Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 348 of 374 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 9347

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Happy Holidays!

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott - I wouldn't wish my house today on anybody. The out of towners have been here three days already & more showed up last night!

I've been trying to think how I could sneak over to Ivan's for xmas & be bored w/ him w/o the expensive divorce lawyers & children I'd never get to see again!

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Scott - I wouldn't wish my house today on anybody. The out of towners have been here three days already & more showed up last night!

I've been trying to think how I could sneak over to Ivan's for xmas & be bored w/ him w/o the expensive divorce lawyers & children I'd never get to see again!

Chuck
    LOL! Tonight we go with family... tomorrow family comes over here... it's nice having everyone so close... they leave and go home! LOL! Seriously, it's a great time of the year. Having your family around you is the best!

So, for you, Chuckster, Ivan, Phil, Dave, and everyone else... Happy Merry Holidays Christmas! Life is good. Enjoy!

Scott

ALeeS RC Flight Team Manager, Rush 700, Spartan Vortex VX1 Inside
    Team A Main Hobbies/ProTek Field Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott, the seller accepted the offer. Her realtor cashed the check. The problem is on her bank's side. The house is a short sale (selling for less than what they owe) so her bank needs to approve the amount and the sale. That is what I am waiting on.

Chuck, see you Thursday.

Everyone have a happy holiday!!
    Ivan
    There is a very fine line between β€œhobby” and β€œmental illness.”

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea Thanks Scotty
    Best wishes to you and everybody for the new year ..health strenght and money for bigger RCing LOL, But we nee to keep our eyes on Chuck. He reminded me of me when i was a serial killer.

Good to have Ivan back. I was weally weally worried(Elmer Fudd) that he had gone the way of Shane, Bill, Jmichael, Eddicus Etc.

Yes Ivan I agree with Scotty. you need to run rough shod over those folk that cashed yourcheese without a positive forth-comingnote...
    Belt CP Day and Night helis, DX6i, 401 gyro, 9257, HS65MG cyc, 30A, CNC 7075 tail/head,Gaui 550 in hughes fuselage quark gyro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can now start my "Prepping"...  got an emergency weather radio with flashlight and smart phone charger... all powered bya crank!    Gotta love it!  

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Damn, if I didn't screw up the rebuild on the 300x! Ivan picked up the heli & said Oh look you screwed up again!! LOL No he didn't say that I did when he showed me what I missed!

Great seeing you today, Ivan & thanks for all your help. I went back to use the sim & it worked great but I tried to figure out what exactly you did & couldn't. There were no changes I could see in the Tx except it's a heli instead of aero. Was that IT??? I actually got some nose in practice (it was ugly!) w/ the T-Rex 450 which is a 1st!

Scott - you needed that for Mayan ending last week. Oh well, your ready for the next one!

Phil - where's that vid of the scale chopper?????

Dave - I'm waiting to see pics of ALL those things you were getting from Santa or Unca' Sam or ...!

I hope everybody had a great holiday.

I got a pair of 7# dumbells from the lovely missus, so guess what my wifey thinks of me, hey??!?!?!

Chuck

P.S.
    2nd viewing of the Hobbit tomorrow but this time in 3D with High Frame Rate (48fps) - I won't sleep tonight I'm so excited...
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OOps Right Sir chuckyfeller
    I did fly it yesterday..wellI'm so out of practice of flying, i can remember how to start my camera recording while it is on my head, i can remember the position to get vid mostly in the air and not on the ground LOL, and could't you tel me that vibes (not afftcting the gyro) was going to shake my horizontal stab and nose off the fuselage off the heli 100 feet in the air? Well it was damn you know what..windy. the canopy is so hard(relatively) to remove by hand. minor damage of the stuff falling out of the sky. I think I have to close the windows LOL

On the brighter side the turnigy nanotech 3300 sent the blade revs through the roof(maybe new battery) and that thing was wild and sensitive. To me the hurricane didn't even notice it had 2 extra pounds of weight lugging around.

Work has me slipping and sliding all the time even at 1am this morning, I'll evaluate and see if it is worth putting the vid up..or maybe I should as folks are hungry for a vid or...if no vid it did not 'appen LOL

oh my bench balancing was soo spot on it only needed one click foward elevator.
    Belt CP Day and Night helis, DX6i, 401 gyro, 9257, HS65MG cyc, 30A, CNC 7075 tail/head,Gaui 550 in hughes fuselage quark gyro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Scott, the seller accepted the offer. Her realtor cashed the check. The problem is on her bank's side. The house is a short sale (selling for less than what they owe) so her bank needs to approve the amount and the sale. That is what I am waiting on.

