Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help, I can't get out! I'm buried under a mountain of snow & ice

And the temp can't seem to find it's way over ZERO!!!

Even if we wanted to come see you Phil we can't get outta' the country due to the wx!

Chuck
Old 02-07-2014, 03:55 AM
dunkonu23

Phil, your friend is evil!

Seriously, though... this is some ugly stuff. While backing out of my driveway, I can't see over the snow walls on either side of the driveway, so it's pretty much a blind shot onto the road. More snow Saturday and Sunday.

The snow on the sides of the freeways here is breaching the "Jersey Walls" (the concrete barrier). When they plow the shoulders it's just going over the wall and onto the other side of the road. Parking lots have absolutely HUGE snow mountains in them. On the road where I live, the width of the road has decreased by about 10 feet due to snow pile up. There is just no place to put snow, now. At work, we're considering a pool where the winner will guess when the last snow mountain is fully melted. I would put down some time in April.

Then, yesterday while driving to work I found out that ABS systems and recovering knees do not work well together. I had two incidents of my car's ABS system coming on while stopping at consecutive traffic lights. The feedback went right through my lower leg to my knee. The second time, it was excruciating. As a result, I'm working from home today and all of next week.

Chuck... somehow!

Scott

Last edited by dunkonu23; 02-07-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:12 AM
phillyD

Ooohhhh I love evil friends. Sir Scotty Damn you made my knee hurt. Geez I don't know what to say aaagggrrrhh. I think my tolerance is low for pain now as I got a stomach bug. Up since 3am vomiting...my knee hurts again
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 AM
dunkonu23

I hope you feel better soon, Sir Phil! Being sick is no fun.

It's snowing, again!

Scott
Old 02-09-2014, 07:38 AM
9sec240

Crazy on the ABS and the knee. I can see how that would be painful. I hurt my knee recently and it is just getting a bit better now. Still can't bend it all the way due to swelling but at least I can get up and down stairs decently again.

Man I have been busy at work and this weather (shoveling / snow blowing) is getting out of control too. I haven't had much time to RC until just recently. Gearing up for E-Fest this coming weekend. Made it out to the dome this weekend with Alex and Jake and got our combat wings all dialed in. Need to get a couple more planes / helis ready still.

Glad to hear from you guys.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:29 PM
phillyD

Well folks I have broke another record after all the tests you can think about..dengue fever..family to west Nile virus, they are wondering how I got over it in39 hours and the medical people were telling me to bear up for 3 more days.
Ivan weakly good good to see you..easy does it on The knee bro; I'll be watching my knees carefully
Old 02-11-2014, 03:59 AM
dunkonu23

Ivan,

I'm sorry about your knee, bro. It's an injury that affects everything a person does. I'm glad yours is getting better. Me? First PT was yesterday. All the exercises are easy except one, which is easy one way, but excruciating the other way. They tell me after two weeks things should improve rapidly. I sure hope so. Fun fly season is approaching fast--I'm looking at going to Birmingham again this year as it's ALeeS' home event.

Phil,

What did you have? When I read dengue fever, I said, "Woah!" Is BVI in the region where it is? I thought of it as more an asian disease. Whatever you have had Phil, I'm glad you're feeling better, sir! Keep going until you're back fully, my friend.

Scott
Old 02-11-2014, 03:16 PM
phillyD

Yes Sir Scotty
The BVI is 35 minutes flight from Puerto Rico..but the whole Caribbean and south America has it lol...yes got rid of that so quick that I managed to find space for the gentleman' malady of back pain almost got rid of that as I speak
Old 02-11-2014, 05:19 PM
clp.eng

Exclamation Gruesome

This place has gotten pretty gruesome here in the last few weeks! I know what you guys are going through with the knees & you have my sympathy! I've had surgery on both mine.

I live in deadly fear of West Nile as it likes to kill us old farts! There have been numerous deaths here in beautiful Lombard a 5 hr flight to PR & almost 7 to BVI!

I might as well add my own:

I cut my thumb helping the missus chop veggies two days ago & am now realizing how much one depends on the use of the thumb & it's my left thumb & I'm right handed! There's been definitely no flying! I had been trying to use the sim every day or so.

OK you guys all beat me!!!!

Chuck
Old 02-15-2014, 02:34 PM
clp.eng

Default Quadcopter

I found this baby pretty cheap & since I've been wondering what all the fuss was about...

Once I figured out the manual had Mode 1 & 2 backwards, it flew pretty good except for a little toilet bowl affect. I took the props in the basement & balanced them & that seemed to help.

I practiced nose in quite a bit & EVEN moved it around nose in. This has much potential to be a learning tool. Way better & more fun then the computer sim!

I did see a robin yesterday. I'm wondering what the h3ll it's going to eat though since there is still feet of snow on the ground!

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3783.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	1968761  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:07 PM
dknovick

Scott- Ow! Yeah, I can see where ABS would not be a good thing on a bad knee.

phD- Sorry to hear about the bug, real glad you recovered in record time.

