Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Old 02-25-2011, 03:38 PM
dunkonu23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Chuck,

New guy or not, I'm very happy for you, sir. I know that you were worried... I'd have gone bonkers. My only wish now is to hear that Eddie is now employed. I pray for that nightly. It worked for you, I know it will work for Eddie.

Yeah, it's a new one, all right. I'll start building it tomorrow.

Scott
Old 02-25-2011, 03:41 PM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Hey Scott:
Very nice, wow what is that 600 class?
Movin on up to the big side.

Yes sir! It's gonna be my big electric for the season. LOL! Yeap... to the sound of the Jefferson's theme!

Scott
Old 02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Scott, very jealous!!! That heli is on my short list of ones to get. Anybody want to buy a 600E??? As you might remember, I have the Furion 450 as does Eddie. They are sweet machines. My buddy has a Fury 55 which is basically the nitro version of the Furion 6. He LOVES his too. MA really knows what they are doing when they build a heli. What FBL unit are you going to go with?
Thanks, Ivan. I'm stoked. My wife decided that she didn't want to go to Mexico this year so we bought new furniture for the media room, and... Igot the Furion 6. When Iwas looking at600 sized electrics, Idecided early on to get this based on both yours and Eddie's praise of the design and workmanship of the Furion 450... entirely.Iwas swayed a little by the Fusion 50, but decided against that given that Charley no longer works for Outrage and I guess the biggie was this: They didn't let any USpilots in on the prototyping and testing of that helicopter. In fact, I know that Outrage looks down on USpilots so that killed their helicopters for me. Servos? No... I'm going with Outrage 9180's for cyclic and I have a 9188 for the tail already. FBLunit is going to be a mini VBar, much to my chagrin(I still have a bad taste after the McAuto dudes at IRCHA). I've actually got a mini Vbar I have setup for the HeadHunter FBLbird Ihave but Ialso have a BeastX Microbeast, as well. So, the MicroBeast is going into the HeadHunter, instead. I'm kind of happy I didn't get the Total G at IRCHA. With all the problems it's had, even though Iknow CY will fix them, and has done a great job with V2 of the software, it's just not something I think I want to play with as my first FBL controller.

Batteries are going to be a sore point. Costly. I'm probably going to get some Blue 5S 4000's or 5000's * 4, but Ihaven't really decided. I know I'm not using an ESC so power is going to be straight from a 2sflight pack. Motor.. probably a Scorpion or Hyperion 4035 560. ESC looks like a Castle ICEHV 85. I'll probably shoot for 21 or 2200 governed RPM's. Blades... Edge 623 or Mavrikk 620 FBL blades.

Get one, bro!!!

Scott
Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
phillyD

Scotty, Chuck, Larry
geezum peace. You guys got me blown away with everything. Jobs, new thunderous helis and twin engined unlimited planks. God Speed to you guys. I have not flown since last year November and imagine I ain't got any snow
Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
9sec240

Scott, I talked to Eddie on AIM a week ago or so and I swear he said he was starting his new job on the next Monday... hmmm..
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Wow Scott - a 600! Very nice.

Hey, Ivan. Which way is the pin out on the HK "naked" Rx? No info came with it & the forum on HK is very confusing. I think the neg (-) pin is at the top of the connector looking down on the PCB with the parts showing. Which end is BATT (P0.7 or P2.1)?

Thanks.

Chuck
Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Enthlapy

the +is on the bottom - ontop

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15628.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1569957  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:08 PM
billmay
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Chuck - Congrats on that new job.............hope it works out well for you (actually I'm enjoying retirement).

Bill
Old 02-25-2011, 08:33 PM
baurwin

Ivan - that s correct, started 2 weeks ago!! It's nice n sucks all at the same time lmao!! Really though, it'd been goOd, I'm buildin trucks for peterbilt now so it's kinfa like tinkrrin on the helis, just bigger parts lol
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Scott, I talked to Eddie on AIM a week ago or so and I swear he said he was starting his new job on the next Monday... hmmm..

Okay... now, I'm getting wierded out! Ijust read Eddie's post about him building trucks... I'm very, very happy for him!!! Man, I'm freaked, though....

Scott
Old 02-25-2011, 08:40 PM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: baurwin

Ivan - that s correct, started 2 weeks ago!! It's nice n sucks all at the same time lmao!! Really though, it'd been goOd, I'm buildin trucks for peterbilt now so it's kinfa like tinkrrin on the helis, just bigger parts lol
Well, this just makes this the most perfect day, then!!! I'm so happy for you, Eddie!!!!! You da man, bro!!! Get your helicopters in the air, again!!! IRCHAin less than six months, my friend!!!

Wow... this prayer stuff.. sending positive thoughts... I guess what you put out in the universe, be it RC or not, works to some degree....

Anyhow, I'm very happy for you, Eddie!!!!

Scott
Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Wow Scott - a 600! Very nice.

Hey, Ivan. Which way is the pin out on the HK "naked" Rx? No info came with it & the forum on HK is very confusing. I think the neg (-) pin is at the top of the connector looking down on the PCB with the parts showing. Which end is BATT (P0.7 or P2.1)?

Thanks.

Chuck
Thanks, Chuck!!! What are you going to be doing?

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 AM
9sec240

From a couple pages back... I finished and maidened my F-117A. It flies fairly well. I wish I had a bit more elevator throw but I have it maxed out and loops still are not tight enough. Aileron rolls are really quick and surprisingly axial. I can get it to go so slow in the air it starts to fall backwards!! Overall, I am pretty pleased with the build. I will have to get some colors on it now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rtRVBQ6W7g[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rtRVBQ6W7g
Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 AM
clp.eng

Philly - buy one of the micros for fooling around in the house just to keep the thumbs loose. Ya' it ain't the same as firing up a 600 outside but it's something

Alex - thanks. Can't wait to see the twin in action. Spring better come soon. I've been home 5 days & had to shovel snow 4 of them!

