Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Enthlapy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Thanks, Max. You inspire me to keep trying...

Ivan - There is a setting for DualAileron in the DX6i. There is also a V-tail & an elevon setting. The manual does not explain much about what they do. They do show where each control surface is located on the aircraft & which port to use so that's a start. They did mention but not explain "Flaperon or Delta wing type".

Right now I just need to get the ailerons more responsive & to be able to zero each independently.

Hey Alex - can you tell me the rule about WOT & nose postion. I forgot which was which for setting CG. The T-28 does go up under WOT.

Chuck

In the DX6i it's under the DualAileron setting. One servo goes into Ail, and the other into Aux1 I Believe. CGshould be about 1/3 of the wing cord with the nose level. I didnt have to take off WOT. I dont remember the prop howling tho when i flew it. The way the Tuff Trainer is setup, it will pull up in WOT. Just have to adjust the trim for your cruise speed. The T-28 isnt as bad with WOTand correct CG.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 AM
dunkonu23

Max,

Good deal! Like Ivan wrote, leaps and bounds! Very cool stuff, sir!

Scott
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 AM
dunkonu23

Yesterday did not go so well for my nitro.   It wouldn't start.  At the funfly, Jessie (the guy next to us at IRCHA, Ivan and Alex, was there and we tried everything to get it to run, but nothing.   So, it appears the cause of my crash the other day was a failure in the engine, particularly the carb (since that's the only part of the engine I didn't examine).   So, today I'll be pulling it apart again and checking the carb.  I had electrics to fly, so that was good.  I also won another battery.

Scott
Old 09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
9sec240

So where did Eddie disappear to again?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
9sec240

Anybody want to have a "worn out mCP X blade" competition?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21978.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1661892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46769.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1661893  
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Alex - thanks. How do I know which way to move the battery on the T-28? What are the symptoms?

Scott - I think that guy still has those 3 gassers for sale. Want me to buy them for you?? I bet I can haggle him down some...

It's still ranging in the hundred degree temps down there, Ivan. He's hold up in a nice air conditioned place, maybe with "Jack"!

Nice job on the mCP X. I'm still flying over grass & furniture so just a few grenn smugs here and there! You win!!! LOL I've been practicing flips with it on the sim & the next calm day I'm over to the school to try a real one. I'll see if I can get somebody to come & vid it for me...

I put the 7 cell on the boat with the new prop. Way Fasssst but also the motor got so hot the plastic warped a bit! When I opened the hatch I could smell the motor & the heat. A lot of porposing too, It might have been cavitating a lot or the CG is way off. See [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UviQ97oHB_w]here. [/link] Ran it tonight with the 6 cell & new prop. Faster than with the old prop & barely warm battery & motor. Definitely fun. The pack only lastes about 3 or 4 minutes. Got a get a big 6 cell.

I worked on my new heli a couple of times & almost gave up. I just couldn't get the motor on the mount. I finally gave up & broke all the loctited srews loose & took the mount off. Put the motor on the mount but couldn't get the mount back in. What the hey??? The motor leads were interfering with an edge of the inner frame where it's almost impossible to see. Next I'll need to get the Dremel out & mod the frame but it will be a weak spot for the motor mount. The 1st crash will tell. At least I can move forward again, it was getting frustrating.

Chuck
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Enthlapy

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Alex - thanks. How do I know which way to move the battery on the T-28? What are the symptoms?

Chuck

Measure 1/3 of the wing cord, mark it. Put the battery on, and move it around, so that when you hold the plane up by the CGmarks its level. Nose heavy- you will end up trimming up elevator for level flight, tail heavy- over responsive and need to trim down elevator to level it out @ cruise speed.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 PM
maxmax77

cool, Chuck! Do it up!!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 AM
dunkonu23

Yesterday.... no fun.  I got the engine to run... hot start.   Not fun at all.  Scary as all get out, in fact.  I got a nice cut on my shin where one of the tail push rod guides got me (I used my leg to stop the boom while I held the head and hit my engine kill button).  Totally burned out a brand new clutch. That's the only damage I can see.   I called YS yesterday to talk to them about the engine.  Pretty cool guy there.  

Yeah, where is Eddie? 

Blade scrapes?  How about damaged mcpx blades?  I have a few of those. 

No gassers for me, Chuck.

Scott
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM
phillyD

Shucks Scotty Sir
I hate that that had to happen or is happening to you. Be well soon.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
dunkonu23

Thanks, Phil... It's not bad at all. I was joking about it with the guys from ExperienceRC this afternoon. But... the good news is... It's fixed!!! I flew it this afternoon. Just in time for the Dayton Fun Fly!

Now then.. Chuck... what kind of gassers? I'm sorry about that other response. I've been bummed about my V50 all week.

