Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

blade400 tail rotor servo wont center please help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade400 tail rotor servo wont center please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
djolejnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade400 tail rotor servo wont center please help!!!!

I have a blade 400 with a futaba DS285 tail servo. The servo wont center. When I adjust it it continues to run in the direction Im adjusting it to go in. I replaced the servo with a new one and Im still having the same problem. I just replaced my dx6 so Im wondering if its in the adjustments on that?? Or if its in the gyro?? I still have the original gyro in it. I have a new 401gyro to put in it but I just havnt got around tto it yet. I want to figuire out what this problem is before I start tearing everything apart. Does anyone have any ideas???
Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 PM
JPEE

Default RE: blade400 tail rotor servo wont center please help!!!!

ORIGINAL: djolejnik

I have a blade 400 with a futaba DS285 tail servo. The servo wont center. When I adjust it it continues to run in the direction Im adjusting it to go in. I replaced the servo with a new one and Im still having the same problem. I just replaced my dx6 so Im wondering if its in the adjustments on that?? Or if its in the gyro?? I still have the original gyro in it. I have a new 401gyro to put in it but I just havnt got around tto it yet. I want to figuire out what this problem is before I start tearing everything apart. Does anyone have any ideas???
djolenik,
I am not quite clear what the exact problem is? Did the heli's tail servo "ever" work right?

Did you crash and this is a result?

Is this a new first time set up.

I will provide you with a basic starting point. Go into the DX6i to your gyro settings. Engage the second value by flipping the gyro switch on the top left side of the radio. BUT FIRST go into your set up menu and make sure the setting is below 30%. Generally you see values like 63-65 for the top number and 45-50% for number two setting. Once this is done then make just like your gettign ready to fly.
Now with the heli sitting on the table NOTE where your tail servo is. Next, take the DX6i and flip the switch to the lower setting that you already prepped, like 30%. You should see the servo move from where it was to a new position and it should lock in and stay there in that position and stay there. It is at this point the servo arm should be a perfect 90 degrees to the servo, meaning...... it should be straight up or down like 12 o clock or 6 o clock. If this is not the case then first make sure your sub trims in and out side the radio are all at zero on your rudder. Now, if that has been done and the servo arm is still not at 90 degrees its time to take it off (the arm) and reset it to get it as close as possible. Once you slipped it off and moved best as you can then use you sub trim "inside" the radio to get it perfect. Next, when that arm is centered the tail blades should flat! with no pitch or cutting in or out. You might have to screw in or out the long link rod that goes back to the tail to attain this perfection.
When you switch the radio's "Gyro Switch" from HH= Heading Hold 65% down to R= Rate Mode that 35% that tail should be perfect.

Try this as a starting point..........JPEE
Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 PM
djolejnik

I actually crashed it and broke the rod that goes from the servo to the rotor. I replaced the rod and I also bought a new dx6 radio. I think I just need to adjust the settings. That has to be the problem. Thanks for the help on the basic settings.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Solman

May sound like a silly question, but did you center it mechanically when you installed it? When you turn on the power, the servo automatically centers itself.