Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Original Blade CX-After light crash batts last less than 1 minute

A few weeks ago I got my original Blade CX out. After a few adjustments it was flying great (better than ever) and has been ever since. I bought 2 brand new batteries, upgraded to aluminum lower and upper rotor this past week and have been getting 8-10 minutes of indoor flight time per charge.

So yesterday I was flying and had a light crash. Nothing broke, the retaining collar under the swashplate came loose so I disassembled the unit and then reassembled. Now when I fly the batteries last less than a minute (more like 20 seconds), and I have to really give it a lot of power to just get off the floor. I have made certain that there is a slight amount of play under that retaining collar below the swashplate as I recall that causing low flight times in the past (if there was no play).

I'm guessing it's the 4 in 1 control unit? It is the original 4 in 1 that came with the heli when I bought it 4 years ago so I'm ok with buying a new one but just wanted to make sure that was what is causing the issue? Cannot think of anything else it could be.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Peter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Original Blade CX-After light crash batts last less than 1 minute

Might have trashed a motor, email Horizon and see what they say.
    Trex 450 Pro / Trex 500 / Trex 600E
    microbeast Ikon Ikon