Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Need info on a Camera I can mount on blade 400

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Need info on a Camera I can mount on blade 400

Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 PM
ttown350
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on a Camera I can mount on blade 400

I am looking for info on a descent video cam to mount to my blade 400. Would like one that takes an sd card or similar yet is not to expensive. Any info with links would be great!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 PM
46u

Default RE: Need info on a Camera I can mount on blade 400

If you do some checking there are a lot of people here using these. I have a couple and work very well and cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-DV-Spy-Came...item5639ebb373
Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 PM
46u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFfL...layer_embedded
Old 03-19-2010, 11:50 PM
ttown350

Thanks for the fast response. Video on YouTube came out grainy so as soon as I get home will check on the computer
to see how it looks. I found one on xheli.com but it's around 60 bucks.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 PM
gi1mo2

I bought a video camera from Hobby King. Haven't used it on the heli yet, but you can find videos on YouTube:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10093

There is a cheaper version here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10973

Old 03-20-2010, 10:48 AM
46u

YouTube is not the best for video reproduction even with a good camera . I have two of the the key chain cams and very pleased with them for the money. They make some very nice video cameras but I personally am not taking a chance on messing up a 1 or 2 hundred dollar camera in a crash.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:01 AM
AH-64_d

The key chain cameras have the advantage that the lens faces out of one end. You can velcro the camera to the belly of your aircraft and its lens will be facing forward. The Turnigy cameras have the lens facing out the side, so you either sit it up in the cockpit or settle for footage of the ground beneath your aircraft - That view gets boring fast. Have you checked the video forum? It is sort of moribund, but there were some good suggestions there once upon a time.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 AM
ttown350

OK. I took the 11.99 plunge on ebay plus free shipping from Hong Kong on the key chain cam. So when it arrives, next year, lol. I will do a review and post some videos of it mounted on my blade 400, and maybe the msr if I can lighten it up a bit. From what I saw, the version with the micro sd slots take some decent video.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
46u

Information on the key cam. Like I said MANY are using them here on RCU.
http://chucklohr.com/808/#sosfakeflash
Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
ttown350

ORIGINAL: 46u

Information on the key cam. Like I said MANY are using them here on RCU.
http://chucklohr.com/808/#sosfakeflash

Thanks for the great info. I took the blade 400 out for batteries three and four today. flew both pack on idle up mode. Its handles even better that way and had some good hovers with only about a 5 mph wind. I decided to try out the SR this way just to give it one last chance. Still don't like it, so it will soon be gone to a new home. Hows it going with the SR for you?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM
AH-64_d

My SR is still in its box. I am not having any difficulty flying my MSR, but would prefer to get as good with it as I am with my CX2 before uncrating the SR. BTW, the key chain camera is small, but trying to fly one on a Blade MSR seems to be a bit of a stretch.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: AH-64_d

My SR is still in its box. I am not having any difficulty flying my MSR, but would prefer to get as good with it as I am with my CX2 before uncrating the SR. BTW, the key chain camera is small, but trying to fly one on a Blade MSR seems to be a bit of a stretch.
Who is trying to use the key chain cam on a MSR? Do not think any one here is correct me if I am wrong. ttown350 is looking for one for a blade 400 which is even bigger then the SR.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 PM
ttown350

ORIGINAL: ttown350

OK. I took the 11.99 plunge on ebay plus free shipping from Hong Kong on the key chain cam. So when it arrives, next year, lol. I will do a review and post some videos of it mounted on my blade 400, and maybe the msr if I can lighten it up a bit. From what I saw, the version with the micro sd slots take some decent video.
46u, I think he is talking about my quote. Never thought I would quote myself. lol, however. I may stand corrected but I think and will prove if it works, lighten the keychain cam enough to fly with it attached to my blade mSR. After all if there being flown with all the cnc aluminum hopups out on the market, I think I can, I think I can. I also think that I was once told that buying a blade 400 without any other stepping stones from a coaxial was a bad idea. Keep in mind that I don't even own a mSR of my own. But, it will be here Friday. Not that I am here to prove anyone wrong by any means. But just that fact that a helicopter flies period, proved alot of folks wrong decades ago. wings are not supposed to go in circles, and to auto? thats crazy, and I have done it as a flight mech on a Coast Guard helicopter many times during training flights. Those pilots love to drop the power and try 90 degree and 180 autos to the runway every chance they get. Keeps em flying. LOL
Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 AM
AH-64_d

What are those Coasties flying, nowadays? A Huey or a Cobra would autorotate pretty good, but the Blackhawk and Apache, I have been told, act like bricks.