Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
phillyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Wowsers Ivan
You fixing to move again?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:35 AM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Wowsers Ivan
You fixing to move again?
Smacks of rice, doesn't it?

Scott

Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 AM
dunkonu23

duplicate.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:39 AM
9sec240

Phil, I moved in with my GF while I am looking for a house.

Scott, doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

I just wanted to pop in and say hello guys. I have been away from the hobby for almost a year now dealing with a long series of personal issues that just seemed to keep coming at me week after week. I finally got to go out and get in a couple of flights last weekend and it felt great. I hope to get out a few more times before winter comes, all things permitting.

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for a long time so, I hope all of you have been doing well and enjoying yourselves.

Jerry
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

I just wanted to pop in and say hello guys. I have been away from the hobby for almost a year now dealing with a long series of personal issues that just seemed to keep coming at me week after week. I finally got to go out and get in a couple of flights last weekend and it felt great. I hope to get out a few more times before winter comes, all things permitting.

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for a long time so, I hope all of you have been doing well and enjoying yourselves.

Jerry
Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
dunkonu23

Jerry has been through an awful lot this year.  Much more than most of, or at least I, could take.  It's good to see you flying again, my friend!

Scott
Old 08-25-2012, 06:14 PM
dunkonu23

I preordered the Compass Warp 360, airframe only.   I think it's gonna take the place of my 450 pro or I'll use the 450 pro as a beater.

Scott
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks Scott. I do have the manual but it just tells me how to change the parameters not what they actually do and/or why you'd want to change them! I was trying to guess which parameters would be affected by just changing the gears on the servos. I think I guessed right as it did not crash after the repairs. The factory defaults are specific to the 300X according to the 300X manual I was thinking it might be time to get a digital pitch gauge! Though I might try the tape method 1st.

Ivan - when did you dump your 300X? I eyeballed leveling the swash since my leveler was too big to fit. What do you use on the smaller helis for that? The blade tracking is slightly off after the crash. I'm probably around all day tomorrow (Sunday). I'd be happy to stop by & help you setup your 300X LOL!

jerrymac - always good to be flying - welcome back.

I watched a bunch of vids about the BeastX & AR7200BX & each one had a nugget some where in it. I still have a lot to learn though.

Chuck

Phil - I was thinking about you when I put this in my shopping cart! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80680.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1795232  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:29 AM
dunkonu23

Chuck,

Here's a link to the AR7200BX manual:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf

Here's a link to the tuning guide:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=279967

I hope this helps, bro!

Scott

Old 08-26-2012, 07:32 AM
9sec240

Chuck, what is the wing span on that? Curious how it flies. Are you going to fly it RTF or bind it to your spectrum?

I found the housings for that 4mm bullet but I only see one female bullet. Not sure where the bullets went to. IMO, I would just swap out the connector on the ESC. I always match the ESC to the batteries as this is only one connector to change versus all the batteries.

We can get together today and work on the 300s. That will give me an incentive to get that thing repaired. I need to make a trip to storage today and put away some hobby stuff. The house is getting out of control. I had big plans for IRCHA and brought some helis over but never finished getting the Protos 500s ready and forgot to grab batteries for the 550E. I won't be flying them any time soon so I might as well put them back into storage.

http://ar7200bx.beastx.com/ is a web page that Horizon just put up with the software updates. Not sure if it affects the 300 X defaults or if they have updates specific to helis. Check it out when you get a chance.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 AM
9sec240

This site is acting funny. Tried to post and it just went blank and then would not let me into the site. Must be better now.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 AM
clp.eng

Thanks, Scott. That Freak link is one I did not find. Yet more to read LOL.

Ivan - grab those car kits if you see them. I almost bought one at an estate sale I thought the tag said 25 cents but it was 25 dollars! I have some thing to do until later in the afternoon. I'll give you a call when I get back. The manual warned against updating the AR7200 unless you're willing to reprogram everything for the 300X by hand after the update. Thanks for checking on the connector for me.

It's a P-n-P so it's going on the 7S & it is 55" wing span. I think I can sit on it & take it for a ride! I'm still trying to find a club who will help me learn to fly.

