Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 AM
phillyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Scotty
You make the custom mounts? or you get them from the same guy on the freak. I you make them are they of the same style or different..maybe I'll get one from you. We'll happy house jumble on the weding LOL

My bird is slightly tail heavy..maybe moving the ESC and the Electronics battery pack will solve that.

Mums the word
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23497.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1819451  
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
dunkonu23

Igot the custom mount from the guy on HF.

I'd just move the ESC and the battery location if Iwere you to test it. It does look good, though!

Scott
Old 11-11-2012, 08:16 PM
phillyD

Yes Sir scotty will do. Next stage to make a decent recess in the fuse for for the motor. It will look like a souped up car with the air intakes on the hood LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM
dunkonu23

NACA ducts.

We all need ducting!

Build it up right, Phil!

Hey on another topic... we're looking for a place to go on vacation in the late winter next year... any nude resorts in BVI? LOL!

Scott
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
phillyD

Yes Siree Scotty
The nude beach is only open in the day though..bummer LOL....on an Island Named Jost Van Dyke. It is an internal ferry ride(sister Island)from Tortola. You can get here trough St. Thomas Us virgin Islands. Seems you are gonna beat Ivandown here LMAO
Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: phillyD
Ok here goes let's see who cries first aaaawwww http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffEYq...layer_embedded
f-ing awesome! Buy that man a beer or three, but not when he's retrieving an RC plane.

Scott-
I like the quad's so much, I'm going to get one myself (the one that I've bounced in my cul-de-sac is for work).

Ivan-
No Nano for me. But like Chuck, I might be getting something bigger. Track looks like a blast.

Chuck-
Time on the ground AND time in the air, what a day!

phD-
Sexy looking lady!
Wish we would drop daylight savings time.

You guys see this:
[link=http://www.gizmag.com/techject-dragonfly-microuav/24900/]Dragonfly[/link]
[link=http://www.techject.com/index.html]TechJect[/link]

Now with daylight savings kicked in, it's dark by the time I get home from work. This past weekend was crappy (cold and very windy), but should warm up a bit later in the week. It did allow me to build a new desktop for my wife.

Chuck, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the Nexus 10

-Dave

Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
phillyD

Geez Dave
What next are they gonna come up with a hovering coconut LMAO
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
dunkonu23

Phil,

I was joking about the nude beach, bro! Nobody in their right mind would consider being nude if they looked like me! LOL But, we are definitely looking for a place to go on vacation!

Scott
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
dunkonu23

I'm holding off buying anything until after my daughter's wedding this weekends, Dave. Those buggy things looked cool, though! Ido want a quad, but I'm between a rock and a hard place regarding which one.

Scott
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM
phillyD

Hmm Scotty
I know whether joking or not, this is still a stop...and you know what? This vacation spot got stuffyou can fly; ah ha. You cant beat that with a bat.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
dknovick

Geez Dave
What next are they gonna come up with a hovering coconut LMAO
Done, sort of:
[link=http://dvice.com/archives/2012/10/get-your-own-pe.php]Personal Death Star[/link]

Scott-
But isn't that always the case at a nude beach? The ones you want to be nekked aren't, and the ones who are you don't need to see.
No worries, I might pull the trigger on one of the robot dragonflies. I can understand hold purchases until after the wedding. Which quads do you have your eye on?

-Dave
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
phillyD

LoL on everything Dave LMAO. I am not gonna think of any outlandish device again as it is all out there
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
dunkonu23

LMAO!!!! You will never find me on a nude beach!!!!

Dave, how in hades do you find that stuff?! The Death Star... LMAO!!!!! Too funky!!!

Scott
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 AM
9sec240

If you can't figure out how to move your electronics / tail servo forward far enough to sort out the CG, I would run a bigger battery to balance the weight. You will need more mAH with the heavier heli to get the same flight times as pre-fuse.

I would have to see where you need to cut the fuse to make the flybar fit. Is it possible to have a custom extended main shaft made to get the clearance you need?

Sir Ivan, Chucky, Scott and guys
It pains me to write this but I need you help convincing me/tell me what to do or to say it is ok in my thinking[img][/img]
I'm putting a fuselage on the hurricane 550. I'm not telling what kind it is but..

1 if I put it how it is supposed to go, I have to move the tail servo to the boom

2 If I do that it will come out as is stated by most people with fuselages... it will come out tail heavy. I don't want to add more weight(bigger battery or Lead) to the front. canopy weighs 1.3lbs

3 How I have it now it will come out balanced(generally) but I'll have to cut the nose of it for the motor to stick out the top. It has to be cut anyway as the gaui motor is at the top..no problem with that for me.

4 If I work this strategy, the flybar at full deflection(dunno if it actually goes there in flight) will hit the top of the fuselage at the furthest edge towards the back.

Can I cut off a piece of the fuselage at the top so the flybar can pass freely? I would need to remove about an inch. Would this be acceptable to you guys or is it not necessary as the flybar does not deflect that far in flight [img][/img]

Please tell me what to do or I'm gonna put everything in the dumpster[img][/img]

Chuck you can have all my lights if you help me solve my dilemma

EDIT At most I wanna do a loop with it

Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 AM
9sec240

Guess I responded after the fact. Looks great Phil!! I love the MD500 fuse. I have one for a 450 that did not get built due to the move to the condo. Some day maybe.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
dunkonu23

Ivan,

Still closing this weekend?

