Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

just purxhased:Blade msr

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

just purxhased:Blade msr

Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Jaspur_x
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just purxhased:Blade msr

ok guys , I just got home with my new blade msr. Out of the box it seems very flimsy , but what can you expect for something so micro.
I`m charging up the batteries for the first time as I type.
I had the local shop where I bought it order the full glow in the dark kit ( or all the parts whichever) and toldhim to keep stocked up on the usual breakables whatever they might be. He handed me a spare set of blades , grips, and those tiny washers that I`m sure are imposible to not loose.

What do I have to look forward to as far as problems with this model?
I have some experience with heli`s : lite machines lmh110 , blade cx , cx2 , cp and cp pro and now the msr are my fliteline heli`s , but I am no trixter with the cp or pro , just basic flight is my arsenal so far; anything more results in swapping parts lol

So , lets hear it guys , I`m going to try flying it now lol..................
Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Jaspur_x

Default RE: just purxhased:Blade msr

Well , first flights went well considering my skill level , and cramped spaces I have here.
It is surprisingly nimble , agile and maveuverable.............or twitchy/touchy by my accounts.
It is more resilient to crashes than I would have thought.

So far I really like it , not as much as my lmh110 or cp pro , but it is a lot better than I expected , a real blast to zip around the livingroom and kitchen with.

On a side-note , my girlfriends 2cats do not apreciat it at all , whereas my dogs like to sit and watch lol
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Jaspur_x

I wonder how long it will be until there is a fully aerobatic model this size out on the market?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
res3567

There is one.....but this is the wrong forum to talk about it......E-flite is probably taking notes and I did ask them for one....their best so far in the micro class is the soon to be released Blade SR......all they gotta do is shrink that heli down to the size of the mSR......
ORIGINAL: Jaspur_x

I wonder how long it will be until there is a fully aerobatic model this size out on the market?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
ct420

If you can even just hover a CP heli with no trouble, then flying the mSR will be EASY

It has a few strange tendencies that your CP helis do not have, but all in all, it flies very nice for what it is. Also, it is by far the most durable heli in my fleet. I have ran it full speed into walls, even stepped on it once and I still have all the same parts on it that it came with.

Eventually, if you crash it just right, the blade grips will come apart, and you will lose the tiny brass spacers, so it is good you got some spares.

I like the mSR just the way it is stock. Avoid the temptation to do anything that adds weight. The heli with battery only weighs ~29grams, so even the tiniest increase in weight makes a difference...

Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Jaspur_x

After a few flights on this little sweety , and some closer observations while waiting for the bateries to charge ( the local shop was sold out ) I can not imagine trying to design a cp rotorhead that small.
I gotta give them credit though , the " servo" arrangement is genius in its simplicity.

Quote:
There is one.....but this is the wrong forum to talk about it......E-flite is probably taking notes and I did ask them for one....their best so far in the micro class is the soon to be released Blade SR......all they gotta do is shrink that heli down to the size of the mSR......
ere is one.....but this is the wrong forum to talk about it......

I`m in the dark there so you have to pm me those details please!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 AM
ct420

I don't think I would want a CP heli as small as the mSR. Rebuilding and setting up a CP head that small would be NO fun IMO [X(]
Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
AndyW

I think a fully collective heli in the size of the Walkers 4#3B would be well received. But make it as stable and agile as the MSR. AND, make the main motor at least, brushless. Getting ten flights out of the main motor is the real pain. I for one would line up for such a machine.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Ribbit

Just remember to use the calibration tool after every crash.  Just takes a couple seconds to make sure the spacing is right.

And the single MOST IMPORTANT RULE EVER cut the throttle just before you crash!
You have to anticipate an impending impact and cut the power to the motor.  The thing is extremely durable, but you're far more liable to break something if you keep powering the rotors into a solid object.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Jaspur_x

Oh , I will not want a fully aerobatic herli this size , but I am curious how long it will be until one is built. I`m sure many my of fellow modelers are capable of flying one of these , and want one , but not me!