Ivan- Keep 'em flying.

Chuck- Ohh a quad! Nice. It is a nice stable learning tool. I finished The Hobbit two weeks ago (the NPR broadcast), and for fun, listened to the BBC version as well.

phD, this is for you, makes me want to install a sound system in all my birds:
http://youtu.be/QWtAYSv0rZU
Thanks for sending some snow here. We got a couple of inches 2 weeks ago. It's all gone now. Don't feel like you have to hold back, send it all my way. We're 15° above average here, high's in the mid 60's all week. Been doing a few flights with the hexacopter @ work, but nothing really exciting.

-Dave
Old 02-20-2014, 02:35 AM
phillyD

Sir Chuck where did the robin go to.

Bro Davye that Heli is a mean machine..geez flybarless; makes all my helis look like dinosaurs. I wonder how Ivan and Scotty is jamming.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
clp.eng

Hey Dave, glad to oblige! You can have some of the 1" of rain we got today which is causing all kindsa' flooding problems around here!

Phil my friend,I think he flew the coop! Or if the robin was really smart he went back south for a couple of months!

Talk about bizarre, check this out : http://youtu.be/gl5gHplqpgA I think I found my NEW winter sport!

Chuck
Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM
dknovick

Originally Posted by phillyD
Sir Chuck where did the robin go to.

Bro Davye that Heli is a mean machine..geez flybarless; makes all my helis look like dinosaurs. I wonder how Ivan and Scotty is jamming.
I loved the sound system! Dino? Naa, your just spinning it old school!

Chuck- The rain didn't make it. Probably ended up as virga, which is just another word for "if we lived anywhere else, this would actually be reaching the ground".
Love the roster tail on the snow boat!

For those stuck in the snow, build a Snowball!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_luVDeU0r2g&list=UU9zTuyWffK9ckEz1216noAw -Dave

Last edited by dknovick; 02-24-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 02-25-2014, 08:36 AM
clp.eng

Sorry about the rain, Dave. I'll try harder next time!

The Snowball had much better ground handling than my Swamp Buggy in the light fluffy snow. I had the Swamp Buggy out the other day but half the yard was frozen & the other half wasn't so it kept getting stuck.

And it was COLD out there!

Chuck
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM
clp.eng

Now if they could make a heli this small...

Chuck
http://youtu.be/ayovPr_WjSM
Old 02-26-2014, 06:12 PM
dunkonu23

Breakthrough today at PT. I think my knee is going to get better! After two months of hobbling around, I'm actually walking normally today after PT. Birmingham, here we come!!!

Scott
Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 PM
dknovick

Originally Posted by clp.eng
Sorry about the rain, Dave. I'll try harder next time!
Chuck
Please do. In the 60's again this week. There is a chance for rain on Saturday.
A stuck swamp buggy in the cold doesn't sound fun at all.

That is very small! The Blade Nano is small, but not that small.

Scott-
Awesome!!! Of course your knee is going to get better, we didn't think otherwise.

And now for something completely silly!
http://youtu.be/IANwb_qT1gg
-Dave
Old 02-27-2014, 08:49 AM
clp.eng

LMFAO! Thanks Dave!

Chuck
Old 02-27-2014, 10:38 AM
phillyD

Wow Got some catching up to do.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:34 PM
dunkonu23

Dave,

Thanks, and LOL!

Today, I was walking around at the office. My area has a raised floor so of course there is a ramp to walk up. Needless to say that after two months of hobbling around, I stumbled. Electric shock type pain. Boom. But, the knee recovered again. I'm happy about that.

I'm really looking forward to winter being done. Record cold tonight.

Scott
Old 02-28-2014, 08:03 AM
clp.eng

Phil - read fassssst!

Scott - Winter? What winter? We had 68" of snow so far more coming this weekend. Last year we had 10"! Be careful w/ that knee!

I thought I'd try flying the mCPX after a week of nonstop quad flying. OUCH! I could barely keep it in the air. Looks like I need to practice both! The quad is definitely fun but easy.

Chuck
Old 02-28-2014, 06:45 PM
phillyD

Please someone send me that squirrel, I would fly every day.. well the squirrel lol
Old 03-01-2014, 02:38 PM
dunkonu23

Chuck,

It's snowing again right now. We've had 7' of snow here this winter so far. It doesn't melt, it evaporates. Yesterday at PT I was hoping for the same thing to happen. No go there. The knee will get better, it will just take time. I hope I don't fall in one of the gopher holes at the field in Birmingham.

Scott
Old 03-03-2014, 07:46 PM
dknovick

Originally Posted by clp.eng
LMFAO! Thanks Dave!

Chuck
Anytime! Keep all of 'em flying. I need to get on the sim or outside soon!

phD - I'll keep an eye out for the sqwerrl

Scott - Keep up the good knee work

Stop hoggin all the moisture! We did have 0.18" of rain over the weekend (yes, that says < 0.25", we measure in the hundredths here).

- Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.