Chuck, see you Thursday.

Everyone have a happy holiday!!
    Still, bro... that's odd it would take this long. It's almost as if the bank is waiting for something better. Do you know if the seller is still making payments? If the seller is not making payments, the bank may foreclose and want to take the house to auction if they think they can beat your offer. It's senseless, but Kyle's daugher and her new husband had two bank owned houses pulled from the market that they made offers on. The bank put the houses up for sale in auctions.

In any case, I truly hope this works out for you, bro!

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Phil - I got some hemorroids I think that contraption can fix for me! LMAO...

Dave - I was poking around my computer trying to clean it up a bit & ran into a link for the Walkera FP & there you were. I read some of my early posts -what a duffus... LOL Sadly I'm not much farther along!
    Yeow! LMAO
    Walkera, and of course, the Falcon FP forum! Duffus? Naaa, it's all about helping out by either answering or asking questions.
    Sorry to hear 'bout all the problems with the TX. What's the latest problem?
    My first viewing of the Hobbit was in high frame rate and 3D. Liked it!

phD- "Sick mudding flowers" Not really sure how to take that.
    Glad you got outside for some flying.
    Vid! Vid! Vid!! Vid!!!

Ivan-
    If you're bored, you're not living right! You won't be bored for long, enjoy this time.
    Sucks about the house, ask phil if you can borrow his "chair" that'll get things moving
    The nano sounds just like the mQX, they both can take a beating.

Scott-
    A 5min response time sounds a bit stressful [:'(]
    This is Spartan vortex!
    Vortex I wish the specifications where more, well, specific. Sensor Type: Balanced ring MEMS with digital interface just doesn't do a whole lot for me.
    emergency weather radio powered by a crank... so powered by any one of us?

Windy the past couple of days, and cold (well, for me). I hate flying in the cold. Still need to get a benchtop power supply, and the Nexus 10's have sold out again. But one of these days, I'll take a picture of my "work" area. Put together a new computer for my wife a couple of weeks ago, so among other things I'm helping set it up and transfer files over (iTunes is such a PITA). Also putting together a YoYo holder/display case. And purchased a ton of PC games from Steam...

Happiest of New Years to the lot of you!

-Dave

Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave,

You have to see the unit to understand. Iknow you do a lot of work with stuff and I think Angelos has posted the gyro type on Helifreak somewhere. It's defnitely not a game type sensor. But, the genious is in the programming. The DataPod is a work of art. Angelos had to write all the libraries, fonts, etc, himself and it's truly the most intuitive RC device I've ever used. It's beyond elegant, Dave. Initial setup is much easier than any other device I've used and it's all because of the DataPod. Ihaven't flown it yet... it's cold as all get out here and it has been snowing on and off for the last two days... But... I'm certain I'll love it.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahh Sir Scotty
    Snow. I usally ask for someone to send me snow; I did that one time too much and a lady from Canada brought snow in a can(add to water and Voila) LOL

For Chucky when he returns..the take off was not hard; once the skids leave the ground the heli hangs correctly. You just need to get it off the ground.

I just finished locking the nose piece down. I added 4 more magnets on top of the ones there and added a closing mechanism recommended by my resident Full scale pilot/aircraft mechanic/electronics engineer/rc nitro plank scratch builder, Crocky. I wonder if it can be identified in the pic.

I gotta look and see what i got on cam if it is worth posting. Another guys filmed it, so when I get that file I'll do that one.

EDIT photo not showing up in attachment window although It can be opened on the computer aaggrrhh

EDIT had to use another computer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr49870.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	1834764  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Ahh Sir Scotty
    Snow. I usally ask for someone to send me snow; I did that one time too much and a lady from Canada brought snow in a can(add to water and Voila) LOL
    Yeah, I tried the just add water thing for warmth up here... got ice... New T-Shirt... "Got Ice?"

Watch out where those huskies go...

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best Wishes to all and sundry for the new year

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Happy new year to all miscreants herein!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Happy New Year all!

Phil - turbo rocket booster to get it off the gnd? I'd have to go some where where they have snow making machines to get you any! Just broke a gazillion yr old record of 310 days w/o an inch of snow on the gnd here! What global warming...

