Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Blade SR Tail Motor

So Ihave had about 4 batteries through my SR now, and it seems as though the tail motor just went. It won't come on, and if it does, it only spins real slow. Adjusted the gain, and no help. Has anyone else had the tail motor go already? I also thought that it mught be the 2 in 1. Just trying to see if anyone can help me out, or if they have had the same problems. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Blade SR Tail Motor

I have a Blade CP Pro 2, and I believe the tail motor might be same. I'm on my 4th tail motor, and one of them had similar symptoms yours had (perhaps not quite that slow, but not fast enough to prevent the heli from spinning around).
    DX7: MCX, MSR, CPP2, 2x HK450, HK450GT, Trex450Sport, HK500GT, Trex500ESP
    eStarter, F4U Corsair, E300, T-28, Extra 3D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes the CP and SR tail motors are the same.
    Rebel Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HH says that they believe it's the 2 in 1. I guess we'll see when it arrives.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Electric Tails seem to be the bone contention...I am not experienced but can imagine from the MSR what a larger version manifests in problems...

There evidently are mods ALREADYout there...Irefer to http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.co...pic.php?p=9447
    I like what this guy has done, and imagine it will be cheaper (and more stable) than replacing 10 dollar motors every few weeks.

Quoted below,

The electrics allow only a tail servo (currently a Futaba S3114 analoge) to be added. Simply unplug the tail motor, unplug the signal plug from the gyro to the esc, and plug in th new servo.

Mechanically: a custom made alloy belt pulley and retainer for the main gear, spacer to drop the main gear slightly, an idler block for two flanged bearings to guide the belt down the stock boom, custom made belt, and a complete Skyartec tail unit (currently metal, will try plastic when I have more parts).

I adjusted the servo push rods (about two full turns each) to compensate to the main gear spacer, which lowered the head about 1mm.

It is totaly reversable with only three 2mm holes drilled into the heli. No other modification required.

Total weight, including battery, 370 grams.

Flight testing is continuing and hope to have some data (amp draw, flight time ect) and video this week.

Tail holds well and is precise. Flys best on idle up or flight mode 1 (higher head speed). I guess with a digital servo (the stock gyro has digital output) it will work best.
    Like the rest of the heli, the tail responds nicely to stick moments and will suit the begginer."

That's the way Eflite should have made it, me thinks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have not tail rotation now either. I am a noob, so Ihave the training wheels on and have yet to even lift off (inside still). Out of nowhere, the tail has shutdown ... I adjusted the ESC gain a bit and still nada. Calling HH tomorrow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is HH open on Saturday?
    Rebel Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We'll find out ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1. HH only open weekdays.
    2. Over-the-phone diagnostics indicate a bad 2-in-1 also.
    3. Excellent service from HH

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got the sr two days ago, and the tail motor just stopped spinning out of nowhere. Started the heli up, it was fine. Started it up again, and nothing. No crash or anything. Just didnt work. Have to go to the LHS monday, and get a motor, and see if thats the problem. I just hope its not the ESC. That would suck. I just have a hard time believing that the motor would quit only after 2 days.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A helicopter with a separate tail motor the question is not is it going to quite working but when.
    Rebel Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My CP Pro2 did the exact same thing. I'd flown it numerous times and was actually working on my hovering in the bedroom (3 minutes in) when the tail started going out. Luckily it went over my bed so I just shut it down and it parked itself against a pillow. From then on it was intermittent or completely absent. I wasn't sure whether to blame the tail motor, gyro, or 2 in 1. I took one of the batteries and used jumpers to hit the leads on the tail motor and it fired straight up to full tilt. So at the moment, I'm going with the 2 in 1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
    Ground bad!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had 1/2 battery through mine til the tail motor stopped and then started again...starts and stops........I have three batteries through it now.....I can hover without the tail......hope its nothing serious

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My tail is still dead. HH thought it was a bad 2in1 so they sent me a new one. I replaced that and still no tail. Gyro lights fine. I tried the AA battery across the tail motor leads and nothing, so I am guessing it's a bad tail motor - after about 2 minutes of operation - really!? I have new tail motor coming ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They wanted me to send my heli in. How did you get them to send you parts?
    Ground bad!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The support fellow gave me the option of sending the heli in or them shipping me the part. Dunno. I think he said he felt bad that the heli was out of commission so soon and wanted to get me going as fast as possible. I have yet to leave the ground. The new tail motor is not coming from them (I have yet to call HH about this) - I ordered the new tail motor from a nearby online retailer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bought my SR...one flight..tail motor gone...e-mailed HH......Bing Bang Boom.........a new motor is on the way I'm impressed.......how many other co's would tell you to get stuffed.......I own five of their products...I'll keep buying......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've had an Axe CP for nearly 4 years. The tail motor is the same on the SR, the CP Pro 2, and the Axe. Those tail motors just don't last. My solution was to install a HH gyro with a brushless ESC and tail motor. The last 2 years have been alot of fun.

Good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pilotlight can you be specific about the parts you used to go brushless? I have about 10 packs on my SR and so far no tail motor problems. From what I had been hearing from everyone else it is only a matter of time. I am most likely going to go for the belt driven setup as I can use this with the stock Tx until I can get a DX6 or DX7. Thou I would consider the brushless setup as an option If it can be made to work with the stock Tx. Is the beltdrive shown above the one from Freestyle-Hobby.com?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: uniquestylz

So Ihave had about 4 batteries through my SR now, and it seems as though the tail motor just went. It won't come on, and if it does, it only spins real slow. Adjusted the gain, and no help. Has anyone else had the tail motor go already? I also thought that it mught be the 2 in 1. Just trying to see if anyone can help me out, or if they have had the same problems. Thanks
    Unique,

I had a tail motor go out on my SRafter about 20 packs. Here are my observations from another thread Ihas posted:

E-Flite Blades - mCX, mCX2, CX3, msr, msrX, 120SR, SR