Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade MSR Main Rotor Grips - Washers and O-Rings

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade MSR Main Rotor Grips - Washers and O-Rings

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Encoder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade MSR Main Rotor Grips - Washers and O-Rings

I just replaced the blade grips on my MSR and noticed as I was assembling it that the blade grips along with the o rings and washers were very tight and hard to line up. While it was difficult to do I did finally manage to get them fastened. Was this your experience also? Did it become much easier to assemble after removing the extra o rings?. I guess I need to remove some o rings.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
bcr1953chevy

When I installed the O rings, I accidently ended up with 2 sets and YES, it was very tight.

When you have the MSR rotor apart, examine the main rotor head. You will probably notice that the O rings are already installed. They are located INSIDEthe main rotor head. If so, you only need the washers. If there are no O rings inside the head, then you may have incorrectly installed the new ones. They need to slide inside the head.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:32 PM
jdsadler

In responce to a lot of the posts, as someone else already mentioned and I'd like to reiterate...as CT420 stated, the o-rings are there on all of them. They are recesed in the center hub of the head.  If you try to put on new ones and find it is too tight, you need to ensure you resess them in the head. if you can't it may be because the old ones are still there. This was my problem. As another person mentioned - yes there is some loose play in the blade grips and the center hub when it is all reassembled. Don't sweat it. If the o-rings are installed properly and the brass washers in plase (I actually flew without them for a while)it will fly. Aside from that, don't forget to compress your swash plate with the provided orange tool regularly and you should be good. The stabalizer bends easily - replace it if you still have issues , or just place it on a flat surface to check if it is bent. Mine was as well.

I love this bird.

Thanks all for your comments and expert advice - great post!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:36 PM
diabolic-mind

i am flying mine without the o rings and washers and other than a very slight shake it flies just fine. another thing you should do if you have not already done so is balance the blades. when i balanced mine one blade was much much heavier. i used a exacto and slightly shaved some of the plasitic off the heavy blade until they sat level. it reduced the shake even more and it flies alot smoother now. i have also had the problem with the cap popping off the tail motor, i am curently installing a motor from an air hogs plane as a replacement, once i get it soldered and test it ill post back with how it works