Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

fixing my b400- superman continued

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

fixing my b400- superman continued

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Rontech1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixing my b400- superman continued

Well, Superman here.
For reference: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8908259/tm.htm

Started fixing the B400. The deeper I get the worse it got. Bent main shaft, tail shaft, rear blades, front blades, 1 servo, the ever popular tail boom, and of course the misc parts that go with all of them. Unable to find the flybar seesaw yet, and I do have a bind in it when I move it around. If I remember correctly it was nice and loose/free before I augered it in.

I believe that I may have futched up the receiver also. It will bind, and all servos will work EXCEPT for the one I replaced and the tail rotor servo. And, when I try to test the heli after a bind, it looses bind and just flashes red on the receiver. Searching says that it may be due to one or more servos bad. Really need to try the motor and see if I took out the ESC also.

Yup, that red cape sure served me well. Must have been some Krypyonite somewhere close.
May have been cheaper in the long run to just get another BNF B400 and use this one as a donor heli.

Been spending a lot of time on FSOne and Phoenix now. Should have done that before I decided that I could fly that rascal w/o sim time. Can do a pretty fair hover with the CP Pro2, no crashes and no weird actions now on the FSOne, but am struggling with the B400 in phoenix.

Maybe this needs to be a stickey on" How NOT to learn to fly your heli"
Oh well, not discouraged. Just found out I have to go through the same learning cycle all of you did.

Well, time to get the b400 back out and continue with the rebuild process.

Thanks for looking,
Ron
AKA Superman
Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 AM
gmscholl

Default RE: fixing my b400- superman continued

Good luck Superman, It's kinda' nice to see that I'm not the only one struggling with a B400. It's also nice to see another central Illinois fly-boy.
I have a metal "lazy-susan" turntable that I used to get my 400 set-up. Just strapped the heli to the turntable and that allows it to spin and I can get my gyro and tail trim set-up easier.
I also have a T-rex 600 landing gear mounted on mine instead of crash gear I like the looks better and it's stronger than oem.
Today I'm going out to Menards and get a couple sheets of that smooth shiney wall board and make a 8' x8' landing pad to use out in my back yard. I have problems setting down in grass, the heli always wants to catch and flip over. I think this will allow the heli to slide instead of catch and flip.
I also just added metal gears to my servos for about $20.00 each, that should hold up better that the plastic gears.
Now I got the fever building inside again, I gotta go, time to spool up.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:10 AM
djolejnik

Im Glad Im not the only one with problems flyn the 400. I spend more time repairing and waiting for parts then flying ( or should I say hovering). I had no problems with the smaller helis the cx, cp, ect. Im afraid to add up how much Ive spent in the last 6 months.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:40 AM
jon6565

ORIGINAL: Rontech1

I believe that I may have futched up the receiver also. It will bind, and all servos will work EXCEPT for the one I replaced and the tail rotor servo. And, when I try to test the heli after a bind, it looses bind and just flashes red on the receiver. Searching says that it may be due to one or more servos bad. Really need to try the motor and see if I took out the ESC also.
Hey Ron... just come in on this thread - but you may have put your tail servo plug in the wrong way round on the Gyro... I did this. You get no response at allwhen you do that. I see this post was 6 days ago however and you may have fixed it by now.

Worth a try.

Regards

Jon
Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Rontech1

Jon,
Thanks for the tip but I have not unplugged the tail servo from the gyro other than to test another servo. I have 2 servos not responding. One is the tail and the other is on the swash ( can't remember which one specifically ) but it is the one that I replaced already. That is what makes me think it is the receiver.[:@]
Well, I will have a new one tomorrow, and this weekend is " rebuild and get it right time". Already got clearance from the SO to spend as much time as I want. No honeydo's if you know what I mean

Bought a complete cnc head for B400 and will install it. The stock/wrecked one I have now I will rebuild and have a spare. Most likely will never use it, but will have it just in case I totally wreck the cnc one.
This is the one I ordered:
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...400-CNC/Detail

Got a Swash level tool, watching all the setup vids I can and spending a lot of time on the sim. Adjusted the DX6i to the newby settings from EFlite. Even put those settings in my DX6i and use them on Phoenix sim. Made a world of diff in controlling the B400 in sim. Hope it does as well in real world.

Just a thought for the other newby's, like myself, maybe reading this thread.

Hindsight is 20/20. This is the route I SHOULD have gone before. But NOOOOOOO, I was Superman.
There was a lot of good info here that I chose to ignore. Cost me a lot of money and aggravation.
Follow the advice that is repeated many times in this forum. Get the heli if you want, but get the sim and spend as much time as needed to learn to fly in the SIM. It cost's virtually nothing compared to that real crash.[sm=cry_smile.gif]
Thanks for looking,
Ron
Old 07-30-2009, 03:55 AM
ttennis1600

the blade 400 is very easy to fly heli i love mine and its very easy heli to fix i have about 70 flights on mine . the servo are easy to fix . just keep flying on the sim and you will be fine
Old 04-03-2010, 10:56 AM
osceolaflyer

I found these pads to be awesome. They don't move at all. easy to store.www.anything-rc.com/heli-pads.html