Scott
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
phillyD

Ok Sir Ivan
You are not late. Thanks for impressing on me that if I need the same flight time I would need a bigger battery. I moved the mechanics of the heli so high(also to get the boom centered) that a bigger battery will not fit although as you might notice, the nose job is already installed. I so don't want to add more weight. I don't want a sluggish heli. The fuse alone weighs 1.3lbs along with what Balsa i'm adding. I may still get a 3000Mah battery; and if it is too nose heavy whith that battery to how I am setting it now,I can always move the ESC, BEC and the RX battery pack back to where they used to be...YES I already pulled it back out of the fuselage, topush further back in the fuselage. I'll have to letout the tail servo pushrod. Your comments are always highly regarded and are welcome. My speciality tools are growing. I'm going to rip some balsa to lenghten the rails the mechanics is sitting on. http://www.mytoolstore.com/dremel/670.htmlan then only this left http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dremel-Rotar...item3cc2f0a059
Comment as you wish
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Dave - good choice. Let me know how you like it, esp how Google treats you! Ya, it was just one of those days when the planets aligned! RedRocket Hobbies is selling those Death Stars!

Philly - Huh, what? Sorry I can't offer anything constructive w/ ur problems. I can barely put kits together w/o going off on my own! LOL Good luck & I'm sure the others will be able to get you over the hump & into the air.

Ivan - T minus 2 & counting??? My offer of help still stands!

Scott - weddings, I did 3 so I know what you're going through & you have my sympathies! Godd luck to the happy newly weds! Live long & prosper _U

Pics of my cop out project. The ice sailboat seemed a little much, so I settled for an air boat. It should work pretty good on the ice & snow this winter (Phil ice & snow is cr@p those of us up north get instead of rain when it gets cold - Oh, cold, that's when you need to wear a sweater outside but worse! LOL). I've seen vids of it on the water & it ain't to bad there either. The Rx should be here in the next day or two & I can start the build.

Chuck

Name:	Wt58945.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1820744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73837.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1820745  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM
phillyD

Chucky..you're Jammin good. That swamp boat should be nice. My build had to be restarted. Oh I wish for some cold air.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM
dknovick

LoL on everything Dave LMAO. I am not gonna think of any outlandish device again as it is all out there

Scott-
How do I find it? I come across stuff as I tip-toe through the internet.

Chuck-
The 32G Nexus 10 sold out in about 60 minutes. I'll just have to wait for the next batch.
RedRocket... I haven't been to that web site before. I've now added it to my list.
Looking forward to seeing the Swamp Dawg motoring around.

phD-
Good luck with the restart
I do have the dremel drill press, and like it. The rotary saw attachment looks cute.

Ivan-
Almost house time!

It's time to update my small camera to HD. I was using either my Canon Point and shoot (a bit bulky sitting in my hat), or the 808 keyfob camera (neither of these was HD). Anyone have an other suggestions?

I also have a question about chargers. I've been using the Hyperion EOS 0720, and since it can only put out 90W (using the internal AC adapter), I can only charge my 6200mAh batters at <1C. Anyone have experience with higher output chargers?

-Dave
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
clp.eng

Gees, Dave, didn't you sit outside the store all night so you could be 1st on your block to have one?? I've purchased a couple of things from Red Rocket. They send out coupons from time to time & have sales. That's how I got the DX7S - on sale plus 8% off coupon. Haven't had any issues with the stuff I bought so not sure about their service.

I have the 808 & a Canon Point & shoot which I put on a tripod when I want good vids. I remember somebody here had a Sony camera that was small & was adjustable that went well on the baseball cap!

I have a pair of Turnigy ACCUCELL-6s (50W) that have been going strong for several years now. I've kinda' had my eye out for a slightly bigger charger since I got the 2S 5700mAh LiPos for the truck but my power supply is only good for 8.5 amps, so I'd have to get another one as well.

Phil - sorry to hear you had to restart the build! Can you reuse the scale body?

Took the 300 out for a spin to try out the new LiPo I got for it. As Ivan put it "Chuck got ballsy" & I put up above the house & did a couple of medium speed piros trying to get the nerve to stop it nose in. Almost, but not quite today! But it felt good to have sweaty palms again! I really like the helis I just wish I could get over the fear factor! LOL

Chuck
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 PM
phillyD

Ok Chuck
I think there was 3 people with the sony base ball cap biz...J-Michael, Eddicus and myself.

On the Scale build... yes same body but gotta modify the rails the mechanics are sitting on. I gotta make 3 more holes in the fuse; 2 for a screwdriver to get down and bolt the frame down, and one slit to let out the tail servo rod. Looks like it is gonna be a drilled frame ooops I mean drilled fuse LOL

Yes Dave becoming a techno like you LOL
Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
dunkonu23

Phil,

It's on my short list. Ifound a great hotelFrenchmans... that's by Trip Advisor ratings. Idon't know anything about it except from what people write its in Tortola.

Scott
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
clp.eng

Phil - that's right I remember now J-Michael talking about it! Would a different frame work better for you? There are some cheap FBL units now I heard (HobbyKing ~$85USD) maybe that would be worth it!

Scott - I can recommend St Lucia if you're heading down that way. Beautiful island (see pic) & lotsa' tourist stuff or just sitting on the beach.

Chuck

Name:	Ec89624.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1821090  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 AM
clp.eng

Just got back from the school after flying 4 packs through the TuffTrainer. I haven't really flown much since my last lesson. In spite of some stiff gusts, I managed about 15 landings, a couple of touch & goes (never tried before - these were more like landings in trouble than on purpose! LOL) & some fine patterns. At times the wind above the trees got so strong the poor thing would literally stop in flight & I'd have to give full throttle & turn to get it moving again. Good fun, ZERO damage.

Unfortuantely, I had to cut short the fun due to a family obligation this afternoon...

Chuck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.