Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:16 AM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This time of year is super slow for everyone. Nobody is desperate enough to want to fly in this crappy weather and we have the holidays all mashed up around here. Hopefully things get a little more hobby related after the new year.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:32 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Oh, those crickets, Scott. I just got it! Boy am I slow....

I just put most of my packs into storage mode. I kept a couple of the big ones charged in case I can get one of the 450's in the air AND I decide to go to the dome.

Holidays it is, Ivan! Talk to you soon!

Phil - Brrrrrrr!!

Chuck
Old 12-06-2013, 07:05 PM
clp.eng

I just receive from HK a DRX 3 Axis "Flight Stabilizer" Rx. Unfortunately, it's meant for planes! But it will be fun to play w/ next spring. Not sure which bird I will put it in.

Chuck
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 PM
phillyD

Crickets and ears my foot Sir Scotty ooops "era" Just because a guy got a little busy and am helping people set up their brand new DX 9, an am also just back(today) from Puerto Rico attending an endangered Iguana species workshop, which will take all of my remaining spare time which is the time I normally sleep.

You Sir Chuck and Ivan will be happy to know two things 1. I am literally breaking the ice and will be cold soon in queens New York, Beginning Dec 25th.... Maybe not as cold as you though. I have Started to travel a litle again. 2. You guys are the next stop but I will not be coming there between no November and february though nah nah nah naaa nah.
Don't worry though, I keep you abreast as to when I go to Canada to visit my daughter....dunno what time of the year that will be....scamper scamper escape 20 degrees F below. She already had that number

Last edited by phillyD; 12-06-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 PM
dunkonu23

It's good to see you guys, again. Very busy here with ALeeS now that we've left ReadyHeli. It's all for the good, though. New model coming out in the spring and another one around the time of IRCHA or so.

Phil, you're right...it's way, way cold here. It was in the 50's twenty-four hours ago, then... boom... the bottom dropped out. Have fun in NYC, bro. Enjoy the new TX!

Chuck, you equipment *****!

Scott
Old 12-10-2013, 06:35 PM
dknovick

Over the Black friday weekend, I purchased HK electronics for my tri-copter.
KK 2.1 flight controller
Afro speed controllers (SimonK firmware & all N-channel FETs)
motors, props, servos, etc.

Any of you have any experience with the Orange RX stuff? I picked up a few of those as well.

along with the worlds smallest o-scope (soon to be the 2nd smallest, he's working on an o-scope wristwatch), and other electronic gadgets.

and watched the extended version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. There was some flying in there!

Scott-
How does being team manager work?

Ivan,Chuck - It's cold here, but will "warm" back into the 40s by the end of the week, and it's always (well almost) a blue sky!

phD- Happy trails!

-Dave

Last edited by dknovick; 12-10-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot my name!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:47 PM
dknovick

almost forgot!

smartphone controller paper airplane...

Powerup 3.0
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...paper-airplane

Last edited by dknovick; 12-10-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 12-10-2013, 08:28 PM
clp.eng

Hey, Dave - the HK Orange Rxs went through some birth pains but seem to be OK now! I've used them both in airplanes & helis & they worked just fine. Ivan & I both got some bad ones awhile back but they replaced them. I just picked up an Orange 3 axis flight stabilizer w/ Spectrum DSM2 Rx built in for use in an unknown at this time airplane.

Almost makes me wish I had a smartphone! Built pics/vids please!!!

Chuck
Old 12-11-2013, 01:04 PM
9sec240

Chuck, the Dome eNiter is this Saturday from 11pm till 3am. Jake and I are planning on going. Trying to get Alex to go too. Larry from my work may bring his son Nathan out also. Would be nice to see you there.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:39 PM
dknovick

Originally Posted by clp.eng
Hey, Dave - the HK Orange Rxs went through some birth pains but seem to be OK now! I've used them both in airplanes & helis & they worked just fine. Ivan & I both got some bad ones awhile back but they replaced them. I just picked up an Orange 3 axis flight stabilizer w/ Spectrum DSM2 Rx built in for use in an unknown at this time airplane.

Almost makes me wish I had a smartphone! Built pics/vids please!!!

Chuck
That's what I thought I remember. I picked up the DSMX 8ch for the tri, and a couple of the 6ch DSM2 for my fliteTest foamies.

I saw that one! A whole lot of stuff in that small package. Thought it was over kill for the foamies, but I was going to keep it in mind for the future. When you finally place it in a plank, I want to hear about it.

Ivan- Fly something for me @ the dome.

Of course I'll post pics!

Still waiting on my Dragonfly, they're having all sorts of problems (mainly suppliers).

-Dave
Old 12-11-2013, 08:35 PM
clp.eng

Ivan - What is an "eNiter"?

Dave- got my tickets for the 1st show on Friday the 13th for The Desolation of Smaug! Sorry I couldn't make it to the midnight premiere! Forgot I have an ORange surface Rx in one of my boats as well!

I was picking up an RC truck for my grandson's xmas present & was fondling the quads but didn't come home w/ one. I'll wait & see how yours turns out & maybe I'll build one for a winter project...