Scott
Old 09-16-2011, 04:59 PM
clp.eng

Thanks, Alex, I'll try that. I think the T-28 is really screwed up as it pulls to the left and climbs all the time! Several other Tuff Trainer owners commented on my maiden flight & they had similar experiences! Cr@p! The original vid I saw was it as a 3 ch, I just might try that until I can figure out how to get the ailerons to work better! lol

Scott - The guy said "2 30's & 1 60". Though now that I think about it, doesn't sound right. There were 2 large ones, brand unknown & a Thunder Tiger (I think), a very large plastic bag filled with spares & upgraded parts mostly still in the package. I think the Futaba radio came with it as well. All for a measly 1200 bucks. I gotta' go over there this weekend & see if he still has the stuff. I also want to thank him again for the boat.

Speaking of the boat, I just got 10 bucks for the Rx that was in it. So I actually made 5 bucks buying it. What a deal!! LOL

Chuck
Old 09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
dunkonu23

Chuck,

Thanks, bro. After my V50 debacle, I can't afford $1200.00. Total was over $600.00. Iwish I could get a vintage helicopter just to have it, though.

We're in Dayton this weekend for the Wingmasters fun-fly. Temps were down today and barely made 60. Windy, too. 70's tomorrow, so it should be better. Nice hotel, though... If anyone gets a chance to stay at a Drury Inn, do it. Free food and snacks. Pop (soda), too. Iwish they had one in Muncie.

Scott
Old 09-16-2011, 06:43 PM
clp.eng

Scott - I'll bet I could get all 3 for 1000 bucks for you! LOL 600 smackers to fix a heli - double OUCH! Sorry...

I'll be in OH 3 days next week - Tues, Toledo, Wed Akron, Thu Cleveland. Whirlwind tour of the northern part of the state! I have to give a presentation at 3 trade shows. Too bad I don't know anything yet! LOL Trying to figure how to bring the mCP X with.

Chuck
Old 09-17-2011, 06:04 PM
dunkonu23

Dunno, Chuck...  I just placed a $170 order for T-Rex 500 parts.  I crashed it again today.  Totally my fault.  I have to learn to NOT hit throttle hold accidentally.  I think $170 is a learning tool.  Inverted, during a flip.   Other than that, I have a bad Align DS410M elevator servo.  It's bounding up and down in fast flight.  I'm still having fun.  My velocity 50 and my HeadHunter fly great.   

Scott
Old 09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
clp.eng

Scott - I'm not sure what to say any more... I went by the house yesterday but no garage sale, so maybe he sold all the gassers.

I got the 2 extensions built finally for the new plank. Now to setup the radio. And try again. If that doesn't work, I'll try flying it as a 3 channel since the 2 vids on YouTube are that way ( version 1)

Made some progress with the new heli as well. There is no "good" way to put the ESC on these things. I'm on my 3rd try & I still don't like it.

Phil - any sqaulls on the horizon Capt'n?

Chuck
Old 09-18-2011, 04:35 PM
dunkonu23

Chuck,

It's all good.  Thanks for taking the time to check it out.    Fun fly next weekend in Delaware, OH, but I can't go.  Oh, well.  I have enough broken things to fix this week.   Hope you're flying is doing well, sir. 

Scott
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Just wanted to pop in and say " Happy birthday Scott". Hope you have many more of them to come.

Jerry
Old 09-20-2011, 06:47 AM
dunkonu23

Thank you, Jerry. i need at least 100 more! And I vow to lose weight and stop some other bad things this year to make that happen. One thing you don't see much of is fat little old men. Besides Ihave too much helicoptering to learn!

Scott
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
9sec240

Is it your Birthday today Scott?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
phillyD

Well Just a rainy Chucky...
But we got a little something brewing heading somewhere this way.

Wel Sir Scotty happy hundreth birthday
Old 09-21-2011, 03:30 AM
dunkonu23

Yep, it was my birthday on the 20th... Phils right... I'm old. :P

Scott
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
clp.eng

Hunker down, Skipper Phil...

Scott - Happy birthday from beautiful Independence, OH.

Chuck
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
9sec240

Well happy belated birthday Scott!

Just found an interesting video... not RC related in the least bit though.. well.. actually, the aerial shots were done with an RC heli.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDP7Pty8Qnw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 PM
dunkonu23

Thanks, Chuck and Ivan!   

I was thinking of going to Delaware, OH this weekend for a fun fly, but I really dunno.  It depends on whether or not I help a guy from work build his 550 3GX helicopter.  He's never built before.  He's got questions about his transmitter being able to work with the 3GX.  He's got a DX6i.  I told him it should work if he used a receiver. I think he has his heart set on a new radio.  If the new radio happens, we won't be building this weekend.  I think whenever we get to it, it's going to be fun. 

What are you guys all up to besides traveling around the OH state? 

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.