Dave - 3rd viewing (2x 2D + 1x3D) & it just gets better! I'd like to see it in 2d HFR (if it exists that way). I believe the HFR helped with the crazy camera movements during battles. Every 12th click of the roller of the new Tx, it "catches" (force to move increases dramatically) lesser of 2 evils at this point. Lotsa' good memories & help from the early days! The sim is much more reasonable since Ivan messed with it! I was nose in hovering a T-Rex 450 for 30 - 40 seconds at a crack this morning. Maybe some hope yet.

Scott - Still on call? Did you get any? How's the sleep? Lotto tickets? LOL

No wind today but a high of 20Β° F. Anybody tried one of those Tx bags to fly yet? I'm guessing it would need a heat stick to really work around here. The school park was just so empty & calling to me...

Everybody have a good one!

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still on-call until the 13th, but not as primary. I'm doing my thing. Getting any? LOL!!! Sleep? Yep... last day off today. I slept until 11.

I wanted to fly today, but... it's snowing some.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dunkonu23

Dave,

You have to see the unit to understand.Β* IΒ*know you do a lot of work with stuff and I think Angelos has posted the gyro type on Helifreak somewhere.Β*Β* It's defnitely not a game type sensor.Β*Β* But, the genious is in the programming.Β*Β* The DataPod is a work of art.Β*
    It looks like a great unit, and I'm sure the gyros are better than in the wii (however, you can use the wii sensors for an autopilot MultiWii). I've interfaced to some of these types of gyros @ work, and the problem with all gyros is drift. I'm just surprised in this day and age that new FBL systems aren't all incorporating accels as well.

The DataPod is a thing of beauty, and anything that really helps with setup is a blessing. 50% of your time can go into the embedded programming and then 80% more can go into a good user interface. Kudos to Angelos!

phD- That sounds like a lot of magnets. Don't fly near anything steel, or you might have a problem getting it off!

chuck-
    3 Hobbit viewings, wow! We definitely liked it in 3D HFR.
    Is the trouble with the TX something with the hardware "clicks", or do you think it's a software glitch?

Happy New Year to you lot!

Finished migrating data over from the wife's old to new computer. Now I'm turning it into the new MythTV machine (a Linux version of Tivo).
    I did purchase the Nexus 10 tablet (should be here on Monday), and a triple output power supply for my "work" bench.
    Also picked up a proper left-handed scissors.

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Incedentely Sire Dave
    I just removed 3 of the magnets today and put another of my locking mechanisms shown in my earlier post at the bottom of the nose. I also put a screw through the horizontal stab. maybe I'll get another test fly Sunday.

Chuck I'll see if i get a snow making machine here for you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Motorhome is approved!!!

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott - not laying pipe but getting any calls!!! LOL Congrats on the mobile domicile. Happy trails to you...

Dave - even HH didn't know what the prob was. I'm guessing S/W since it worked in one direction & not the other (orig Tx). The "new" Tx is definitely a H/W prob. I'm guessing a burr on the gear or something like that.

PhilD - AOK & good luck w/ the next test flight. You do realize you can EDIT a movie to just include the good stuff! LOL Of course, we'd miss all the witty stuff from you & your "crew". I wouldn't mind the snow so much if it just didn't end up on the street for rush hour! How's traffic "down" there in the islands?

I've been trying to repair the J3 Cub & the micro Telemaster. Solving some interesting problems. It is cold enough for the lagoons to freeze, so I'm encouraged to return to working on the airboat. Both trucks are now as good as I can get them.

Chuck

P.S.
    Phonix just added the Blade 300X. I hope it flies like mine!
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chuck,

Well... laying pipe ain't bad! Looks like Ihave a motor home... not the one I wanted initially, but even better!!!! The thing looks NEW!!!!! I'm excited, my wife is excited, and Schumi is excited!!!!!!!

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chucky
    Traffic in the area where is live is medium but in town when there are 2 or three cruise ship in port, you are better off walking. Everything in town is generally walking distance...well that can be relative for someone like me who used to work in the gold fields(jungle) of Guyana and at one point and place used to walk 7 miles to work, digand wash for gold all day then return journey to sleeping area LOL.

Oh Chucky my head needs editing first and i am not geetting time to do that, so..LOL

I Was hoping to give a little fly today and get a vid..but i don't feel like fighting 26mph winds. As a mater of fact I got 27.9mph but lost that reading
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85061.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	1837402  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chuck
    It's always something...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models