Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HELP!! Newbie with tx questions

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

HELP!! Newbie with tx questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 05:52 PM
kropyls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Newbie with tx questions

Hi everyone, looking forward to your replies. I am the proud owner of a Blade CP Pro, haven't had much problems with it besides to impatient with it. However after a recent crash and new parts time to fly again. I have the stock 6-channel ccpm/FCC ID:SU9-FEDA01/Model:E8 TX. So After the repairs I spin up my bird and as I do this all three servos quiver like crazy(hmmm). I shut it down and check my antena wire is clear(it is). So I spin it up again and same thing, I leave it spinning and play with my TX, When I start to play with the channel 5 knob I notice it affected the servos. So I tweek the channel 5 knob as close as I can to stop the eradick behaviour of the servos. In My manual It says this knob is only used when a G90 heading lock gyro is installed,which I doen't. Should the channel 5 knob affect all 3 servos with a stock 6 channel RX and no heading lock gyro?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: HELP!! Newbie with tx questions

Is your radio standard FM or 2.4GZ? I have been in Dawson Creek before the beginning of the Alaska High Way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88159.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1398454  
Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
kropyls

Sweet, someone from my neck of the woods. Ty for your reply. I do believe my TX is FM . The crystals are 72.870.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
46u

No I am a LONG way from you just I rode my motorcycle in 2005 from Macon, Georgia to Alaska and back over 10,000 miles in 4 weeks.

You problem sounds like a radio interference and your servos are glitching. One of the many reasons 2.4GHz is MUCH better. You all so could have a loose or bad crystal.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:10 PM
kropyls

Yes I realized that you are not up here after. Any ideas what could cause the interference, I've tried in the house and outside trying to stay from all power sources. Also if I bought a 2.4 GHz would I need a new RX as well?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 PM
46u

Yes if you go to 2.4GHz you would have to have a different RX. Does the glitching get worse when you have it spooled up? I love that part of the country. The guy I rode with is going back this June. I wish I could go.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM
kropyls

Yes the glitching does get worse when I spool it up, however like I said if I adjust the chanel 5 knob on my transmitter I can bring the glitiching to a minimal but not eliminate it. And yes it is beautiful here, I vowed to never leave when I moved here 20 yrs ago.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:28 PM
46u

A couple of things that can cause glitching. Metal to metal vibration. Make sure your crystals are firmly in the sockets and making good contact. Does your pro have a CF frame? Is your motor brushless?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:15 AM
kropyls

Ok, I don't believe I have metal to metal vibration. My crystals do have good contact. I don't have a brushless motor. Not sure what you mean by a CF frame. I have the aluminum frame from Micro Helli.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
kropyls

Ok awake and able to think better now. In reply to my last post no I don't have a carbon fiber frame it's aluminum.