after work and play outside. Seriously too much fun.

Stanley
Old 08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
cltmte

Been away awhile and haven't flown anything but my mcx for awhile. Of course I come back just in time to see the new msr videos and yes gotta have one. Well I just picked up mine from HobbyTown USA today - came in today. Can't wait to give it a go and hope it is as durable as they show and as durable as the mcx. Dangit e-flite - quit adding new helis to my wish list.

Hey, whem will the msr cp be out!!! haha. No more helis - and I really mean it this time.

Mark
Old 08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

No more helis - and I really mean it this time.

Heh.... That's what they all say..... Howdy Mark...! Long time no see again.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
cltmte

Yeah I seem to be kind of in and out over time. Hope you have been well over the months. Can't wait to give this thing a go. Just need the wife to step out for a bit. She doesn't exactly know I got it and as they say "what she doesn't know won't hurt me"
Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Dave ESPI

I will have mine this Monday, the FedEx guy didnt deliver it Friday to the LHS. Its sitting in the Hub right now.. ARGH.

Apparently there are a few hobby shops gettign these as part of a "PROMO PACKAGE PRE-ORDER" status. I (fortunately) kicked the owner of my LHS that I do occasionaly work @ asa heli tech to do such and it seems that the initil ones are indeed ONTIME !

wow, Im impressed [X(] Horizon came thru for what seems to be the first time in my memory with a predicted date of arrival and it was exactly as anticipated, and the product seems SOLID sofar from scattered reports !

SWEET.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
cltmte

OK - only had time for three flights outside. This thing is a blast. Copied the mcx model in my DX7 and zero'd out all the trims. Two minutes to charge the batteries (residual charge). Batteries in and a quick trim on the fly. It really does fly well right out of the box and requires little to get the first flights under your belt. I did see a little of the old CP tail type action like I had on my pro. Tail motor pulsing a bit but it held pretty well for this little bird and basically no adjustments yet. It does exactly what you want the mcx to do - easy control but more and faster reactions. Not sure I am ready to really move around inside.

Mark
Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Ribbit

Hmmm... Horizon has the BNF version in stock, but RTF's are a couple weeks out.

I could buy the BNF and controller separately for about $12.00 more than the RTF package, but I'd get it sooner.

Decisions, decisions!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
klaze

I'm planning on getting rid of my Walkera Micros and switching over to E-flite..

The quality of the Walkera's is just causing me too many problems..
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
tjm5837

Got mine...never flown a heli before and am able to fly this one . No crashes yet! I have put in lots of sim time though. Love it. But need more batteries! Can't stop flying it. I'm addicted, and can't believe I can fly this thing!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Dave ESPI

OK, so I got my MSRB today.

I flipped thru the instructions, checked the contents, examined the heli, charged it up, bound it to my DX6i (oddly they instructions don't say if it has to be in HELI or PLANE mode, so I bound it in PLANE model.)

I checked the controls, did a quick range check, and it was fine.

Fired it up.

[X(]

O H M Y G A W D ..... ROCK SOLID.

This heli was bone stock out of the box a crazy-super nice flying machine. I had to make a few minor adjustments to my trim on the tail stick, but that was it. It hovered awesome, made lightening fast tail whip turns and spins, and stops on a dime with perfect Headding Hold.

I have to say it definately is a WINNER from E-flite.

SOOOOO I had to push the envlope. all these spare batteries, and a huge lighted parking lot @ night !

I needed to know if this thing could be beat and punished and keep comming back for more.

It indeed is well built. I had it outside in some moderate wind and it held its own, but with fast flight, the wind took this (roughly 1 ounce) feather weight heli and tossed it HARD to the ground a few times.

There are 2 sets of swash link balls. Disconect from one, swing the swash 1/4 turn, and reattach linkages. 2 are stock, 2 are set farther out, and it really helps the heli become more of an animal and more nimble... it also makes it a lot more agressive and when it dives, or banks a turn, it really banks !
Occasionaly it banks too hard and can not recover fast enough, and I slammed the pavement. A few scratches, the cannopy scuffed, a few nicks, and all I managed to do was bust 1 landing gear strut mount (easily reglued) and each time I was walking up to it ready to see it beyond repairable flight for the night, I was plesantly suprised it was good-to-go and flew right out of my hand at least 10 times.

A nice aspect, it has a SOFT VOLTAGE DROP safety feature for the batteries, so you don't kill them below 3 volts.

A BIG HANDCLAP FOR THE BOYS @ HORIZON ! (pluss it was delivered ON-TIME for the people who had PROMO PACKAGE DEALS)

ps: Im selling my Walkera 4#3 if anyone wants... cause this definately is the replacement KEEPER !
Old 09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Ok! Some thing more to buy... ahhhhh
Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 AM
richarddaily

Just picked one up yesterday.

WOW!!!
What a sweet heli. This is the first single rotor Heli that I have been able to control and fly.
It flew right out of the box with some minor triming, just like the Mfgs adds stated.
Unbelivable control and stability. I could not be more pleased.

What a huge difference between the MSR and the Walkera 4#3 that I have been trying to fly for the past 2 months.
The walkera goes out of control after about 10 seconds of hovering, its a wild mouse!!
With about 50 battery charges I still can not achieve a stable hover.

