Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 AM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Very cool Scott. We have a motor home for work and I was going to use it for IRCHA but for the limited time I went this year, it just didn't make sense.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Phil - were's that nite vid???

Dave - What is diameter of that big guy? Way cool looking. Now that my life has less stress in other areas, I find crashing no longer has as MUCH effect on me! LOL Bring on that good karma though!

The parking lot is not that big but these guys accelerate at amazing speeds. My neck hurt watching them.

NM has zero trees & almost no water. LOL Thanks any way. Lookin' to take a trip to TN & see what the housing is like down there

Ivan - better luck next time. Was it that mini castle you showed me pics of?

The 300 is flying but not quite right yet and it changes sound after a hard tail move.

I've had 2 flying lessons on an airplane w/ a buddybox. 2 flights w/ the club gasser & 5 flights on the HK TuffTrainer. One of the instructors is an "Ivan" for planks. One short flight w/ the Tuff Trainer & a nickel taped to the wing & it was flying like a champ, well until I take over. LOL

Chuck
Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
phillyD

Yep Sir Chuckenstein
The nite vid is coming but I can't find any adult pampers
Old 09-16-2012, 04:21 PM
dunkonu23

Dave... Yep! I found the tent.

Here's our helicopter ride...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEqk1yGIc4g[/youtube]

Scott
Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 AM
phillyD

Shucks Chucky
I like your last paragraph...flying planks and such LOL
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 AM
phillyD

Shucks Chucky
I like your last paragraph...flying planks and such LOL
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM
9sec240

The 300 is flying but not quite right yet and it changes sound after a hard tail move.

I've had 2 flying lessons on an airplane w/ a buddybox. 2 flights w/ the club gasser & 5 flights on the HK TuffTrainer. One of the instructors is an ''Ivan'' for planks. One short flight w/ the Tuff Trainer & a nickel taped to the wing & it was flying like a champ, well until I take over. LOL

Chuck
Chuck, interesting on the sound change with hard tail movements. I am trying to think of what could possibly cause that. Where are you taking the lessons?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 AM
9sec240

RCU has been sucking soooo bad lately. I wasn't even able to view the forum since my last post.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:27 AM
phillyD

Seems they got it fixed now. I saw where the were sheduled for maintenance in the wee hours of this morning or something. Have a great day /night Sire
Old 09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
dunkonu23

I bet they're under attack from every script kiddie there is out there. I saw the down message last night. Let's see if the posting mechanism has improved.

Scott

Edit... Much, much better!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 PM
clp.eng

A couple of more lessons under the belt. Still need to land something. It's been kinda' windy around here.

Ivan - I haven't had a chance to try the 300X again. I noticed the tail servo was warm but it was 1 of the last really hot days when I last flew.

PhillyD - I couldn't find the ad that was giving away free adult diddies for you!

Chuck

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYuO3OepgI[/youtube]
Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 AM
9sec240

The T-28 looks nice Chuck. I see it is the Propmasters you went with. Good choice for the nice guys... too bad their flying field leaves a bit to be desired. I felt a bit cramped there and the trees on the far side of the field seem very close.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 AM
clp.eng

Instructor called this morning & said how would I like to fly right now at the park near his house. 30 minutes later I'm flying the T-28. Did four packs before the plane wouldn't make forward progress into the wind! He did a bunch of stunts with it. I did a couple of barrel rolls & a couple of loops

Ivan - very nice bunch of guys. The field definitely is small. They got a heli guy who is something else. I've been hinting I would like to talk to him on the side one day. LOL I tried to contact your club a couple of times but it took a couple of weeks for anybody to respond & then it wasn't very encouraging.

Chuck
Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 AM
phillyD

Very Nice Vid Sir Chuck feller
You make me feel jealous. I wonder if I can still rember how to fly hhmm

Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 AM
clp.eng

One of the new packs just stopped providing power & of course, it was on the down wind leg just before the turn. He manged to get it down & miss the chain link fence by about 1 foot! One of the elevators got a slight bend in it. Whew!

Phil - That was the instructor flying!. It's pretty easy to fly when there is an expert flier standing next to you ready to take control if you screw up! Plus, he's standing there whispering sweet nothings in my ear - "a little more up elevator in the down wind turns", "before you start the roll, point the nose up about 5°, go to full throttle & then pull full right", etc.. Stuff the simulators NEVER tell you! LOL

Chuck
Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
clp.eng

windy, rainy, cold - no outdoor activity today.

Off topic alert!

When I can't play outside, I've been doing other things - see pics!

Ivan - used what was left of the truck body paint but ran out! Interesting affect though...

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12276.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1803580   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97405.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1803581  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:08 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Dave, that thing looks wicked. What is the second platform on one of the arms holding?
Scott gets it in one. It's a GPS antenna. There's a board that mounts underneath (not mounted yet), which is the navigation controller. Feed it way-points and it will follow the path.

It's ~5lbs, and is 2.7 feet from center hub to center hub. With a 6200mAh battery, I can fly for 18min (w/o and payload).

Chuck-
We have a few trees, most are short. no water = no mold (or 'skeeters). And I very rarely say it's rainy...
Glad to hear that crashing has less of an effect on you. That will take the edge off flying.
Sounds like your getting some good instruction with the planks. That's awesome. Good luck with the model build.

Scott-
Nice heli flight, and great choice for music!

phD-
We've seen ya fly, no need for pampers! And at night, if you mess up, we won't know 'cause we see it.

