Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

MSR: What are the symptoms of a bad 5in1?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

MSR: What are the symptoms of a bad 5in1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM
bluoma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSR: What are the symptoms of a bad 5in1?

I'm having some issues with my msr. It's normally very stable. Lately, its been intermittently CRAZY.I Haven't changed anything recently, or crashed excessively.

Sometimes it just starts to spin to the left.....after not having any trim issues at all. Actually I haven't had to make any trim adjustments in months. Once in awhile, it'll go into TBE, sometimes spin left and TBE simultaneously. I've checked all linkages to see if anything is bound up...everything seems to be fine. I experienced TBE after switching to the more aggressive swashplate setting. It turned out to be the linkages binding up in the anti-rotation collar. I was easily able to take care of that. I'm wondering if my current problem is a 5in1 issue. What are the signs of a bad 5in1? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 PM
gi1mo2

Default RE: MSR: What are the symptoms of a bad 5in1?

Did you notice the tail motor speed changing at all? Could it be the tail motor?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have to make some trim adjustments every flight with mine.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 AM
bluoma

ORIGINAL: 46u

Mine's been very stable and consistent until now. If I chose to milk an extra minute or so out of a battery, I'd have to make minor rudder trim adjustments....but I set the timer for 5 minutes on my dx6i....when the time's up, I land it.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 AM
renegade 22

had a couple issues with my 2 msr's check the tail plug in at the 5-1 unit. if it is loose it causes problems. after a crash check you're tail motor as i have had 2 ends pop a couple mills and when you fire it up the 5-1 stops after about a second or the rotor keeps spinning.
hope that helps
Old 03-20-2010, 10:33 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bluoma

Mine's been very stable and consistent until now. If I chose to milk an extra minute or so out of a battery, I'd have to make minor rudder trim adjustments....but I set the timer for 5 minutes on my dx6i....when the time's up, I land it.
I have well over 100 flights on mine good chance over 200 and since new all ways have to make some trim adjustments when I first take off. I set my DX6i for 5 minutes 20 seconds as when the batteries where new I would get 6 1/5 minutes before the LVC kicked in.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:39 PM
bluoma

ORIGINAL: bluoma

I have well over 100 flights on mine good chance over 200 and since new all ways have to make some trim adjustments when I first take off. I set my DX6i for 5 minutes 20 seconds as when the batteries where new I would get 6 1/5 minutes before the LVC kicked in.
I pretty much went with a 5 minute limit right from the beginning. I wonder if others have to trim often as well. I guess I'm either lucky or ignorantly content with an improperly trimmed heli.

On a side note....I stopped by the LHS and picked up a new tail boom/motor assembly, just to see if that was the problem. Apparently it was, it's back to flying great. It's also much quieter than the older one. Maybe it was on its way out...

Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Mikey29a

I have a different mSR issue for a bad 5 in 1.

After avout 4 weeks with no major crashes, only minor bumps (powered down first),

My mSR lost bind and will not bind to any transmitter (Tried 4 already.)

I've emailed product support, but all I got back was a canned reply (we will get back to you in 3-4 days) 9 days ago... no support.
A new 5 in 1 is over 1/3 the cost of a new one Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

Mikey29a

Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 PM
AE3007A1P

I had the same thing happen. A charge of the batteries in the Transmitter fixed that problem right up. Whether your issue is caused by the same problem or not is questionable, but if it is, the fix is simple.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:42 PM
mattozx6rr

My msr is down for the count. I broke my tail motor against the wall. I purchased a new tail rotor and boom but now when turned on the tail rotor runs wide open uncontrollably. emailed customer support and they said the 5 in 1 was probably bad. 5th flight and the 5 in 1 is already bad? from a power down tail crash? As mentioned above the 5 in 1 is better than one third the cost of the whole heli so I am just weighing the benefits of purchasing a larger heli or just getting another 5 in 1. For now I am stuck playing with my MCX which after about a half hourgets quite boring.