Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

An easy way to balance MSR blades

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

An easy way to balance MSR blades

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Mike01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An easy way to balance MSR blades

My MSR was having some vibration issues due to the blades being out of balance. It didn't really affect how it flew too much, but I like a balanced machine. I don't have a blade balancer, but because the MSR is to tiny and easy to work with, I came up with a simple solution.

I took th MSR held it in my hand and spooled it up. There were vibrations. I took a piece of scotch tape and stuck it to one of the blades. The vibrations were worse. I move the tape to the other blade. The vibrations were better. I stuck another piece, and it smoothed out even more. Back and forth like this until there were no vibrations. Took all of 2 minutes and didn't require taking the blades off.

Just thought I'd share, in case anyone else wants a quick and easy way to balance their MSR.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
bcr1953chevy

Default RE: An easy way to balance MSR blades

Great idea! Ijust purchased a Blade MSR. It rotates slowly while hovering and I can't trim it out. It appears to rotate in small steps, not smoothly. I was wondering if my flybar was balanced. I'll give your tape idea a try and see if this helps.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Mike01

Default RE: An easy way to balance MSR blades

I haven't tried it on the fly bar, but no reason it couldn't work.

When you say rotates, do you mean spins on its axis like you're applying rudder, or swings in circles like it's a pendulum on a string?

It's not easy to trim the MSR, because it creates its own instability in the form of turbulance. You need to be sure its drifting because its out of trim, not because its being pushed by wind.