Seems like Blade has come out with a bunch of good looking stuff. Speaking in which, these two are newer helis that we probably won't see in the states:
[link=http://www.henseleit-helicopters.de/R_TechnischeDaten_e.html]TDR[/link] 200km/h! (~125mph). I can't imagine screaming down the flight line @ +100mph!
[link=http://www.minicopter.de/en/diabolo]Diabolo[/link]

Started reading my heli flight book. He's big into sims and starting with fixed pitch (but not coax)

-Dave

Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 AM
9sec240

Chuck, the Camaro looks nice. Glad to hear you are finding stuff to fill your time. Hopefully I can dig out some of my old projects soon and get working again on hobby stuff.

Dave, the TDR and Diablo were both represented at IRCHA. Check out this video of a demo that Henselet put on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cbk8s8UlOk
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cbk8s8UlOk[/youtube]
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 AM
phillyD

ORIGINAL: dknovick

Dave, that thing looks wicked. What is the second platform on one of the arms holding?
Scott gets it in one. It's a GPS antenna. There's a board that mounts underneath (not mounted yet), which is the navigation controller. Feed it way-points and it will follow the path.

It's ~5lbs, and is 2.7 feet from center hub to center hub. With a 6200mAh battery, I can fly for 18min (w/o and payload).

Chuck-
We have a few trees, most are short. no water = no mold (or 'skeeters). And I very rarely say it's rainy...
Glad to hear that crashing has less of an effect on you. That will take the edge off flying.
Sounds like your getting some good instruction with the planks. That's awesome. Good luck with the model build.

Scott-
Nice heli flight, and great choice for music!

phD-
We've seen ya fly, no need for pampers! And at night, if you mess up, we won't know 'cause we see it.

Seems like Blade has come out with a bunch of good looking stuff. Speaking in which, these two are newer helis that we probably won't see in the states:
[link=http://www.henseleit-helicopters.de/R_TechnischeDaten_e.html]TDR[/link] 200km/h! (~125mph). I can't imagine screaming down the flight line @ +100mph!
[link=http://www.minicopter.de/en/diabolo]Diabolo[/link]

Started reading my heli flight book. He's big into sims and starting with fixed pitch (but not coax)

-Dave

LMAO pal. then i think I'll just go mess up everything including myself LOL
Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 AM
9sec240

Had a home inspection done at the house in Bartlett I am buying. No surprises. The house is 15 years old. The HVAC is original and probably due to start having issues. Hopefully it holds out for a bit. The water heater is only three years old and the roof is maybe 5 years old which are bonuses. The house is going to need a lot of painting inside and out. The lady that owns the house is "cheerleader mom" with two young girls so the inside colors clash with my manhood. One of the kids rooms is purple and the other pink. The master bath is also pink. The master bedroom has some orangeish faux texture paint technique which needs to go. The rest of the house has colors I can live with but really needs a fresh coat of paint. On the outside, it is going to need trim paint around the windows, doors and garage doors as these areas are peeling. While the garage doors do not need to be painted, I will likely paint them white which will look better than the current light gray. The rest of house is kind of drab on the outside (shades of gray) so I plan on changing the color of the shutters and front door from the current dark gray to probably a burgundy which should look much better. I imagine I will be quite busy this winter getting the house dialed in to my liking. I am getting somewhat excited as this progresses.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 AM
clp.eng

The black hole for money will soon be yours! Very good luck, Ivan. If you ever need an extra pair of hands, be sure to give me a call!

Chuck
Old 09-23-2012, 08:04 AM
dunkonu23

Congratulations on the clashing with your manhood money pit! Just kidding, bro! Seriously, congratulations! I wish I were closer so I could offer to help, too.

Scott
Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 PM
dknovick

Dave, the TDR and Diablo were both represented at IRCHA. Check out this video of a demo that Henselet put on.
Ok, so now I can image it! They sounded awesome.

Good luck with the house, and your manhood! So, how many rooms will your hobbies get?

phD-
Go big, or go home (messy!)

Something to help spur us all on to improve our flying:
Kyle Dahl @ the [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT8SmdKb4Qo]3D Masters[/link]

Finally got outside and did some rock climbing on real rock on Saturday

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32123.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1804190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91620.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1804191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95173.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1804192  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
9sec240

Dave, the new house has a finished basement and I am going to try to keep the hobby stuff there. I am sure it will likely spread and multiply though.

Love the last picture of all the climbing gear.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 AM
clp.eng

Dave - that guy is a biggie! Can't wait to see some vids w/ it in the air. Water is pretty important to me! LOL

Phil - GO FLY IT ALREADY!!!! LOL

Ivan - I have NO doubt the basement will overflow! Too bad its finished, you can't do things w/ abandon! When is closing? We're trying to schedule a trip to TN to look at some homes.

Been too windy for lessons so I've been forcing myself to use the sim. Added some wind to make it more interesting. I had a bit too much the 1st time as it blew the T-28 over as soon as I started taxiing! I've been doing flips & rolls w/ the heli on the sim but still can't control well enough to simple figure 8's! Go figure...

It was a bit warmer & less windy this morning, so I took the 300X for a spin. It was really squirelly the 1st pack. I figured it was because I was flying so many planks I forgot about helis. Nope, I had bumped a switch for the AILE D/R. Next 2 packs were just fine. Very stable except for a slight tail twitch. Need to reread the book & see how to adjust the gain. It's a bit tuff making adjustments w/ the heli upside down trying to read the little blinking lights. I need to get the USB cable kit.

Thought I'd join the 21st century & ordered a Kindle Fire HD. I need some new geeky stuff in my life.

Chuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.