Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 400 Vs. Phoenix 2.5 Simulator

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 Vs. Phoenix 2.5 Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Drumheller Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 Vs. Phoenix 2.5 Simulator

K...here I go.......all my friends I have chatted with before say...get a damn sim......K I did........I crashed and burned so many times with the 400..I am no doubt twice the price with parts...good buddy Jon6565 got me all fixed up...took winter off......bought a Blade SR...flew it kind of.....then bought a Phoenix Sim....the latest one...now I do back flips , front flips side rolls......and land with no crashes.........question is....how close is this simulator to the real 400......should I try it......
Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Solman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade 400 Vs. Phoenix 2.5 Simulator

Here is from my experience. I can do lots of stuff on the sim, but it doesn't quite translate physics and wind conditions 100%. The main point of a sim is to help you imprint the right stick movements. Also don't forget, your radio is set up different and you have different electronics in the heli which may affect the outcome. Practice on the sim, and start out with a simple maneuver and work your way up. Doing it real life adds a pucker factor that you don't get on the sim. Even though I use the sim for the imprint, it doesn't always quite come out the same in real life. BTW, just as an example, just by me upgrading the gyro and tail servo improved the heli a lot. I wouldn't have progressed as well if I had stuck with stock electronics. Also there is a good article about recovery in the April issue of RC Heli.

On a side note, can you perform these maneuvers on the real heli?

1. Land/hover facing towards you?
2. Fly fast and do figure 8's?
3. Can you recover out of a situation?
4. Can you fly your heli with the switch in 3D mode? (Flying in 3D mode is a weird feeling at first)

I have a Blade 400 and I am starting to progress deeper into 3D.
Here is a flight I did recently. I was only doing loops because I wasn't sure if every was good because I was having a stuttering problem off and on. Regardless, when I went to do a loop, it didn't come out of it right and I had to recover. It didn't bother me none, but you can hear the peanut gallery in the back. So be prepared for the unexpected.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o.flv&newest=1