Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

The 3rd heli question !

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

The 3rd heli question !

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 3rd heli question !

I've sure gotten some good feedback and done some quality reading here on this site.
A little review so you heli experts don't have to guess my experience :
-20 plus years of r/c plnes, usually over-powered .60 sized warbirds.
-Fascinated by the progress of electrics after a couple years of almost no flying I've gone all electrics,Parkzone types and similar sizes.
-Ahh.Those little helis look like a blast. Fly in the God forsaken winter, too ! Let's buy an MCX. Great, now an MSR.
-This little hornet has been a real challenge.....and really fun too. All that r/c plane experience it looks like it helped me...zero .
-While sure no expert by any means I can fly nose out, nose in, etc. on the MSR with weak skills in forward flight, but it's still not totalled.
-I'd asked about a third heli and got good advice I think to get th new SR. Not yet available I guess, but regardless through I find myself with a CP+.
-Got a spare battery and haven't even run it yet. Truthfully the reading gives me the impression this thing is far from ready out of the box, some guys even give the impression it's darn near unflyable stock !
If I mount up the training gear and go to an indoor gym I'm blessed with access (and keys!) too, is this thing going to bite me ?
As obvious I'm pretty new at these, I'm, not looking for 3-d, just hovering, forward/backward continuing to learn the reflexes.
I have a Spektrum 6 but know that'd require a 2.4 receiver, a clue on how to set it up, etc., so stock (it sucks jerking around with a 72 radio again ) everything can I have fun with this thing ?
Should I get that recommended optional gyro they have in the manual ?
Thanks guys, i really appreciate and value your input. Doug
Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The 3rd heli question !

Doug,

The Hiller head on the CP+ isn't that hard to control, but for a newbie it might. I jumped right to the Bell-Hiller head on the CPP and that was too much for me when I was learning to fly.

I think the G90 costs too much for an Ok gyro. I had a Futaba GY240 and GY401 on my CPP and that helped some, but the only way I could get it to work was I had to get a seperate ESC for the tail motor. The biggest improvement was a Direct Drive tail motor. There was a company that sold a kit, but I can't remember the name. If you can get the E-Flite version from the CPP2 that would also work.

Nick