Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

My mSR related woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 AM
mediclavina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My mSR related woes

I'm so upset to find out my mSR is not coming any soon.
Good thing I did check the status of the order with my LHS yesterday, or I would be waiting forever for nothing. Apparently, the guy there whom I talked with did not really place the order for me. He said he has never seen it as in-stock. I don't know how hobby shops deal with Horizon but this LHS should have been more resourceful (IMO). And now he's telling me to check with him again on Monday to know if I can expect anything or not. Didn't they realize I'm doing them favor for buying stuffs from them instead of from somewhere else?

They did something similar to me 3 years ago. They sold me a Helimax MX450 XS helicopter but did not carry any parts for it. When the time came for me to get some parts, they had to order them from TowerHobbies. That's something I could have done myself. Guess what? the parts never arrived. I kept on following up the status for weeks until I decided to forget about it (because they never called me back). For that, I quit using them for more than 2 years until new faces took over the shop. But I think nothing has changed really.

I can always get rc stuffs cheaper and faster from reliable online stores. But I've been trying my best to support my LHS. Now, I think the mSR will be the last helicopter I would be getting from them.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:15 PM
R0bBeckett

Default RE: My mSR related woes

At the risk of getting Tar and Feathered, are they a HobbyTown Usa? If Not Try them they have So Cal Stores I'm sure. I'm told they are a prefered E-Flight retailer. If the store in question is a HobbyTown, complain about them to corporate.

EDIT: Looking again I see maybe that's Louisiana, they have two stores there too.

Corporate Office
Old 08-29-2009, 07:04 PM
mediclavina

It's not a HobbyTown store. How I wish my LHS had at least this same level of concern for customer satisfaction.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 PM
DanMN

Just picked mine up at Hobbyzone in Plymouth, MN. Lucky I live close to their store/warehouse. They have them in stock and will ship the same day. Check their website www.hobbyzone.com I can't wait to play with this thing tonight!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
DanMN

Oops, it's not on their website yet. They do have them in the store though. Call them, I am sure they would ship one out. Not sure how many they have. They usually get the first shipments of new stuff from Horizon.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Kev708

ORIGINAL: mediclavina

I'm so upset to find out my mSR is not coming any soon.
Good thing I did check the status of the order with my LHS yesterday, or I would be waiting forever for nothing. Apparently, the guy there whom I talked with did not really place the order for me. He said he has never seen it as in-stock. I don't know how hobby shops deal with Horizon but this LHS should have been more resourceful (IMO). And now he's telling me to check with him again on Monday to know if I can expect anything or not. Didn't they realize I'm doing them favor for buying stuffs from them instead of from somewhere else?

They did something similar to me 3 years ago. They sold me a Helimax MX450 XS helicopter but did not carry any parts for it. When the time came for me to get some parts, they had to order them from TowerHobbies. That's something I could have done myself. Guess what? the parts never arrived. I kept on following up the status for weeks until I decided to forget about it (because they never called me back). For that, I quit using them for more than 2 years until new faces took over the shop. But I think nothing has changed really.

I can always get rc stuffs cheaper and faster from reliable online stores. But I've been trying my best to support my LHS. Now, I think the mSR will be the last helicopter I would be getting from them.

The bind and fly version is in stock. If you go that route you should have one in your hands within a week. I believe the RTF version will be on b/o for the next month as they fill orders....
Old 08-29-2009, 09:44 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My LHS said his order shipped Wednesday. He should have them now. PM me for contact info.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM
mediclavina

I think I made a mistake of pursuing it with my LHS. Monday is still 2 days away. And as I've said...that is to only find out if I the guy will be able to get one for me. [:@]
I should have cancelled it there and then.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
cltmte

As Rob stated, try HobbyTown if one is close by. My guy is good. He put me on the list to call and called Friday with BNF model in stock. Picked it up but have not had time to try it. They carry lots of e-flite parts as well as TREX which are the models I have (obviously no MSR parts yet though). Good luck

Mark
Old 08-30-2009, 02:19 PM
mediclavina

The closest HobbyTown is a 1-hour-and-40-minute drive away from where I live. My LHS is just a 10-minute drive from home.
I can only afford to waste that much time driving if it's a weekend. And HobbyTown must be be closed on Sundays, because nobody answered their phone when I tried calling the store a few minutes ago.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
cltmte

sorry to hear that. I know how that is. There is a shop about 1 hour from me that when I need to go it is a planned event. Fortunately hobbytown is just a 20-30 minute cross town drive.

Good luck in getting resolution. I just flew mine for the first time and did it outdoors. It is quick and responsive and is a blast to fly. Only two flights but so far so good.

Mark