Scott - like Eddie said mixed blessing. I was going crazy around here except for when I was flying the heli any time I wanted!! I'll be working for Siemens as an application engineer. Not my ideal job but the heli money will flow again! I can't wait to see how you like the 600 EP.

Thanks, Bill. I guess I'm not ready to retire yet! I'm not sure I ever will be.

Ivan - way cool F-117A. That is one of my favs!

Chuck

Alex/Ivan - so the top pin in my pic in neg(-) the mid pin is pos (+) & bottom is signal. Which end is the BATT channel - near the bind plug or the other end?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38154.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1570093  
Old 02-26-2011, 07:43 AM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Scotty, Chuck, Larry
geezum peace. You guys got me blown away with everything. Jobs, new thunderous helis and twin engined unlimited planks. God Speed to you guys. I have not flown since last year November and imagine I ain't got any snow
Phil, that's on you, bro! LOL! Snow... we got a foot Sunday/Monday... four more inches Thursday/Friday and two more inches overnight... all that after a taste of spring... all the snow except for the piles at the end of the driveway melted. Temps got into the high 50's... then boom winter, again. I've just been flying the simulator. So, yeah... Igot a new heli...it's gonna be a slow build after the air frame, like the Velocity 50 was last year.No Mexico this year for a break... Just new furniture and a new heli. I'll take it... Iwish we could go somewhere... like the BVI!!! Alas, no.

How have YOU been?

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 AM
dunkonu23

FNG's (Chuck and Eddie),

Yep, cash flow, baby!!!     I can understand mixed blessings.  I guess I've been lucky in my life.  Since leaving the Navy in 1983, I've been unemployed a grand total of 12 weeks.  One was my own doing (I quit a job I had been with for 15 years), the second, my whole department got canned extremely rudely by EDS after they bought SDRC.  I still have a very bad taste in my mouth about that one.   I did learn a lot about myself during that time, though.  I found that a large part of my identity is wrapped up in what I do and my employer.  I don't know if that's right or not, but being without portfolio was quite disturbing for me. 

I think you and I are around the same age Chuck, so please excuse me if my "identity issues" spill over on you.  It's not my intent at all.  I am very happy for both and Eddie even though you are FNG's, though. 

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 AM
clp.eng

Scott - you forced me to use the urban dictionary again - FNG (Thanks, Maxx!). LMAO I was at the last place 18 yrs. It will be hard to learn the new job, the new people, etc.

I've been out 10 months this time, 10 months last time, 4 months the time before. You & I need to figure out how to be more like Bill!

Ivan & Alex - did you have any trouble with those Rxs? One won't bind at all. Of course, they want me to send it back to China for 10 bucks even tho it only cost $7.95!!! Good thing I wasn't planning on using them for the new heli!

Chuck
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Disney1

Chuck your job life sounds like mine. Been out 6 months so far, this time, 8 months last time.
The tough part is that here the unemployment rate is 12.4%
Several employers have gone to group interviews, what a pain that is.
I still do not know what the benafit to the employer that is.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:54 AM
9sec240

Chuck, I have used probably over twenty of those RXs and have had not one issue. In the picture you posted above, the top is neg, center is pos and bottom is signal. All the way left is batt / bind and then working right THR, AIL, ELE, RUD, GEAR, AUX1. It is set up just like an AR6110e

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM
dunkonu23

Ivan,

I watched your F117 video.  Man, that thing is smooth!!! I love it.  The slow speed stuff was to die for.  Great job, sir!!!

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM
dunkonu23

Chuck,

Iknow what you mean about adjusting. It's hard, bro. You WILL adjust just fine. You're a great guy and a smart man. I wish Iwas more like you and Bill together..a great hybrid. Knock 'em dead, sir!!

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 09:36 AM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Chuck your job life sounds like mine. Been out 6 months so far, this time, 8 months last time.
The tough part is that here the unemployment rate is 12.4%
Several employers have gone to group interviews, what a pain that is.
I still do not know what the benafit to the employer that is.

I didn't know you were out of work. Six months is a long time. I hope something turns up for you, sir. I will send positive thoughts your way.

When Chrysler was facing going out of business we faced our contract going away, too. It was terrifying being in Michigan. Still, if something happened, we'd probably have to move. This oil price stuff is scary. None of the big three are completely ready for it. So, we go day by day.

Keep your chin up, sir. It WILLwork out.

Scott
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
maxmax77

Eddie, good to hear from you! congratulations on getting job..that's awesome!!!

Chuck, congrats man that's fantastic
i heard that HobbyKing is going to open a customer service/return thing in the states

Ivan, what a smooth plane, I loved watching it fly. You should put something lik a 50-foot kitetail on it, it would probably be so smooth it's look like it was going through water [8D]

Alex, glad you're getting flying in

scott, that's an awesome new bird!!!! Can't wait to see it completed!!

Got a pack in today, there are like 10mh winds though and I didn't feel totally comfortable doing nose-in like that so I just flew it back and forth and worked on banked turns for awhile. I'll fly another one later once it's done charging, and if I can convince somebody I'll take a vid.
-Max
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Disney1

Thank You for the positive thoughts.
I have an interview Friday. One on One.

Ron Sr
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
maxmax77

congratulations Ron!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.