Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade mCX - my "first" heli

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade mCX - my "first" heli

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Tarasdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade mCX - my "first" heli

Well, technically it's my first heli in about 15 years since I used to have an old GMPCobra that I never got beyond low hover. Anyway, this little heli is absolutely a blast to fly! I just the few days that I've had it I have more airtime than that Cobra ever got. Now I realize that the way this coaxial bird flies bears very little relation to how a full CP heli flies, but still it's a great step for me to get back into heli flying. To be honest I consider myself a total heli novice since I'm basically starting over from the beginning.

There are a few things I've noticed about this neat little heli:
- It does NOTlike any sort of breeze at all! I was flying in the living room last night when the heater came on and suddenly Iwas struggling for control.
- It is partucularly good at finding my wife's stray hairs (long) and wrapping them around the inner shaft just below the upper blade.
- As stable as it is, once you become disoriented it can go unexpected places in a BIG hurry!
- It absolutely terrifies our spaniel mix and our orange tabby, but our other cat thinks it's the best toy in the world.
- It is sheer, unadelterated FUNin a tiny package!!

I haven't told my wife yet but flying this little guy has got me picking out my next helicopter - looking very hard at the Blade SR.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Solman

Default RE: Blade mCX - my

Welcome to the fun/money pit. I started out on a Blade CX3 last Summer. I know fly a upgraded Blade 400 doing loops, flips, and rolls. Take your time and learn your directional control. Be confident landing facing towards you and in other directions. Also pick a particular spot to land on to learn to be precise. It will better prepare you for the next step. Getting a sim will help drastically too.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Tarasdad

Got the sim, been practicing spot landings - although the "spot" is about 18" square right now!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Scream And Fly

The mCXwas my first 4-channel heli and it's been great to me. Imostly fly my Blade mSR and SRnow. I strongly suggest your next step be the mSR. It's by far the best micro heli there is now, in my opinion. If you think the mCX is fast, the mSR will really impress you.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Stone624

If you order the msr, make sure to get an extra tail motor. They are susceptible to damage and have a short life span in my experience (I fly about 2 batteries a day and it lasted about 2 months before "twitching" and "sputtering" out)
Old 04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Solman

Tail motor isn't that much of an issue to where you need a spare. What you do need to keep as spares for the msr includes:

1. Flybar - damages easy and if it bends at all, just replace it.
2. Blade grips - strips out very easy and don't over tighten the screws. You have to leave them loose for them to function. If you move the blades and there is friction, it won't fly right.
3. Landing skids - tabs going into frame tend to break easy when flying aggressive and crash.