Chuck
Old 08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
9sec240

Chuck, I had a bag full of stuff ready for you today... and none of it came from the back sides of the dogs LOL!! I have the three car kits and some stuff I got at IRCHA I thought you might like. We can set up your plane on my 9303 and can buddy box with your 7S. It won't take you long at all to get the hang of things.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:15 PM
clp.eng

Sorry Ivan! Life got in the way of fun, again! I hope I'm still elegible to rx the bag of non dog droppings! How about one evening this week (except Tuesday)? I found some 4mm motor plugs & I think I can figure out how to make an adapter from those. If you have just the housing, that might help as well! I fired up the retracts today w/ the servo tester- way cool!

As soon as I get it powered up, I'm going to challenge my neighbor's E-Revo to a drag race down the street! A little down elevator & WOT & I think I can take him.

Chuck
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
phillyD

SheevesIvan
At least you doin fine. Yea Scotty Helpin me out good
Ok Chucky
Good to know someone has kind thoughts for me, I don't find that a lot LMAO. Oh I'll keep an ear out to hear about the developments with that foam plank and the 3 blade prop.

The thread clutch in for a while now i'm behind.
Keep on trucking guys
Philip
Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 AM
dunkonu23

Phil,

Were you impacted by the recent storm? I sure hope not.

Anyone but me notice that RCUis virtually unusable several times per day?

Scott
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
phillyD

Just some wind SIR Scotty with no rain which I needed for the backup water cistern..bummer. Yea RCU would make you double post..just don't repost or resend for me it normally goes through.

Oh I have one for you guys. I lit up the cessna for night flying..well you guys know a vid will be done
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM
clp.eng

I took the 300X for a spin this morning to try out the new SuperSkids landing gear & the tail servo failed in flight. Landed w/o any damage but they are not in stock at HH until end of Sept. I can't wait that long, so i need to do a search on the Internet to find one!

Chuck
Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 AM
dunkonu23

Chuck, bro... you have the worst luck with RC stuff!!!!  I'm sorry you're going through this rough stuff, bro!

Scott
Old 08-29-2012, 12:56 PM
clp.eng

Scott - sometimes I feel that way too! LOL And it gets better:

I decided I can't wait a month for a replacement tail servo so I found one & ordered it online. This morning the UPS guys shows up w/ a box from HH.

First I'm excited, then I'm furious! If they sent me the servo & I ordered one too.... ARGHHHH!

But, no, all is well, they sent me the wrong servo!

Philly - always look forward to your vids. I saw a vid on plank retrieval from a tree using a shootgun! So we call Eddie if we need help!

I couldn't find a repalcement plug for the new T-28 so I replaced it w/ a XT60 which is on most of my packs now. I taxied it in the basement & all seems well. Now if I only knew how to fly an airplane! LOL

Chuck
Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 PM
dunkonu23

I hate it when Iget shipped the wrong thing! UGH!!!!

Man, I don't know what to say, bro...

S
c
o
t
t
Maybe that will help!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 PM
clp.eng

Scott - I try to keep my expectations low so when these "things" happen, I try not to get too upset! LOL

The tail servo showed up to today - way to go Quantum Hobby. Nice folks out in CT!

Ivan - I got thinking about what we talked about on the buddybox. I spent the morning on the deck in a nice cool breeze reading both manuals on how each could do this. Turns out the 7s has 4 trainer functions. I had to move the Tuff Trainer over to it so it could be the master & the 6i the slave. But super simple after that - the 6i does not need any setup at all & only the 4 joysticks are used as trainer. It worked like a champ (on the deck, not in the air!). Thanks for the idea!

While I was redoing the plane any way I double checked centers, throws, etc. Tweaked the best I could. A little thread lock on the screws. Now I just need a trim flight.

Chuck
Old 09-02-2012, 06:14 AM
9sec240

Not much in the way of RC lately. Consumed with the search for a new house. Went through my Rustler and got it ready to sell. Going to stick with the Slash for now.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:15 AM
dunkonu23

Good luck with the house search, Ivan! I hope you find one soon. Are you buying? Here, there are lots of good deals on foreclosed properties, but the down side is that if they've been winterized, there's a lot of expense in getting them habitable in terms of water, AC, heating, etc.. Still, there were three houses in our neighboorhood that sold for well over half of their original price. It's a buyer's market here, that's for sure.

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.