The e-flight has a higher price tag but if your trying to move up to a single rotor heli its a much better option than the Walkera 4#3

Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 AM
srt10

I just picked mine up last night.. this little bugger is fast!
Also love the 4 battery charger, I think its well worth the price..
Now I can charge more batteries at once, I also have the micro SU-26 and next week the new micro P-51
So this charger is great!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Dave ESPI

Im seem to be having some issues with mine, perhaps the batteries are not holding a charge ? it wont fly for more than 10 seconds before shutting down and soft landing to the ground.

Im going to try the battery out of my SU27 and see if that helps clear up if it is indeed bad batteries. I hope that is all it is. WOuld hate to have to send it in for warntee issue.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:33 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

I bought the MSR RTF today!!!! Freaking awesome aircraft! Got 4 flights in so far.
Thanks e-flight for coming through with great new heli that is not just another micro, this flies significantly different from the MCX and is a step up for me. I have a lot of practicing to do!

Dave think you got a bad battery.

Thanks for everyones reports here.

Can anyone comment on the advanced swashplate settings?

Joe
Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Ribbit

I just picked mine up today... the local Hobbytown had several in stock, which was a nice surprise!

The guy behind the counter did a show-off flight of their demo model, and it's every bit as agile as the youtube videos show.

He was also kind enough to hook mine up and give it a test flight just to make sure everything works.

I've run down both batteries now (they're recharging as we speak) and this little bugger is FUN.  Only a few crashes so far.[X(]

I'm still flying with the controller in newbie mode, which puts the response on par with the MCX's that I've flown before.  I'm going to need to get a bigger house.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:10 PM
tjm5837

What kind of flight times are you guys getting? I get about 7 and 1/2 minutes on the 120mah included batteries. And I am flying very docile. I noticed hobbyzone and horizon have a 150mah battery on their websites but not in stock yet. I wonder how this would increase flight time and if the chopper would handle any different from extra weight or CG differences. Anyway I think I'll wait for these to get extra batteries. What do you guys make of it?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
srt10

Those batteries would be great, longer run times of about 15-20%, and the added weight your heli will not notice..
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
tjm5837

Hey by the way..srt10, Do you have a dodge viper? Just curious about your user name.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Dave ESPI

OK, so I have a short on the board somewhere. I fiddled with it, and sometimes it flies fine sometimes it dies in midflight, and occasionaly I pull on the battery wires and it is on/off/on/off buzzz buzzzzz on/off then nothing. Then it wants to re-bind to the TX.

OK, so I played along, and re-bound it. it was fine for half a batttery then it just went hard left and crashed to the floor with no power and no input from my TX sticks at all. I unplugged the battery, restarted teh heli, and it was fine for a few seconds then it powered down and nothing.......

I'm calling Horizon tomorrow. See if I can get them to take a look at it. Its weird. hsa to be a loose connection or something on the board.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 PM
tjm5837

That blows dave! I'm sure they will make good on it...but may take some time. That's why when I can, I buy my big ticket items in the LHS. That way I can go back to them. And usually have no questions asked, just a replacement. Got a spektrum DX7 that wouldn't bind from them and they just changed it out for another one. Also after buying my first plane, charger wouldn't charge. Just changed it out no problem and no questions asked. Great to have that security. Online purchases are usually a little more difficult. But hope it works out well....I'll be watching. And it may influence my purchases in the future.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:38 AM
klaze

ORIGINAL: tjm5837

That blows dave! I'm sure they will make good on it...but may take some time. That's why when I can, I buy my big ticket items in the LHS. That way I can go back to them. And usually have no questions asked, just a replacement. Got a spektrum DX7 that wouldn't bind from them and they just changed it out for another one. Also after buying my first plane, charger wouldn't charge. Just changed it out no problem and no questions asked. Great to have that security. Online purchases are usually a little more difficult. But hope it works out well....I'll be watching. And it may influence my purchases in the future.
Wow your LHS are nice.. I am always left stuck with defective items as the LHS wants nothing to do with it once i've left the shop..
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM
fusebmx13

This little guy is great!!! I have the controls maxxed out at 100% on the radio and I also moved the links on the swashplate. It really moves outside and does just fine in the wind. Great little heli. I have smacked so many things with it also, I have broken a blade grip though. Big deal only 4 bucks .
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

I broke a blade grip too, got away with CA'ing it for now. LHS has it in stock, will get a few this weekend. This is a seriously fun heli.

Whats up with the calibration tool? I used it but can't tell if it did anything.

Joe
Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
fusebmx13

Yea it kinda stinks this blade grip broke. The ball broke off. [:@] I liked flying it so much to... Whatever, I will pick some up tomorrow at the hobbyshop. I really have no complaints with this heli. I have crashed it soooo many times (not cause I am a bad pilot, just because I am pushing this little heli to the limits) and I have only broken that one grip. I have my swashplate links on the outer one, my high rates are 100% with 0 expo. My low rate (which I use for inside) I think I have it on 80% with 15% expo. That is only for the elevator and aelerons.

As for the calibration tool. You are just supposed to put it on and make sure things are level. I don't really see the point of it anyway, but whatever .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.