Chuck
Old 12-14-2013, 12:10 PM
9sec240

Chuck, page three of this newsletter. http://www.suburbanrcbarnstormers.co...MTR2013Dec.pdf
Old 12-15-2013, 02:22 PM
9sec240

Chuck, it was very nice seeing you last night.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:47 PM
clp.eng

Likewise, Ivan!

Chuck
Old 12-22-2013, 02:47 PM
phillyD

Merry Christmas Everybody..off to NY Wednesday(Christmas day)
Old 12-22-2013, 04:45 PM
dunkonu23

Have a very safe trip, Phil! Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

Scott
Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 PM
phillyD

Boo Hoo It is only me and a hamster
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 PM
9sec240

Happy holidays everyone! Even your hamster Philly@
Old 12-25-2013, 11:32 AM
dunkonu23

Merry Happy everyone!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:41 PM
dknovick

Hope everyone got what they wanted under whatever deity's symbol you use.

Ivan & Chuck - That eNighter sounded like fun. I'm jealous.

Chuck - We were finally able to see "Smaug" on the 23rd. Did you see it in 3D? We decided to treat ourselves and watch it in 3D @ the IMAX theater. They had some nice effects.

phD - Happy trails!

I received my package from HobbyKing on the weekend before x-mas. When I opened it up, I realized that I didn't get any prop collars so I can't attach the props to the motors. Kinda takes the fun out of it. Luckily, they had what I needed @ the US warehouse. We'll see how long those take to get here. Of course, after I placed that order, I remembered that I also didn't get any batteries for my foamy planks and tri-copter. So I placed another order.

Other than that, I've just been doing my usual buying of PC games during Steam's winter sale. Love those 66-90% discount on games!

Hopefully, this week, I'll be able to get to my foamies and tri-copter.

-Dave

Last edited by dknovick; 12-29-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: word correction
Old 12-29-2013, 05:09 PM
clp.eng

I hope everybody had a good holiday (deity or not!) & hamster or not! The last of the family left today so things should get back to normal now.

Finally found a reasonable deal on an 800mm T28 & ordered it. FMS from Hobby Express

Ivan - did you light up the house with holiday lights to annoy the neighbors??? lol Santa bring you any new helis???

Dave - I've seen it 3 times, once in 3D (Ultimate Screen Real3D & high frame rate) - it is good any way you watch it! Smaug was just to good!!! You aren't getting old I hope? Sounds like something us oldsters would do with those orders! LOL Amazon had 2 crazy days of free games so I took everyone of them especially since the grandsons were coming to visit & they have 9 different devices they bring with games!

Scott - hold on to your britches there is a real nasty pair of clippers heading our way!

Phil - will we see you as the ball drops in Time Square this week?? Just you & the hamster...

Chuck
Old 12-31-2013, 04:56 PM
clp.eng

Happy New Year to all!

Chuck
Old 01-01-2014, 07:15 AM
dunkonu23

I probably should have held on tighter. My fall on ice at the end of the driveway resulted in torn cartilage in my right knee. I've been home the entire holiday and working from here the last two work days. I will see an orthopedic surgeon January 17. But...

Our new years celebration was great last night. We had our traditional clam pizza that is always just soo good. All in all a great holiday season.

On the ALeeS front, we announced our deal with Tim Jones' Cyclone blades, Adventure RC is our major equipment sponsor, and we're coming out with new models starting in spring of 2014. So all is good there.

I hope everyone has a great 2014!

Scott
Old 01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
clp.eng

Scott - sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope it's not to serious when you check w/ the doc!

The crickets here are under about 18 inches of new fallen snow. I shoveled (no thrower!) about 10 times in the last three days!

Found a sale on heli parts & ordered the Copterx version of the main shaft bearing holders hoping to fix the non mounting servo probs w/ the HK version. I looked at the Align parts but they were about 1.5 x more expensive & this is an experiment as it maybe some thing else causing the problem!

I've got an EXI 450 w/ a FB & I'm thinking I may convert to FBL at some point. I'm guessing I just buy a new head assembly & FBL controller & I'm good to go. Yes? That seems to be the only diff on my 2 helis, sorta'

Chuck

Last edited by clp.eng; 01-02-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:53 AM
dunkonu23

Originally Posted by clp.eng
Scott - sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope it's not to serious when you check w/ the doc!

The crickets here are under about 18 inches of new fallen snow. I shoveled (no thrower!) about 10 times in the last three days!

Found a sale on heli parts & ordered the Copterx version of the main shaft bearing holders hoping to fix the non mounting servo probs w/ the HK version. I looked at the Align parts but they were about 1.5 x more expensive & this is an experiment as it maybe some thing else causing the problem!

I've got an EXI 450 w/ a FB & I'm thinking I may convert to FBL at some point. I'm guessing I just buy a new head assembly & FBL controller & I'm good to go. Yes? That seems to be the only diff on my 2 helis, sorta'

Chuck
I heard you guys got slammed with snow out your way. Here, we got about 10 inches and it's well below zero, now. It's going to get colder, too. Unfortunately, because of my knee, I don't get to go outside and get rid of the snow in my driveway and sidewalks. Kind of a counter productive thing, too.

Regarding your FBL conversion, new head and a controller are typically all that is needed.

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.