Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

E-Flite 120mAh V Flightmax 138mAh flight times.

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-Flite 120mAh V Flightmax 138mAh flight times.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite 120mAh V Flightmax 138mAh flight times.

I did a test between the two batteries and despite the smaller mAh rating of the E-Flite, the battery flies the heli for longer. I hit LVC with the E-Flite batteries consistently around the 6:00 min mark and 5:20 mark for the larger mAh Flightmax batteries.

I think I notice more pop with the Flightmax which would be odd considering the C rating works out to be 1.38A versus 1.68A of the E-Flite.

Anybody else experimenting?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
BillB

Default RE: E-Flite 120mAh V Flightmax 138mAh flight times.

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

I did a test between the two batteries and despite the smaller mAh rating of the E-Flite, the battery flies the heli for longer. I hit LVC with the E-Flite batteries consistently around the 6:00 min mark and 5:20 mark for the larger mAh Flightmax batteries.

I think I notice more pop with the Flightmax which would be odd considering the C rating works out to be 1.38A versus 1.68A of the E-Flite.

Anybody else experimenting?
Interesting numbers. I timed both batteries this afternoon, flying indoors,and I got about 7 minutes out of the E-Flite and 9 minutes from the Flightmax. I tried two Flightmax batteries and they were within a few seconds of each other. I can't say that I noticed any more "pop" with the Flightmax, but with an unmodded MCX the Flightmaxs' extra weight slowed down forward flight a bit.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:15 PM
9sec240

Default RE: E-Flite 120mAh V Flightmax 138mAh flight times.

My tests were done on the new MSR and not an MCX. The stock E-Flite battery that comes with the MSR is rated at 120mAh where the MCX battery is rated at 110mAh.

I think that the MSR might be able to USE more power and therefore you might see more pop out of it versus the MCX.

I might have to try the Flightmax in my MCX and see how they stack up.