Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 pitch

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 pitch

Okay I am trying to set my pitch but I can't get my low and high equal.....the blades are 0 at mid stick, -4 at low and 9 at high....i have leveled the swash plate as best I can but how do I get my low and high equal?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: Blade 400 pitch

Your swashplate probably isn't centered. You will need to adjust the outer links equally on the swashplate in the direction of the negative pitch. You will need to redo all the links in the head to get 0 degrees of pitch at center stick. Once both pitches are equal you can adjust the swashmix for pitch to get more pitch for both pos and neg pitch.

Nick
Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Wnuk

Along with what Nick has posted, make sure your servo arms are at 90 degrees when the sticks and trims are centered. By what you posted, you need to lower your swash a little (adjust all 3 ball links the same amount) and then readjust for zero degrees at mid throttle stick. Keep us posted.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
ads8525

I will give it a try tonight when I get home...thanks for the input
Should I invest in a swash leveler?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Wnuk

You can if you'd like. I don't own one and honestly don't see the need for one. You can get it very close by eye and then fine tune it once you are hovering and see which way the heli wants to drift, usually it isn't much of a change.

Many guys like them so its more a personal decision.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: ads8525

I will give it a try tonight when I get home...thanks for the input
Should I invest in a swash leveler?
I use a swash leveler all the time. It also helps to minimize CCPM interactions at both max pos and neg pitch.

Nick
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
1320Fastback

I just use an Allen wrench zip tied to the main-shaft (with the head off) for leveling the swash...Why buy a tool when you simply want it 90 degrees to the MS.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Along with what Nick has posted, make sure your servo arms are at 90 degrees when the sticks and trims are centered. By what you posted, you need to lower your swash a little (adjust all 3 ball links the same amount) and then readjust for zero degrees at mid throttle stick. Keep us posted.
+1 with Wnuk,
I have never used a tool or Allen wrench while setting up heads except once. I set up my heads by eye and make final adjustments after a hover. I did use a tool on my 500 T-REX once but found it was not madatory. So for my 400-500 and 600E, they are all done by eye and final trims after a hover. I might add that after I did use the tool on the 500 and it was dead nuts level! it still needed some tiny trim after the hover. DON'T misunderstand........ you can't go wrong using one, they are just the end-all.

JPEE
Old 02-25-2010, 01:02 PM
ads8525

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Your swashplate probably isn't centered. You will need to adjust the outer links equally on the swashplate in the direction of the negative pitch. You will need to redo all the links in the head to get 0 degrees of pitch at center stick. Once both pitches are equal you can adjust the swashmix for pitch to get more pitch for both pos and neg pitch.

Nick
I checked my swashplate and it is as level as it can be, I even got a little tool to make sure. I have the same issue, stick all the way down is about a -3, mid is 0 and high is 10......So I got frustrated and tried to hover it but it won't even hover. When I go beyond half stick it's like it's fighting itself and you can hear a change in the sound of the blades as they rotate. I checked to make sure the blades are tilting to cut into the air and they are so my settings for the swashplate in the radio are correct and not reversed. I know how to fly when it comes to helis, I just don't know how to make all the adjustments becase I have never had to. The heli was flyng fine before messing with it, except it pulled hard to the right so figured I would fix that issue and learn how to adjust everything from from scratch based on some videos I found on the internet, instead of fixing and learing I have created another issue. Any suggestions?