Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade msr

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:33 PM
slapshot253

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade msr

My son just got his new blade msr, he already has a mcx that he is very good at flying with. We had been trying to trim the new msr properly but are having a real tough time. The heli does not seem to want to go forward no matter how far we push the right controller stick forward. Any ideas on correcting this. We view several youtubes on proper trimming as well as some settings for the transmitter found in some of the heli forums.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Sasquatchin

Default RE: blade msr

Iwould check to make sure all the linkages are connected, and server arms are traveling properly. Ihad an issue with my CX2 where it would not be controlable, and it ended up being the swashplate (they are 2 pieces and a bearing, and mine seperated).

Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Yakflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Also make a note of how far your battery is in the seat.
If you have the battery too far back your CG maybe too great on the aft side to fly forward.

If that is not the problem, then,

If your using the low/easy ball link, try moving up to the advanced ball links.
Your manual has step by step instructions how to do it.
In fact, I did my yesterday after flying for a month on the beginner settings and was getting pretty uptight when I tried to change directions while flying forward.
Wahzoo! It was GREAT! The advanced settings are really not that sensitive and did a GREAT job improving manuverablity and control during flight.
For me it caused my crashing problem to go away and flying was fun!
Let us know how you made out or if you need anything else.
Blade did a great job with the MSR!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
kyle 9

I also have a question... My msr always seems to move backward when hovering... i put the forward trim on the transmitter all the way up and it still moves backwards just a little... and in flight the forward speed is slower then the backwards speed.
Is there anything i can do, or do u think i should move to the advanced settings aswell?? thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 08:15 AM
tominator06
My Feedback: (4)

I would check your battery placement. The battery should be pushed all the way into the holder so the battery tucks under the canopy.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
NordicMan

I just bought an MSR too and yes that battery positioning is very important to get right, and for me it was just a bit confusing to understand exactly the proper arrangement. I might be wrong (someone correct me if I am!) but the only/best way to insert the battery so it goes in all the way is to put it in so the battery label faces DOWN towards the ground. Trying to put it in the other way it just didn't seem to want to slide in all the way & I got nervous not wanting to force it in & break something.

It didn't seem right though because when putting it in label-side-down, the red dot is no longer visible.. no problem though just plug the connector on so its red dot was also not visible. It all works great but seemed weird to me the dots weren't on the visible side..

Anyway, slide the battery in so the thick black collar is TOUCHING the black battery holder on the heli and that should solve your balance problem.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:05 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

There are some very good videos on U Tube about fixing problems on the MSR. All I have seen and read are easy fixes. Here is one of them on the trim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60dx2U1gw00
I am hoping my MSR will be here Saturday.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Not sure if a battery placement will cause zero forward cyclic- the thing is very responsive when working right. I'd double check the swash movement at no throttle. That swashplate should move all around with inputs from the right stick. Make sure everything moves freely and that you don't have a dead servo/binding linkage.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 AM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: NordicMan

I just bought an MSR too and yes that battery positioning is very important to get right, and for me it was just a bit confusing to understand exactly the proper arrangement. I might be wrong (someone correct me if I am!) but the only/best way to insert the battery so it goes in all the way is to put it in so the battery label faces DOWN towards the ground. Trying to put it in the other way it just didn't seem to want to slide in all the way & I got nervous not wanting to force it in & break something.

It didn't seem right though because when putting it in label-side-down, the red dot is no longer visible.. no problem though just plug the connector on so its red dot was also not visible. It all works great but seemed weird to me the dots weren't on the visible side..

Anyway, slide the battery in so the thick black collar is TOUCHING the black battery holder on the heli and that should solve your balance problem.
this is how i do it to and it works great for me