Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 345 of 374 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 9332

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Yea Sir Scotty
    Check out Long Bay hotel.

Sir Chuck
    I may have gotten to old to work out Flybarless gyros LOL. The heli is back in the fuse now..Let's call it a drilled fuse LOL
    Belt CP Day and Night helis, DX6i, 401 gyro, 9257, HS65MG cyc, 30A, CNC 7075 tail/head,Gaui 550 in hughes fuselage quark gyro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Phil - that's what I thought before I bought the 300. While there is a lot of stuff to set, they provide some preprogrammed things to start with & then it's like tweeking the gyro. It's pretty imtimidating if you want to start from scratch! I'm looking for a frame to build a FBL some day... maybe even a 550...

Went flying twice today. Once to impress the grandkids who never showed any interest before today. I managed to hit a tree with the TuffTrainer. Broke a prop & my puffy chest! LOL

Then I went over to the school after they left to try some more take off & landings. It was a bit windier then yesterday so I decide to just fly circuits. I got the 1st flight above the trees & the SE winds shoved the plane to the NW. I lost orientation after a few seconds & banging the sticks around didn't help much because the sun was so low it was hard to see what it was doing, Long story short, I held full throttle & full up, the dot started to sink, oops I might be upside down! So I did a loop & managed to figure out where it was & what it was doing & managed to get it back. Part of the prob was I was using an older 800mAH, 18C pack & it didn't have enough steam to fight the wind. the 1000mAH, 20/25C packs did just fine.

On further inspection, I found I cracked the foam at the end of the battery port, probably one to many "nose" landings. I'm guessing a popsicle stick for a little reinforcement & some foam glue & it will be like new. I score this as another good day!

The airboat Rx is at the post office for a Monday pickup!

The granddaughter (6yo) got really excited when I hovered the mCP X for her. She asked to see it & really gave it the once over asking what all the different parts where. Maybe I can hook her! Then she wanted to see the big fly, so I hovered the 300 for a few seconds. Then she wanted the 450, I told next time....

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes Sir Chuck
    I understand about the wind. I've had the cessna hovering at full throttle LOL
    Belt CP Day and Night helis, DX6i, 401 gyro, 9257, HS65MG cyc, 30A, CNC 7075 tail/head,Gaui 550 in hughes fuselage quark gyro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng
    Gees, Dave, didn't you sit outside the store all night so you could be 1st on your block to have one?? I've purchased a couple of things from Red Rocket. They send out coupons from time to time & have sales. That's how I got the DX7S - on sale plus 8% off coupon. Haven't had any issues with the stuff I bought so not sure about their service.

I have the 808 & a Canon Point & shoot which I put on a tripod when I want good vids. I remember somebody here had a Sony camera that was small & was adjustable that went well on the baseball cap!

I have a pair of Turnigy ACCUCELL-6s (50W) that have been going strong for several years now. I've kinda' had my eye out for a slightly bigger charger since I got the 2S 5700mAh LiPos for the truck but my power supply is only good for 8.5 amps, so I'd have to get another one as well.
    Nexus 10 - not sold in stores (yet). Online, Google sold out of the 32G model in less than a day. I think Staples is taking pre-orders for a mid-December delivery. I can wait a bit.
    I signed up for the RedRocket mailing list.

There is a HD version of the 808 out now, I'll look at some more reviews/videos (of different camera's) and let ya'all know. I'll look into the Sony variant.

I could squeeze out more power if I switched to DC (150W, vs 90W w/ internal AC), but that would require another power supply.

Sounds like you're getting in some good stick time. Congrats on the T&Gs! Nice recovery. The nose, not just for landings!
    Looking forward to seeing vids of the air boat.
    Hook those grandkids early!

phD - Being a techie is half the fun! I always enjoy buying new tools.
    Nonsense on too old to figure out the gyro. The brain: use it or loose! (see techie sentence above).
    LOL, hovering cessna.

Used the weekend to get both hexacopters flight ready. Turns out I didn't order the longer cable for the second hex for the navi computer/GPS. So I got the second one flight ready, and included the GPS in the first one. GPS is sweet! Fly it up to a point, flip the channel switch, and she just sits there. Bump the vehicle over to the left, let go of the sticks, and she just sits there. There's also Altitude Hold, but either I don't have it set properly, or I don't know how to use it. I'm doing a better job of hovering than the computer. That ain't right!

Over the turkey-day weekend, I'll add telementary to the hexs and start getting real-time data (and be able to fly way-points).

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Dave
    Here's one for you...converting my newly acquired Jigsaw to a table/band saw .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darn, if the new surface Rx for the airboat isn't DSM2 & my Tx is DSM! Sigh....

So I can either use an aircraft Rx or buy a new surface Tx. Let me see... I'm working, I can sell the DSM Tx. The new Tx comes w/ a $45 Rx which I can sell. I bought 2 cheapy Rxs so I can put one in the Slash & then sell the Traxxis Tx & Rx. Hey I could end up making money on this deal....

The DX3C is on its way!

Chuck

P.S.
    Happy Thanksgiving to everybody as we all have stuff to be thankful for, yes!?
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes Sir ChuckYes we do have everything to be thankful. Although British The Thanksgiving has rubbed of here..Let's kill a turkey LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Ok Dave
    Here's one for you...converting my newly acquired Jigsaw to a table/band saw [img][/img].
    LOL, hopefully not ripping or crossing cutting anything big. Way to re-purpose those tools!

Chuck-
    Decisions... decisions...

Oh yes, lots to be thankful for. Good health, good hobbies, good heli friends, and good sales!
    Happy Turkey day everyone!

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Phil - ya' I forgot about the birds! They don't have that much to be thankful about, do they? LOL But it tasted very goo! I used to woodwork & I remember having a table I mounted my saber saw upside down on & used it as a small "table" saw. It worked just not very well!

Dave - I don't dare look at that link! I'd have to hurt myself if I found the Tx cheaper than what I ordered it for!

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Scott

PS... Ivan must have closed...
    ALeeS RC Flight Team Manager, Rush 700, Spartan Vortex VX1 Inside
    Team A Main Hobbies/ProTek Field Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Dave and ChuckI'll see how the mod works LOL. Yes hobbying pieces only. Oh Chucky can you remember why exactly why you didn't like the upsided down biz? I don't expect to me cutting anything over an inch thick in wood and 5 mm in aluminium(already cut without the mod).

ScottyIvan Closed?? What does that mean....I'm the only one left in the Looney BIn?.... Ivan has closed the door on his new house and can't get it to reopen? LMAO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Looney bin is intact, Phil!

Closing means Ivan bought a house and the "closing" is when he signs 30 years (typically) of his life away.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea Scotty
    Damned right. That seems to me like "closed out"

I owe you guys a pic...bird nearly finished; balance a lot better but still needs weight( a bigger battery like Ivan said). I brought the head speed up to just lift of speed in the house and mainly not a vibration present. I gott to learn to lift of this bird all over again..because of the backward tilt you have to do right aileron and foward elevator. good thing is is not as bad as this pic with the degree of back throw or should I say throwback LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70414.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	1823038  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is that yours or a real one in the picture, Phil? Just wondering because I'm looney!

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll get you my pic soon LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phillyD

I'll get you my pic soon LOL
    I was wondering where the fly bar went!

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Phil - "closing" means he closed his wallet too late! LOL The saber saw blade rotates slightly in one direction to allow free form cutting. So when you mount it upside down & try to use it as a table saw, it wasn't very accurate. I went out & bought a 10" table saw & used that for many years - very accurate but expensive, dirty, noisy & took up a lot of room in the basement! And is very scary! More than my 450 heli even! LOL

Or you can add a jack under the tail for take offs! That is a weird shape. I wonder how they really take off in that thing?
    Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahh Sir Chucky
    I am in the closing stages of the saw biz. I realise on thing though, they do not like lateral pressure on the blades..the the blade start doing all kinds of sweet stuff LOL. I should be able to cut some curves over the regular table saw. We'll see.

Yea I wonder if they feed foward elevator in too to take of that heli. The rotor head has a pitch foward though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng
    Dave - I don't dare look at that link! I'd have to hurt myself if I found the Tx cheaper than what I ordered it for!
    That's what I always do after I buy something, I stop looking! I stay happier that way.

phD- That'll be a sweet looking machine. Going to put rocket pods or a chin-mounted machine gun on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8RC...eature=related
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8RCdhnPmY&feature=related[/youtube]

Picked up my own Blade mQX quad, and since I live in NM, I also picked up the UFO canopy. Since my favorite radio (Multiplex Royal Evo) is dragging it's feet on converting over to 2.4G, I also purchased a Spektrum DX8.
    Also ordered the robotic dragonfly that I mentioned a little while back (won't be here 'til Oct), a nice DC power supply for my battery chargers, and a cute mini o-scope

-Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Capt'n P - watch those fingers! Rotating bblades just love to kick back chunks at the operator - welding helmet might be in order - one w/ racing stripes would look nice on you!

WOW, Dave, you must have been a mighty good boy for Santa to get you sooooo much soooo far before Xmas! D@mn if I didn't get a coupon today & coulda' saved 10% !

I like the saucer canopy! LOL I think you'll like the DX 8. HobbyKing has a cheap LiPo Tx battery pack for it. I got it as charging the NiHm was a pain. It also seems to last forever!

I think the AMA might frown on that option in the heli vid! LOL

I can remember "real" o'scopes having less specs than that & we thought they were hi-tech... Oops, showing my age.

I was looking at FBL & stabilizations systems & I'm thinking I found me a nice little project to convert my "new" 450 to FBL. Some of the 3-axis systems are very intriguing (and expen$ive!).

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder how Ivan's making out? I guess home ownership means way too much work! LOL!

Either that or he's doing some pipe fitting.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What are you guys union pipe fitters or what?? LOL

Great minds, Scott, I just wrote a note to call him & see what's up. Too late tonight...

clp
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Na...

Okay... I'm going there...

Local 6969 Pipe Layers and Fitters.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wowsers I ain't sayin nuzzin else

EDIT hhmm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77738.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	1824558  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He's alive & well & should check in soon! Ivan that is...

Phil - is that an airplane sticking out of your tail or are you just happy to see me? You shouldn't have ANY prob seeing that thing in the air. Looks really nice. I hope it flies well for you!

Scott - naughty but LMAO!

Got the new Tx today. So this weekend I should be able to spend some time with the air boat build & converting the trucks to Spektrum. The "orange" Rx was quite happy to talk to the DX3C so that prob solved. I guess you can solve most probs by just throwing money at it....

Chuck
    It's always something...